Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That's a good idea if it works alright and yeah you have to be able to fight other ork clans, and orks within your own clan too :D

What would be cool is if they somehow implemented the very best ork players being upgraded to Nobs and Warbosses organically somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If I remember correctly, becoming a Nob was mostly a case of smacking all the other Orks in the teeth until they agreed with you. Perhaps some sort of Ork-only tournament style minigame where the winner gets some sort of "I'z da boss" buff, until they get killed or lose a duel to another Ork, who would then be Da Boss because he was obviously stronger.

That could work alright as you limit the number of Nobz allowed. I think in the fluff an ork turns into a Nob by being successful at fighting and the mental effects stimulate the body to grow bigger and hence he can bully all the other orks because he's bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I doubt anyone will really care too much as long as a few hundred Orks can rush a handful of space marines while screaming "WAAAAAAAAAGH!"

I was always reminded of the Waagh! while doing Banzai! or Uurrah! charges in Red Orchestra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

That's a good idea if it works alright and yeah you have to be able to fight other ork clans, and orks within your own clan too :D

What would be cool is if they somehow implemented the very best ork players being upgraded to Nobs and Warbosses organically somehow

Well the game is meant to have a player elected "council" for each faction that doles out the mission objectives and such. If it works or not is going to be one of the things that ruins the game or becomes a great part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

Anyone picked up their Founder Packs yet?
    If so which option have you chosen?

Find it hard to justify the $120 or even the $80 ones myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Aaron- wrote: »
    Anyone picked up their Founder Packs yet?
    If so which option have you chosen?

Find it hard to justify the $120 or even the $80 ones myself.

Been looking at it, but when I see the screenshots and video footage all I keep thinking is "I've already paid for Space Marine, why am I being asked to pay so much again?", doubly so when they start talking about having horde missions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Pre-release Founder Packs: Alienating your playerbase before you've even launched your game since

...actually, who the heck started that particularly execrable trend in the first place? :confused: I can understand paying a bit extra for the Special Edition but this Founder BS has become as malignant a gaming cancer as Early Access :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I don't mind pre-release founder packs per say but they should be value for money and without even a clue how much the $40 goes towards (or what the heck it can unlock) why would I spend that money?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So this exits Early Access today and all wipes are over.

There's still balance issues, overall concensus is the Eldar are way too overpowered, though a rebalance is promised. The Orks seems a bit off to me, far too nimble for my liking.

Still I have a referral code for those who want to start:

EC-06NR9220L1R9F

It gets both me and the user a bunch of the in-game currency, Rogue Trader Credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

so how are people finding it so far ? considering picking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maybe I'm wrong but was this game not ment to have a F2P option where you could only play Ork's ?

Venom wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but was this game not ment to have a F2P option where you could only play Ork's ?

Yeah I was also wondering about this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The F2P Ork option was abandoned a year back, and Orks were made a full faction. A shame, I'd have liked the idea, but F2P would have given it the needed player base to survive.

As it stands now, I think it's released too early. I know Namco Bandai forced this step, so I can't blame the devs for that decision. But it needs work, in terms of balancing and content. I'm confident it'll get that in time, but right now, it's not there yet.

Advertisement