Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Training for employment

Options
  • 14-10-2018 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi. Single mam of two here. I am a qualified beautician but wants to further my skills to get back into employment. I am currently on one parent family. Hoping to do a gel nail course but the prices are astronomical. Courses are around the €600 mark and I do not have that type of money spare to spend on a course.

Just wondering does any places like social welfare etc allow you to further your skills to gain employment as most places are looking for these type of skills.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 classic tiler

Have you contacted Citizens advice?. They can tell you what funding is available and will advise you on how or if it affects any social welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Social welfare will pay for particular courses especially one that might enhance any experience you already have.
    Ask in your local social welfare office.

Advertisement