Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

My sub ran out for the month and it was dead handy to renew for the year through Google Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Is there an agreed best VPN for this?
    I have keep solid but find it very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

112143 wrote: »

Surfshark is working great for me with this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Keepsolid is working superbly for me anytime I’ve tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I never knew Jim Beglin kept so busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

112143 wrote: »

I use PureVPN and have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SmartDNSProxy works fine, even though S-Sports isn't in their list of services.
    I assume they're streaming off the same platform as some of the other Turkish video services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Complete newb to this kind of stuff so apologies if they are stupid questions. I wouldn't watch football on my phone, have a Chromecast (not the latest one) but hard to know from reading this thread if it would work. Saw this post below which gives me hope but the Surfshark VPN seems to cost €50 for 2 years so don't particularly want to buy it and then realise it won't work with Chromecast.
    camz09 wrote: »
    Hiya, just to update Chromecast users. I got this to work on my ol' Chromecast, followed the OP, used the apk, signed up & paid via Google Pay. Used Surfshark VPN and got it to cast through my phone. Thanks Fann Linn!

Note:KeepSolid VPN didn't work on this method but worked fine on via HDMI method on my tablet which I was doing before figuring out it can work on Chromecast on phone with the right VPN..way easier to navigate, too. Happy days!

Anyone any advice or alternatives? Wouldn't be against buying a VPN or Firestick or whatever but don't want to shell out €50+ to realise it won't work for me.

NowTV offering SkySports for €20 a month definitely seems like the easier option as I know for certain that works but having read this thread it sounds like SSports+ could be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Complete newb to this kind of stuff so apologies if they are stupid questions. I wouldn't watch football on my phone, have a Chromecast (not the latest one) but hard to know from reading this thread if it would work. Saw this post below which gives me hope but the Surfshark VPN seems to cost €50 for 2 years so don't particularly want to buy it and then realise it won't work with Chromecast.

Anyone any advice or alternatives? Wouldn't be against buying a VPN or Firestick or whatever but don't want to shell out €50+ to realise it won't work for me.

NowTV offering SkySports for €20 a month definitely seems like the easier option as I know for certain that works but having read this thread it sounds like SSports+ could be the better option.

I'll confirm it for you. I ran this through the first gen Chromecast via Surfshark on a tablet for 2/3 weeks with no problems at all. In fact I was so impressed I went out and ordered a firestick from Curry's and since that arrived I've been playing it through that now, again without no problems. Waiting now to cancel my Netflix in 2 weeks approx and gonna get that Turkish Netflix then hopefully.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'll confirm it for you. I ran this through the first gen Chromecast via Surfshark on a tablet for 2/3 weeks with no problems at all. In fact I was so impressed I went out and ordered a firestick from Curry's and since that arrived I've been playing it through that now, again without no problems. Waiting now to cancel my Netflix in 2 weeks approx and gonna get that Turkish Netflix then hopefully.

Thanks a million. I have got a 7 day free trial for Surfshark and then went ahead and got the €2 subscription for this. Fingers crossed it will work, will try it for one of the matches later on today maybe and come back to edit the post to say how it went. Hopefully no issues streaming from phone to chromecast which is the real part I was worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thanks a million. I have got a 7 day free trial for Surfshark and then went ahead and got the €2 subscription for this. Fingers crossed it will work, will try it for one of the matches later on today maybe and come back to edit the post to say how it went. Hopefully no issues streaming from phone to chromecast which is the real part I was worried about.

Apparently you can turn off the vpn once the stream has been cast to tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

I've been using Surfshark to watch SSport+ for the past month on the Firestick. There have been a few big games and it hasn't buffered once. Brilliant bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

I dont have a firestick or Chrome. Will this work off a laptop?

Also, does anyone know how F1 will be broadcast on this, will there be english commentary? I'm only reallly interested in Formula 1

ando wrote: »
    I dont have a firestick or Chrome. Will this work off a laptop?

Also, does anyone know how F1 will be broadcast on this, will there be english commentary? I'm only reallly interested in Formula 1

Yes works fine on a laptop
    F1 in english. We will have to see in a few weeks. They upload each race to be viewed afterwards but it's in turkish.

Could be in english live like they do with wrestling. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yes works fine on a laptop
    F1 in english. We will have to see in a few weeks. They upload each race to be viewed afterwards but it's in turkish.

Could be in english live like they do with wrestling. Hopefully.

Is wrestling Eng comm only live? Might be hope yet for F1

Sitting here watching Burnley v Leicester in perfect quality, streaming from android phone to Chromecast having installed the Surfshark VPN on my phone. English commentary and I would guess only a few seconds behind. Unbelievable, hard to believe I was considering going for nowtv or sky sports earlier today. It was so simple. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

I'm using Surfshark also and haven't had any issues.
    There's cashback available for Surfshark aswell which I utilised to enhance the bargain!
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/surfshark/

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Incredible bargain. Thanks a million to the OP.

The S Sports Plus app is also by far the best and most stable sports app I've ever used. It puts any offerings by the established broadcasters in this part of the world to shame. I have Sky Go with Sky Sports and BT but it's an absolute pain to use. This is light years ahead.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is wrestling Eng comm only live? Might be hope yet for F1

English and turkish when it's live. Was last time I checked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    English and turkish when it's live. Was last time I checked anyway.

I didn't know that, I was wondering why you think F1 might have English comm live. I assumed everything live is also catch-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

watching the Palace v ManU match on it now, lord I wish I wasn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

loyatemu wrote: »
    watching the Palace v ManU match on it now, lord I wish I wasn't :pac:

I’m praying it freezes or buffers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

loyatemu wrote: »
    install the app (using apk) on your phone, with Google Pay also installed and setup.
    connect to the Turkish VPN, open the sports app and sign up, you should get Google Pay as an option then.

That sorted it out for me. Thanks Mav.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Sitting here watching Burnley v Leicester in perfect quality, streaming from android phone to Chromecast having installed the Surfshark VPN on my phone. English commentary and I would guess only a few seconds behind. Unbelievable, hard to believe I was considering going for nowtv or sky sports earlier today. It was so simple. Thanks for the recommendation!

Could disappear anytime though...Premier League won't allow this to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TimHorton wrote: »
    Could disappear anytime though...Premier League won't allow this to continue.

They are official broadcasters of the PL so it won't be disappearing. This isn't the same as iptv.

They are official broadcasters of the PL so it won't be disappearing. This isn't the same as iptv.

As Technology develops they will insist provider blocks VPN access.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't be naive. enjoy it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Eventually it will be blocked, the same way Rugbypass blocked use of VPNs last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

JPA wrote: »
    Don't be naive. enjoy it while you can.

I don't use it, have it as a backup to my regular sub because it's cheap. Been using Bein Sports on and off for years, PL might be getting better at shutting down dodgy iptv providers but limiting access to the official broadcasting partners, not so much.

• Advertisement

I don't use it, have it as a backup to my regular sub because it's cheap. Been using Bein Sports on and off for years, PL might be getting better at shutting down dodgy iptv providers but limiting access to the official broadcasting partners, not so much.

Why do you need a backup then? :confused:

Advertisement