Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is everyone holding up?

• 06-04-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭

Hope your all getting on alright and your kids are doing well. My daughter is finding it a bit hard and misses the routing of school ect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bored

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My 13 year old is living his best life. I'll never get him back to school! Or dressed!

It is boring, and can be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MarkR wrote: »
    My 13 year old is living his best life. I'll never get him back to school! Or dressed!

It is boring, and can be hard.

The second part of this I know all to well, only time clothes are put on is when she wants to go out to the playset inthe garden lol.

Great your lad I'd enjoying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

My son hates school, but he says it's not worth missing his cousins

I kinda like it myself tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

We are fine. The twins are happy out at home. Im worried about effects down the line with S but we are fine now. They are a good age to be home with mum and Dad (3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

This current lockdown is very boring for kids, especially for children with special needs. Actually, my sister recently moved in our house due to some financial issues and her son with special needs is giving the entire family an adamant time. He is an autistic boy. According to my sister, he was calm at his own house, but now he has become very aggressive and always throw things. I am requesting her to get an online appointment from his doctor, but she is willing to attend this webinar https://go.roccoblu.com/landing. I know such live training sessions are beneficial in many situations, but a doctor probably can guide her in a better manner.

Probably, my sister is relating son's current behaviour change with the change of house and diet. But I am not sure about the exact problem. I have personally talked with a psychologist friend, and she said mayhap after functional behaviour analysis https://behaviortherapyassociates.com/adhd/functional-behavior-assessments/, practitioners can know the reason behind his behaviour. The entire family is trying to please this boy on this Christmas. If you have any trick, then you can also share.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This current lockdown is very boring for kids, especially for children with special needs. Actually, my sister recently moved in our house due to some financial issues and her son with special needs is giving the entire family an adamant time. He is an autistic boy. According to my sister, he was calm at his own house, but now he has become very aggressive and always throw things. I am requesting her to get an online appointment from his doctor, but she is willing to attend this webinar https://go.roccoblu.com/landing. I know such live training sessions are beneficial in many situations, but a doctor probably can guide her in a better manner.

Probably, my sister is relating son's current behaviour change with the change of house and diet. But I am not sure about the exact problem. I have personally talked with a psychologist friend, and she said mayhap after functional behaviour analysis https://behaviortherapyassociates.com/adhd/functional-behavior-assessments/, practitioners can know the reason behind his behaviour. The entire family is trying to please this boy on this Christmas. If you have any trick, then you can also share.

I was going to write big long reply but I'll just say this.

Plenty of Autistic people freak out and can't deal with change. I'm on the spectrum and know only too well my answer to any change is no. Anyone that knows me will suggest a change and let me live with the idea so I can get used to it before they actually do anything.

Routine can be a massive part of an Autistic persons world don't under estimate it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement