Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Removing greasy stains and dirt from collars in white shirts

Options
  • 05-01-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wanted to share something I learned. You can use Windex or similar to remove greasy stains on clothes, just spray it on the mark, rub with your finger and wash as normal. When I worked in a restaurant I had to wear a white shirt everyday and after a 12 hour shift it would be filthy inside the collar and around the cuffs. I used to spray it with windex before washing it and it would remove all the grime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find using liquid hand soap is also good. Just dampen the stain and rub the soap in well and wash as normal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Washing soda is great for that, too. I never knew about Windex, though - good tip, thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bianca Crystal

Windex is an interesting idea. Thanks for letting us know!

Advertisement