Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2020, 09:35   #181
rebelyell99

Have been following the postseason on and off ,after the rout Wednesday night i thought the dodgers might take off especially with Kershaw going last night but give credit to Atlanta . Surely if the Dodgers are beaten here its the end of the line for Roberts ? . Hoping the Rays and Braves get it done tonight would make for an interesting world series .
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 10:06   #182
bazwraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell99 View Post
Have been following the postseason on and off ,after the rout Wednesday night i thought the dodgers might take off especially with Kershaw going last night but give credit to Atlanta . Surely if the Dodgers are beaten here its the end of the line for Roberts ? . Hoping the Rays and Braves get it done tonight would make for an interesting world series .
I was thinking that about Roberts too. I wonder who they could get to replace him.
It's generally been pitching that has cost the Dodgers series over the last few years. There hasn't been a playoff pitcher who has gone out and been lights out. Even when the Dodgers shut out a team, there have always been an inning or two where things have looked dicey.
16-10-2020, 11:16   #183
rebelyell99

I mean I like Kershaw I get that hes one of the best pitchers in the game ,but the guy simply hasnt delivered in October time and time again when the pressure has been on . Roberts should have taken him out after the 5th last night .
Thanks from:
16-10-2020, 11:24   #184
bazwraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell99 View Post
I mean I like Kershaw I get that hes one of the best pitchers in the game ,but the guy simply hasnt delivered in October time and time again when the pressure has been on . Roberts should have taken him out after the 5th last night .
Absolutely. He has had moments of class in the playoffs, but they are few and far between. Even his regular season play over the last 4(?) seasons has been a bit better than average. He's a number 3 or 4 pitcher in a rotation now.
Still love him though
So happy I got to see him pitch a few seasons ago in Dodgers stadium
18-10-2020, 07:56   #185
bazwraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwraf View Post
Nope not looking good at all.
Might be closing this thread tonight

I'm optimistic that we can win tonight behind May. Then should have Walker Buehler tomorrow.
Definitely need everything to go right. Gotta treat it like the Red Sox in 04 and 07, and just make sure that we win the next game. Luckily Dave Roberts was heavily involved then

Realistic opinion - Braves win tonight
Hopeful opinion - Dodgers in 7
Game 7 tonight. Going to be tense.
Game isn't until 1am, so won't get to watch it unfortunately.
Anderson, the pitcher for the Braves tonight has been great during the playoffs. Yet to give up a run.
Say Dodgers will use a flurry of pitchers. Probably starting with Goslin.
Negative prediction is that the Dodgers lead 1-0 in the 8th and Kershaw takes over, and Freeman takes him deep for a 3 run home run, and that's the end of the scoring
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 07:56   #186
ShyMets

Congrets to the Rays for making it to the World Series. And fair play to the Dodgers for leveling the series with the Braves. Should be one hell of a game 7
18-10-2020, 08:44   #187
ShyMets

Quote:
Game 7 tonight. Going to be tense.
Game isn't until 1am, so won't get to watch it unfortunately.
Anderson, the pitcher for the Braves tonight has been great during the playoffs. Yet to give up a run.
Say Dodgers will use a flurry of pitchers. Probably starting with Goslin.
Negative prediction is that the Dodgers lead 1-0 in the 8th and Kershaw takes over, and Freeman takes him deep for a 3 run home run, and that's the end of the scoring
Yeah, pitching looks like its going to be an issue for you. I was reading about the possibility of brining Kershaw in. Its risky but you may have no choice.

On plus you do have momentum.

I'll be back on tomorrow morning hopefully to congratulate you.
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 08:10   #188
bazwraf

Woop woop.
On to the World Series now. Going to be tricky against the Rays.
Imagine it will be a more lower scoring series, than that against the Braves.

With the bank holiday weekend coming up, I potentially might only miss games 1 & 2.
All games look to start at 1am
19-10-2020, 08:38   #189
ShyMets

Quote:
Woop woop.
On to the World Series now. Going to be tricky against the Rays.
Imagine it will be a more lower scoring series, than that against the Braves.

With the bank holiday weekend coming up, I potentially might only miss games 1 & 2.
All games look to start at 1am
Congrats. You must be on cloud 9. Fair play to the Dodgers. That was some come back.

Enjoy the rest of the ride.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 09:18   #190
bazwraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyMets View Post
Congrats. You must be on cloud 9. Fair play to the Dodgers. That was some come back.

Enjoy the rest of the ride.
Cautiously optimistic. Supposed it's our third World Series in the last four years, so not too excited yet.
The sports fan in me, thinks coming back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 is almost a positive omen - Red Sox vs Indians in 07 (or 06?). Cubs vs Indians in 16. Cleveland Cavs vs GS Warriors in 17
Wow, Cleveland has been in a lot of these series
Dodgers vs Rays also reminds me a lot of Galway vs Waterford in the hurling a few years ago. One team who has been in many recent finals, but failed to win one, versus a smaller underdog. All of these point towards Dodgers finally getting across the line

The scientific head on me, realizes that past series have no impact on the World Series this year.
23-10-2020, 13:18   #191
Igotadose

Possible wrinkle in the Mets sale approval - NYC. Apparently one of Cohen's employees ended up with a felony conviction. A clause in NYC leases of 'important cultural sites' or some such require the City to approve sales to people who have employed felons.

Sigh. Only the Mets. And I'm sure this will all wash away in a sea of green.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports...en/6005796002/
25-10-2020, 08:19   #192
bazwraf

Woke up with the wind last night, just in time for the last batter.
Some finish to the game. Hard to be too annoyed.
Just need to get the W tonight behind Kershaw
28-10-2020, 07:10   #193
bazwraf

*dancing*
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2020, 08:56   #194
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotadose View Post
Possible wrinkle in the Mets sale approval - NYC. Apparently one of Cohen's employees ended up with a felony conviction. A clause in NYC leases of 'important cultural sites' or some such require the City to approve sales to people who have employed felons.

Sigh. Only the Mets. And I'm sure this will all wash away in a sea of green.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports...en/6005796002/
You didn’t think it was going to be straightforward did you ? What is it about sports team in that area ending in ETS where if they threw a fiver in the air it’s come up as a summons ? Was shea stadium cursed ?
Thanks from:
28-10-2020, 08:58   #195
Igotadose

Quote:
*dancing*
Nothing like that feeling. Congratulations. Grrr...1988...Grrr...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion