Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I bought the cheap kitchen rolls that somebody here posted the other day. They arrived in a large box, which to be fair may have been the only size they have that's suitable. But the amount of paper padding inside the box was insane. I don't understand why there was any padding at all, never mind the ridiculous amount there was in the box. It was kitchen rolls, ffs, how are you going to break them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Zaph wrote: »
    I bought the cheap kitchen rolls that somebody here posted the other day. They arrived in a large box, which to be fair may have been the only size they have that's suitable. But the amount of paper padding inside the box was insane. I don't understand why there was any padding at all, never mind the ridiculous amount there was in the box. It was kitchen rolls, ffs, how are you going to break them?

If it was a Hard Disc Drive sensitive to shock then they wouldn't have bothered with the paper. They have standards to keep :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

And in the opposite sense, I previously ordered six of these which I received in a box with no padding and with them rolling around knocking into each other. As they were made of glass they were all cracked and leaking and had to be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If it was a Hard Dick Drive sensitive to shock ...
    tenor.gif

Basq wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Freudian Slip probably after being traumatized by the thought of
    Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Teazers - Butt Plugs, Set of 3

£12.49

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DJ6FQ...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Looks like all FireSticks and Fire Cube are shipping to Ireland. No shipping warning when you go to pay

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I've ordered a lot of tp and kitchen roll. Some of them arrived with no packaging, others with lots of packaging. I would prefer no packaging with these items as you can't really damage them. The big boxes take up so much room in the recycling bin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue what this lark is all about, its a pair of pliers that arrived with An Post on Sunday but has yet to be delivered. Don't wanna bite on this unless I know its legit.

Just got apology email. As expected, this was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

grogi wrote: »
    Just got apology email. As expected, this was a mistake.

Same, item actually arrived today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love getting a big box in the post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Telling me I'm not eligible for the €6 credit so best to check before topping up.

Same for me I think its because we haven't bought anything yet according to the T&Cs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Crosstour dual camera action camera, has good reviews already despite only being launched this month
    ...and at €130 after discount voucher is a lot cheaper than the likes of a Gopro Hero 9 at €370 odd (on the Go Pro site, even more in Harvey Norman).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosstour-Underwater-Rechargeable-Batteries-Accessories/dp/B08VFKD3CZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ct9300&qid=1616610810&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I've no problem with the size of box. The bigger the better. U use them in the veg garden to suppress weeds:)

I've no problem with the size of box. The bigger the better. U use them in the veg garden to suppress weeds:)

I put them on the top of the compost heap to stop the chickens scratching everything out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I put them on the top of the compost heap to stop the chickens scratching everything out :)

The paper goes in the compost heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Just received 2 of these €10.75 each
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C1B5J6N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and 2 of these €10.20 each
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZPKSJYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with the 30% off Amazon Warehouse and UK Vat off.
    They are brand new, still have the silica gel packs in them, hopefully we get a few breaks this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

The Mulk wrote: »
    Just received 2 of these €10.75 each
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C1B5J6N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and 2 of these €10.20 each
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZPKSJYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with the 30% off Amazon Warehouse and UK Vat off.
    They are brand new, still have the silica gel packs in them, hopefully we get a few breaks this year

What link did you use for the camp beds for 10.20 each?

Follow the link at Amazons site for Warehouse deals looks like there are a couple available which come down to £11.81 after they take the VAT off when I go to the checkout. Price varies according to the condition for warehouse deals but its normally just the outer packing thats damaged or missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Follow the link at Amazons site for Warehouse deals looks like there are a couple available which come down to £11.81 after they take the VAT off when I go to the checkout. Price varies according to the condition for warehouse deals but its normally just the outer packing thats damaged or missing.

That's exactly it, there were a few available on the warehouse deals.
    There were only 4 left when I was buying the ones I've linked. Marked as used in good condition, but were brand new, just the box was damaged

The Mulk wrote: »
    That's exactly it, there were a few available on the warehouse deals.
    There were only 4 left when I was buying the ones I've linked. Marked as used in good condition, but were brand new, just the box was damaged

With 30% off its getting addictive but at least it gives the postman a job.

• Advertisement

MugsGame wrote: »

Isn't that about €85 after the discount voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Not with the duty (I get £90 at checkout after discount - different vendor, so perhaps not taking off UK VAT correctly) , but I deleted my post as reviews suggest the sensor on the higher model number CT9900 I linked to might be older and not as good for natural colour in low light.

MugsGame wrote: »
    Not with the duty (I get £90 at checkout after discount - different vendor, so perhaps not taking off UK VAT correctly) , but I deleted my post as reviews suggest the sensor on the higher model number CT9900 I linked to might be older and not as good for natural colour in low light.

If you contact Amazon they would refund you anyway as you should only be getting charged £74.99*1.21*0.8 = £72.59 ~ €84.44.

If you contact Amazon they would refund you anyway as you should only be getting charged £74.99*1.21*0.8 = £72.59 ~ €84.44.

I'm trying to get a refund atm. Previous ones from resellers (fulfilled by Amazon) have been easy they just paid up. This time its VAT on a warehouse item that hasn't been included in the invoice (seller doesn't do VAT receipts) and I'm going all around the houses with it. The VAT "team" have got back to me after a chat with totally unrelated information so I'm on the second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Crosstour dual camera action camera, has good reviews already despite only being launched this month
    ...and at €130 after discount voucher is a lot cheaper than the likes of a Gopro Hero 9 at €370 odd (on the Go Pro site, even more in Harvey Norman).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosstour-Underwater-Rechargeable-Batteries-Accessories/dp/B08VFKD3CZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ct9300&qid=1616610810&sr=8-1

Relatives got the Akaso Brave 7 LE 4 my son's 10th birthday & have 2 say I'm really impressed with the overall package! Comes with 2 slightly bigger capacity batteries & a charger as well as a ton of accessories!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0881FLJ1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MHR6VXFS6ZZAWJCXMP3X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

For the price it's astounding quality! He wanted a GoPro but couldn't justify the cost as he's a bit of a clutz so would likely break it eventually! Added bonus of it being waterproof up to ~1m without the case which means he doesn't have to worry about using it in wet weather r dropping in water (within reason)! Gets very good reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

The vat rate went back up to 23% on March 1st. It could account for the variance.

MB05 wrote: »
    The vat rate went back up to 23% on March 1st. It could account for the variance.

The Irish VAT on Amazon is still 21% (for now). And it certainly does not account for variance of €84 to €110. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

The Irish VAT on Amazon is still 21% (for now). And it certainly does not account for variance of €84 to €110. :pac:

Sorry, I didn't realise Amazon were still applying the 21% vat rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

I’m looking at buying something for £129, I’m just wondering is the price at checkout the full price. As in they won’t look for VAT payment on delivery. It’s not fulfilled by Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I’m looking at buying something for £129, I’m just wondering is the price at checkout the full price. As in they won’t look for VAT payment on delivery. It’s not fulfilled by Amazon.

It's the full price only if it is Fulfilled by Amazon. I wouldn't buy anything shipped from UK by another company these days.

Advertisement