Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So Azaitar hasn't been released. Why does Dana even pretend any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

WTF was in the baaaaaaaaggggg!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Dana nudes?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surprise surprise

top prospect I guess so different rules

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The contract for Khabib vs. Ferguson 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

When is Colby going to fight again?

He is demanding money fights, but the dudes who are the money fights have other fights and the only guys who genuinely want to fight him aren't draws whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Rjd2 wrote: »
    When is Colby going to fight again?

He is demanding money fights, but the dudes who are the money fights have other fights and the only guys who genuinely want to fight him aren't draws whatsoever.

If the UFC pursue Masvidal/Usman 2 he'll be left without a dance partner, unless Edwards smokes Muhammed without taking much damage.

I'd be interested to see Usman/Covington 2, but I don't see what Covington has for Usman to beat him. Both can keep a tremendous pace, Usman's striking is looking even better than before, and he's a better athlete who I'd imagine would have a clinch advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Maavidal was 50-45d by Usman in the most one sided fight ive seen. Colby had an absolute war with usman and nearly beat him yet its masvidal who gets a rematch. Sickening. Id like to see colby v Gilbert burns now maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

US2 wrote: »
    Maavidal was 50-45d by Usman in the most one sided fight ive seen. Colby had an absolute war with usman and nearly beat him yet its masvidal who gets a rematch. Sickening. Id like to see colby v Gilbert burns now maybe

Neither are the worst rematch in ufc history but neither deserve one.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Masvidal getting the rematch would be a travesty. UFC just trying to cash in.

In the broadcast after the burns fight they were talking about how good Usman is and how there is no challenger for him but I actually had Colby winning that fight going into the 5th round. That's surely the fight to make.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

I don't blame Usman though, he's favorite in rematch with Coby, but Jorge the much easier fight and probably will make the same amount of money also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't mind seeing the Jorge rematch with him having a full camp, don't think it'll make to much of a difference but Usman out away any doubt in the first win.

Really want to see the Colby rematch, hopefully it happens after if this masvidal fight is real. Would rather Colby/Masvidal do a season of TUF and let Marty sit out for a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Colby in my eyes could beat Usman I thought he was winning the fight until the last round,

UFC must think Masvidal is more popular than he actually is,

Usman is clever calls out the man who is without question the easier fight, Isn't it for some kind of record win streak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The Colby Usman fight was one of the best title fights in recent times IMO. Was expecting a dull enough grappling match, but they just stood and traded the entire fight. Was very close until the KO. He definitely deserves a rematch most out of all of Usman's opponents.

That being said, I think the Masvidal fight was one of the biggest selling non McGregor PPVs, so can see why Dana would be interested in that one. They have the excuse that Masvidal didn't he a full camp, I suppose, but would a second fight really do huge numbers after how the first one played out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anyone see Gordon Ryan slap Galvao today? :PAC:

Also Whittakers fighting Costa, food fight that. Id pick Rob to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »
    Anyone see Gordon Ryan slap Galvao today? :PAC:

Also Whittakers fighting Costa, food fight that. Id pick Rob to win.

Nice rear on your one near the start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hill yoder fight off

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xtal191 wrote: »
    Nice rear on your one near the start :D

Video is gone. But I really hope your not talking about Gabi

Anyone see the video of khabib talking about the Justin fight ,
    talks about the problems in training & that but the interesting part was the conversation during the fight,
    Justin really was a deer in the headlights ,answering Khabib question in there is bizarre,

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1366559353738842113

Khamzat retiring due to covid.

It's a shame if true, as while he was somewhat unproven he was a compelling presence in his short UFC career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rjd2 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1366559353738842113

Khamzat retiring due to covid.

It's a shame if true, as while he was somewhat unproven he was a compelling presence in his short UFC career.

WOW! He must be ****ed and i know covid affects people differently with some suffering long term effects and i can't imagine how hard it must be trying to train with something like that. Hopefully it's something he can recover enough from to make a come back as he has so much potential. He's probably been trying to train through it, some complete time off might be what he needs.

Bitta steroids, be grand

Mellor wrote: »
    Bitta steroids, be grand

Strangely that may be the case
    If he retires and is taken out of the pool he could then go on a cycle to get himself back to where he was pre covid

What is the protocol with the testing pool on retirement and how long before he would be allowed to re-enter ?

If he retires and is taken out of the pool he could then go on a cycle to get himself back to where he was pre covid

What is the protocol with the testing pool on retirement and how long before he would be allowed to re-enter ?

6 months on re-entry I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He was calling out Niel magny yesterday. Bit of a drama queen it seems.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1366586181857603584?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Steroids are actually prescribed to some people suffering the initial breathing difficulties from Covid. My sister's boyfriend was given a course of them by his GP in order to keep him out of hospital. Ho took those in order that he wouldn't need supplementary oxygen and they worked for him and kept him out of hospital. He made a full recovery at home.

Khamzhat's condition appears to be more serious, judging by the fact that he's been coughing up blood. He may have suffered fibrosis to his lungs. There are some young people who require double-lung transplants after particularly severe bouts of the disease. Hopefully he doesn't fall into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He was calling out Niel magny yesterday. Bit of a drama queen it seems.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1366586181857603584?s=19

If Dana said that, it's 100% confirmed he's retiring.

Steroids are actually prescribed to some people suffering the initial breathing difficulties from Covid. My sister's boyfriend was given a course of them by his GP in order to keep him out of hospital.
    That would have been corticosteroids not “steroids”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Usman beat Masvidal with ease, it won't be much different a rematch. I'd watch Colby and Usman again though.

It's a poor enough division, least interesting in the UFC probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Poor Khamzat can't even retire a day before getting a phone call from Chechnya to let him know retiring isn't a decision he can make. Of course that phone call was likely just the nice bit of cajoling he needed. Grim

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/3/2/22309929/ramzan-kadyrov-sending-khamzat-chimaev-back-chechnya-rehabilitation-following-ufc-retirement-scare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement