Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance for move

• 10-04-2019 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all

So, as a follow up to a previous thread where my mum is moving house, she has what seems like a good moving company, but, turns out, they don't provide insurance. Their recommended insurers are €300 cost per €10,000 value, which seems pretty high!

The stuff would be moved out, put in storage for maybe two to three weeks, and then moved into the new place.

Would anybody have any recommendations for insurance companies for this kind of short term requirement? (I'm also Googling, but would be great if somebody had some experience!).

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

No such thing. Did she have her own house insurance? If no then why is she now concerned with insuring her contents?
    If yes they still won't do. They may have covered them if they were moving and going to new place on same day but definitely won't cover for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You could try www.nesta.ie for storage. Otherwise you could try to find a fully insured movers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

peteb2 wrote: »
    No such thing. Did she have her own house insurance? If no then why is she now concerned with insuring her contents?
    If yes they still won't do. They may have covered them if they were moving and going to new place on same day but definitely won't cover for storage.

Hey. Thanks. But, my experience is that there is such thing. Of course my mum had house insurance, but they won't insure the contents during transit. The storage will likely have their own insurance options anyway as I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

The storage will likely have their own insurance options anyway as I think of it.

Any reputable storage company will offer insurance on a cost "per €000 of value" basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Hey. Thanks. But, my experience is that there is such thing. Of course my mum had house insurance, but they won't insure the contents during transit. The storage will likely have their own insurance options anyway as I think of it.

You can't buy it in isolation. you can of course choose to insure by purchasing it as an add-on to your storage if the facility offer it

• Advertisement
Advertisement