Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No it hasn't.

She said it had been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No it hasn't.

She said it had been.

Was it George Soros? Or the ghost of Veronica? Maybe unicorns?

Apparently twitter is very pro trans [and as Gemma doesn't [/SIZE]believe in trans rights ... You do the maths
    Pa8301 wrote: »
    Repeatedly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭donaghs

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shes anti-immigration, anti-vax and anti-abortion. She'd have polled well in the election tbh.

Can't say I agree with all her positions but to say the she (or most people) are "anti-immigration" is a misnomer.
    She appears to be against "open borders".

Rather than allowing immigration, but having a agreed system of who is allowed in, and having checks in place. We have that to some extent. A fairly reasonable position?

The open borders things has gotten a lot more traction due to all the "refugee crisis" stories in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She said it had been.

So she said it was so is it ? Right okay then. That's not how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

The absurd libel laws in Ireland which require one to prove the truth of one's statements make it impossible to say anything other than the cozy consensus.

It's a disgrace Joe.

donaghs wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Shes anti-immigration, anti-vax and anti-abortion. She'd have polled well in the election tbh.

Can't say I agree with all her positions but to say the she (or most people) are "anti-immigration" is a misnomer.
    She appears to be against "open borders".

Rather than allowing immigration, but having a agreed system of who is allowed in, and having checks in place. We have that to some extent. A fairly reasonable position?

The open borders things has gotten a lot more traction due to all the "refugee crisis" stories in recent years.

Her statements on Twitter are a bit more than issues with “open borders” - they are downright xenophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. While it's outside the overton window on a national level there are some Councillors, generally SF/Left, happy to push it direct to their constituents through social media. They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think there were some votes in it.

My GF works in a maternity hospital and says a surprising amount of the midwives are anti-vaxxers.

Reads like a daily mail headline. I know midwives and they're not. An unsurprising amount are level headed sane rational people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Someone told Gemma she could make money off being this way. A kind of alternative piers Morgan. And she continues on as is.

Its not really rocket science

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I haven't gotten past the unicorns tweet. Da fuq?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭donaghs

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Her statements on Twitter are a bit more than issues with “open borders” - they are downright xenophobic

I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge on this. I just can't stomach more than a few lines of twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

progressive conservatism

Hilarious! Talk about a oxymoron!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She is a hate figure for the PC Left, don't know that much about her but anyone who kitty Holland is at war with, can't be all that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why hasn't Veronica Guerin been disinterred to see if she was pregnant with one of the Haugheys' babies?

Why aren't you campaigning for the exhumation of Veronica Guerin Dav3?

The absurd libel laws in Ireland which require one to prove the truth of one's statements make it impossible to say anything other than the cozy consensus.

Stupid crazy libel laws that stop you telling lies about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Some of her posts on twitter lately seem to be off the charts.

I think it all started when she watched a video of Joe Rogan's show on youtube. It was probably something innocent like the Leah Remini or something. Then when it was over and she looked at her suggestions, she most likely saw some Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro and Infowars stuff and took a gander. Next thing you know she starts filling her head with those "Conservative DESTROYS pink-haired lesbian with FACTS and LOGIC" videos while tweeting about vaccines. It happens more often than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Why hasn't Veronica Guerin been disinterred to see if she was pregnant with one of the Haugheys' babies?

Why aren't you campaigning for the exhumation of Veronica Guerin Dav3?

You can't even have a good old fashioned conspiracy theory rant these days with little or no evidence to back it up, without some snowflake becoming outraged. It's PC gone mad!

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    She is a hate figure for the PC Left, don't know that much about her but anyone who kitty Holland is at war with, can't be all that bad
    My enemy’s enemy is my friend ?

She's clearly slipping into mentally illness.
    Whatever the 'truth' of her 'position' on transgender related issues (and I would suggest that she is 'not even wrong' the obsession with transgender issues (unless you are personally or familially affected) is almost certainly an sign that you are 'losing it'.

An obsession with the Jews is another indicator; but transgender issues seem quite similar.

Stupid crazy libel laws that stop you telling lies about people.

They don't just stop people telling lies ; they stop us saying things that we 'reckon' or that we believe unless we can actually prove their truth (unless the person is dead).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I dont have twitter

Its a platform for vacous idiots.

I have a dream that all rational people leave twitter and just let the trolls have at each other.

I have no idea why the media report gob****es opinions from twitter as if its news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They don't just stop people telling lies ; they stop us saying things that we 'reckon' or that we believe unless we can actually prove their truth (unless the person is dead).

So you're saying it should be ok to say whatever you want about a person without being able to prove what you're saying?
    I dont have twitter

Its a platform for vacous idiots.

Easily avoidable and it's then a great platform for information etc.

Hurrache wrote: »
    So you're saying it should be ok to say whatever you want about a person without being able to prove what you're saying?

what Hurrache said.

Hurrache wrote: »

About a public figure ; basically yes.
    Belief should be a defense to libel of a public figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

That is moronic.

That is moronic.

it is much worse than that.

That is moronic.

I don't think so. Current bar is clearly too high. Papers should be able to publish credible allegations of corruption against named individuals etc. without being sued. Even if they make an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You're off the wall today, I thought you couldn't beat your post this morning about the UK threatening nuclear retaliation on the board of Airbus in the Brexit thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

She's a poster girl for the right wingers, a figure to be laughed at with her loonie views.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Normally I would agree.
    However, she's now mooching around the Ben Gilroy mob, so that kills it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

listermint wrote: »
    Someone told Gemma she could make money off being this way. A kind of alternative piers Morgan. And she continues on as is.

Its not really rocket science

How is she making money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement