Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A chef on Tv 3 cooking sausies and mushies for brunch ? FGS we are not three years old

PS . He has just called an avocado an avie !! I am out

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

When my banger of a car does a big gear change fart in the middle of town

Get yourself one of these...

https://www.micro-mobility.com/en/experience-micro/microlino

Nobody will hear more than an electric humming and the wheels. You could put a big smile on the front and big eyes with looong lashes. The mirrors, ahem lights could use a little bit of bling and could triple as ears.:)

At least it would fit your avatar and everybody will smile at you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,134 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Get yourself one of these...

https://www.micro-mobility.com/en/experience-micro/microlino

Nobody will hear more than an electric humming and the wheels. You could put a big smile on the front and big eyes with looong lashes. The mirrors, ahem lights could use a little bit of bling and could triple as ears.:)

At least it would fit your avatar and everybody will smile at you.;)

that is actually really cool in a modern bmw isetta kinda way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When my banger of a car does a big gear change fart in the middle of town

Stop blaming the car! we all know it was you farting and not the car :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

People not using their indicators while driving. Is it really so hard to let other road users know that you intend to turn off or change lane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

blueser wrote: »
    People not using their indicators while driving. Is it really so hard to let other road users know that you intend to turn off or change lane?

I know where I am going, that is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Got up to 32,000 in who wants to be a millionaire but it was pretend money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I used to be annoyed by vertical video. I think many people were.

It got to the point where it got so much exposure that people generally became aware of it being an unacceptable way to film.

Unfortunately this gave birth to a far greater monster.

I'm talking about how now people will begin recording vertically before being hit by the thought 'oh yeah, vertical video', switching it to horizontal, and the whole video ends up being processed sidewards.

Me bleedin' neck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Fair City. My brain is turning into mush

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Fair City. My brain is turning into mush

If you want a good laugh go over the fair city thread in the soap opera forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You wouldn't believe what I encountered earlier on the way home from work.

A runner out for his regular routine. No biggie usually. Only he was running towards traffic on the shoulder of a MOTORWAY with the intermitting flashing light from those miners lamps that are in vogue at the minute as his only visual aid.

Some people. And yet no change in the by-laws of the rules of the road affects him.

I bet he's only 'training' for a 5K fun run that everyone else enters for the charitable aspect too.

If you want a good laugh go over the fair city thread in the soap opera forum.

I actually used to follow it a bit before I left, but mam had an episode on there tonight and I’ve no idea how I watched it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

blueser wrote: »

Indicators being called blinkers in the US. Don't know why but it bugs the life out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Could not find my earphones this am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Choking on a drink of water. Failure as a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

iamwhoiam wrote: »

PS . He has just called an avocado an avie !! I am out

I never have, and never will eat an avocado. Purely because of their association with hipsters and fad diets. When I see an avocado all I can think of is some greaser in brown shoes with no socks, a man bag, some cool haircut, and a takeaway coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Being scared of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

northgirl wrote: »
    Being scared of life.

Life can certainly be scary, but also exciting, fun, enjoyable, fulfilling and many other positive things too. Try not to let the fear of life diminish the positives.

My TA is that despite all the good things in life, it's mostly mundane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Last day for submitting potential projects was wed, as they are closing today I'm hoping I'll get the yea or neigh today, so I can start some research on it to save my sanity over other ppl's christmas break. So far no sign, I get ppl are working at sub par atm and some have other things to do today, but c'on, yea or neigh and put me out of my misery.

The ta? half afraid its rejected and I have to start the process all over again, but I need to know so I'm not wasting time researching something I cant use. Half afraid they dont and I have to work on it. Its a really stressful stuff to do.

*Kerosene still not arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at the guy I work who is a snot with me cos I threw his rotting blueberries in the bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I was standing in the check out queue at Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt at 9 am this morning. I thought I was being smart being there so early. It would appear that this is not early at all at all. It was packed.

The lady ahead of me kept abandoning her foodstuffs on the checkout thingy and running off to pick up something else that she had forgotten. She did this three times. She then waited until she was asked for her payment before searching through her handbag for her wallet. When she was given her change she then separated the various coins in to various pockets in her purse. THEN she started packing her groceries.

Earlier I had been coughed all over by a plank of an Old Fart whom it seems wouldn't dream of covering his mouth when he coughs. He has never done this in his life and never ever will either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Accidentally wrote “Hope sanity comes this Christmas”’instead of “santy” to someone. But, tbh.. if the shoe fits.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Spilled coffee all over myself at work. It's all over my (white) shirt, lanyard and dripping out of my badge holder. Slob. :mad:

Bus eireannand there shoddy service, waiting 40minutes for a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Choking on a drink of water. Failure as a human.

It's horrible when you do it in front of somebody else.

So embarrassing, it's impossible to hide it.

Also the bus is clearly at capacity and the ass clown is still stopping for people , I suppose all they care about is the bottom line and not about people's safety or comfort.

Left my deodorant in Leeds because I thought I had some at home. Turns out the only one I have here is a roll on one from Aldi that takes aaages to dry and feels really sticky. And of course I forgot to buy proper deodorant yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Spilled coffee all over myself at work. It's all over my (white) shirt, lanyard and dripping out of my badge holder. Slob. :mad:

Yea did that once by reaching for something and dipped my badge into my coffee:o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Missed my mouth drinking from my water bottle, just as the help desk guy was due! Spilt on the desk, just inches from the keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Not feeling well today. Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like I'm shaky from low blood sugars. I'll have to crack open the chocolates :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement