Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

bubblypop wrote: »
    Roasting a chicken for dinner & ironing. I hate ironing. This time though it's for my holidays, so not so bad!!
    Aldi have a little hand held steamer this week for €25, BP. It’s grand if you’re not doing lots of ironing at the one time, like say you had three tops to do now. Def worth a purchase if you hate ironing.

Relaxing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In Etihad Stadium- City end! Oh Kevin De Bruyne! Lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heading for a high stool. The flight is well on its way.

FREE GAFF!

Just back from Dunnes, checked 2 lotto tickets and one 4e,got 2x2e all cash from winnings and just one 20e on one of them.. I'm on a roll so will do the euromillion on Tuesday night, hand in yer notice tomorrow lads, we're out of here Wednesday morning. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My side won the battle and got me here using a cockpit seat, so now I have 12 hours before work

If they had lost the battle I would have found myself traipsing down the right side of Africa for the next 4 days

Ah well, can’t win them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yay new thread...
    Woohoo party in grands House.
    I'm on the couch, very slight hangover, didn't get out of bed til 11:30, and then did nothing. Like yesterday, didn't get up til 12 and them spent most of the day watching Schitts Creek, it's hilarious.
    I still managed to vacuum fold the laundry match the socks and clean the bathroom.
    Crumlin again tomorrow, contemplating the train but won't get home til 9pm, decisions decisions..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I'm dreading work tomorrow guys, I've basically to ask someone to proof their income and/or savings before allowing them access to our service.

Really uncomfortable with that and don't even know if it's allowable.

Can't give away too much for fear of someone recognising me.

It's not a charity I work for though, it is a for profit business so I kind of get it but just feel really weird about it.

BB, don’t feel bad. You are following orders. And to be honest, if I was going to buy something (on credit I’m assuming) that I was to repay over 3 years, I wouldn’t mind showing I could afford it. I know it isn’t the same thing but in my job I take booking fees for some treatments so people don’t waste my time. If they refuse to pay it that’s ok because I know they won’t come and I’ve no issue with wasted time and if they don’t mind paying they’ll genuinely show up.
    I suppose what I’m getting at is, if it’s truly genuine they shouldn’t mind proving they’re in it for the long haul but I agree it wouldn’t be nice having to ask.

Thinking about taking a nap, does anyone want to read me a story

BB, don’t feel bad. You are following orders. And to be honest, if I was going to buy something (on credit I’m assuming) that I was to repay over 3 years, I wouldn’t mind showing I could afford it. I know it isn’t the same thing but in my job I take booking fees for some treatments so people don’t waste my time. If they refuse to pay it that’s ok because I know they won’t come and I’ve no issue with wasted time and if they don’t mind paying they’ll genuinely show up.
    I suppose what I’m getting at is, if it’s truly genuine they shouldn’t mind proving they’re in it for the long haul but I agree it wouldn’t be nice having to ask.

I will!! :D

Just gimmee a min.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Persepoly wrote: »
    I will!! :D

Just gimmee a min.

I would love to hear a bedtime story that you would think up for shoes!
    Make it a podcast.

• Advertisement

That's the problem, it's not a financial product and I said that to the boss the other day.

It's a service that's paid for monthly and they've already paid a month in advance so who am I to ask can they afford it for the next 3 years?

Once upon a time in a land filled will beautiful dresses and beautiful shoes there lived a lovely lady. This lady lived in a house that smelt of lavender and honeysuckle and was full to the brim of fluffy bouncing dogs. Life however was sometimes difficult because in a neighbouring land there lived a coven of wicked witches. These witches were jealous of our lady with the honeysuckle house and fluffy bouncing dogs.
    They liked to cast spells and use voodoo magic to create upset and discomfort.

The lovely lady was angry. She had enough and decided it was time to fight back. Alas she had no spells or voodoo magic at her disposal. So she decided to seek counsel from the old wise Persepoly Godmother. "Please Persepoly Godmother what can I do to stem the tide of tricksy mischief? How do I stand strong against such malevolence".

Persepoly Godmother knew a thing or two about such predicaments.
    "Honeysuckle lady you must grow love in your heart everyday. Cuddle your doggies. Work hard. Keep your house and your mind beautiful. That is the best piece of magic you can do in order to keep the nasty witches away. For they wither in the face of contentment and joy".

The lovely lady suddenly filled with stars and the sun bounced off her skin. She did exactly what the wise old woman to her to do and the coven of wickedness slinked away in to their holes of darkness never to be heard of again.

:D

BBFAN wrote: »
    That's the problem, it's not a financial product and I said that to the boss the other day.

It's a service that's paid for monthly and they've already paid a month in advance so who am I to ask can they afford it for the next 3 years?
    How long is the contract for and has it ever been asked of anyone else? If it’s something that’s required on occasion fair enough but if it’s never asked of people I can see why you’d be a bit taken aback.

Actually can’t contain myself for this story

Hahahahaha that’s made my day!! I haven’t had anyone make up a story for me since my dad :D thanks godmother P!

Love it Persepoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Is it a contract issue, do they have to sign up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

lying on my bed,contemplating a ****.

Oh..ok then

*puppy dog eyes*

:pac:

Fixed that for you after your typo.

Sorry folks, it's hard to give details without giving away where I work but let's just say it involves a service provided for human beings rather than a product.

But's let just imagine it was a product such a phone service. You're not asked to provide proof of being able to pay for 3 years or more are you?

I know they probably do a credit check but they don't ask how much you have in savings etc.?

It would probably be easier if it was just a computerised credit check but this seems very personalised to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

Just back from Dunnes, checked 2 lotto tickets and one 4e,got 2x2e all cash from winnings and just one 20e on one of them.. I'm on a roll so will do the euromillion on Tuesday night, hand in yer notice tomorrow lads, we're out of here Wednesday morning. ��

Congrats. Better than I usually get on anyway.

I never bothered with the lotto. But then I started reading about pensions and investments and bonds and stuff.

So I figured the only answer was to start doing the lottery online.

Its a highly efficient system, I chose my numbers and forgot about it and then received an email telling me I had exciting news, to check my account.

So I logged in and checked notifications and it said "You have exciting news, you have exciting news"

They said it twice. So it had to be fairly exciting.

2 quid. Ticket cost 7 so that's fairly exciting, exciting.

They should review the email alert system. Getting me all worked up to then inform me I had lost a fiver.

I could fare better selling tri-colours at Rangers games. Would be fairly exciting too but at least I'd break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Couchside watching deferred coverage of Wexford and Cork on TG4. Calving here too at the moment, but I'm just on tea making duty this year (which suits me just fine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

2 quid. Ticket cost 7 so that's fairly exciting, exciting.
    That sounds like me and the stock market :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

https://archive.org/details/fiveminutestories_1601_librivox

...and there are thousands more. All for free. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundling to work feeling very down.. Had some new/different type of panic attack last night and feel very out of sorts.
    Perse, great story, might request one from you yet, if you'd be so kind?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside having a beer, got home from the midlands at 5 this evening after a great night with 18 relations, one of the cousins hosted a "Six Nations" party in their house, which basically involved loads of food and drink while watching the match and then a couple of guitars were brought out and a sing song started, we left at 10.30 but from all accounts today it finished up at 2.30 am!

Trundling to work feeling very down.. Had some new/different type of panic attack last night and feel very out of sorts.
    Perse, great story, might request one from you yet, if you'd be so kind?.

Of course Grem :)

Mind yourself tonight x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Persepoly wrote: »
    Of course Grem :)

Mind yourself tonight x

Perse ..do me! do me! do me!!

And tell me a story too!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Perse ..do me! do me! do me!!

And tell me a story too!

:P

you want every to do you,

I kinda want a story, but am a bit scared of what it could be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I'm dreading work tomorrow guys

Nothing worse than that BB, believe me I've been there in the past, thankfully I'm in a happier place now in all respects (still have the oh fcuk work again days), no work is worth that, mind yourself and keep looking out for other jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Kitchen table side mindlessly eating pizza and a much needed glass of wine. My mother greeted me today by telling me she doesn't think she will last much longer. Happy Sunday Rubberlegs and cheers, mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Kitchen table side mindlessly eating pizza and a much needed glass of wine. My mother greeted me today by telling me she doesn't think she will last much longer. Happy Sunday Rubberlegs and cheers, mother.

X

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement