Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GPS Tracking gone mad!

• 05-02-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I just opened up Google maps and noticed that the blue dot (to depict current location) wasn't on our house as usual, but a few miles down the road. Very confused, I zoomed in and realised it was my other half's place of work!

How? I don't understand how my laptop knows where he is??!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Do you use chrome? And is it logged in to your OH's account?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Are you both logged into google with the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Do you use chrome? And is it logged in to your OH's account?

No Mozilla, logged into my account.. why does it track via where a device you have logged in on is? I always thought it was where the physical device was.

Well, this could get interesting if he says he has to work late, but that blue dot goes elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

He's shagging your neighbours wife, it's common knowledge, everyone knows that, especially Google

• Advertisement
Advertisement