Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown object

• 28-11-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure where the best place to post this is, but I'm looking for identification of some grains found in some slides, I have attached images below

6qk7lt.jpg

11j6q2b.jpg

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Conchir

Looks like bits of silica/silicate to me. I've no expertise in it so I'm not sure; in any microscope work I've done before, the stuff in your photo is the crap that gets in the way of what I'm actually trying to look at, so I've spent most of my time ignoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Hi,

Thanks for that but these grains occur very frequently (80+) in the slide and all of them look exactly the same, hence my thinking that they are something else. What that something else is though, I've no idea!

Advertisement