Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonic Toothbrush. £17.

Options
  • 11-04-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭

Came across it and looks good given what the brand names charge,plus almost a full five stars.

Sonic Toothbrush, Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Clean Teeth Like a Dentist Rechargeable 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes for Juniors and Adults,3 Replacement Heads Black(FW-507) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JK1RCbCD0DCX6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Reviews may be fake but I have a Sonic brush from them and it works great. I also had a Panasonic Diamond brush, around 150 quid and I prefer this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Reviews may be fake but I have a Sonic brush from them and it works great. I also had a Panasonic Diamond brush, around 150 quid and I prefer this one.

I'm actually half tempted myself... This is a Sonic one right? Have had a few sonicares...

I'm actually half tempted myself... This is a Sonic one right? Have had a few sonicares...
    Ah it's gone. Still have white and pink I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The German site has four and a half stars out of seven hundred plus reviews.

Fairywill Elektrische Zahnbürste Putzen Sie Ihre Zähne wie beim Zahnarzt Schallzahnbürste Eine Aufladung von 4 Stunden hält Min 30 Tage 5 Reinigungs-Modi 2 Minuten Timer 3 Aufsteckbürsten FW507 https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Sb5RCbP9RWAX0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

kneemos wrote: »
    Came across it and looks good given what the brand names charge,plus almost a full five stars.

Sonic Toothbrush, Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Clean Teeth Like a Dentist Rechargeable 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes for Juniors and Adults,3 Replacement Heads Black(FW-507) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JK1RCbCD0DCX6

I'm not buying that one so. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Bought it, arrived today. Just brushed my teeth and they've never felt so clean before. I've had two oral b electric toothbrushes but wow this one is amazing. Thanks OP

Caranica wrote: »
    Bought it, arrived today. Just brushed my teeth and they've never felt so clean before. I've had two oral b electric toothbrushes but wow this one is amazing. Thanks OP

Same, gave it a whirl too after saying the reviews were fake. Have had oral b and a few sonicares the last while. It's great. Bargain . Cheers Op

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Have it too...think its really great. Should i be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Have it too...think its really great. Should i be worried?

Is it noisy compared to an Oral B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just bought my first electric toothbrush a month ago,a relatively basic Oral B that cost €30.

Its decent, is this brush much of an upgrade on that?

garion wrote: »

Higher pitch than my oral b sonicare but not as noisy imo

garion wrote: »

Not noisy at all. More of a buzz than noisy like oral b

All gone on Amazon apparently. Around the thirty five euro mark on eBay.
    Still a huge bargain if they're actually any good.

kneemos wrote: »
    All gone on Amazon apparently. Around the thirty five euro mark on eBay.
    Still a huge bargain if they're actually any good.

Electric Toothbrush,Fairywill Sonic Toothbrush 3 Optional Modes and 3 Replacement Heads for Adults, 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use with 508 Black Version
    £16.99 after u click apply 1.00 voucher https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F29X6QR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GHSUCbJWWN99R

Electric Toothbrush,Fairywill Sonic Toothbrush 3 Optional Modes and 3 Replacement Heads for Adults, 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use with 508 Black Version
    £16.99 after u click apply 1.00 voucher https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F29X6QR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GHSUCbJWWN99R

D'UH!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do the Philips toothbrush heads fit this

Lenny wrote: »
    Do the Philips toothbrush heads fit this

No, looks like they can only be bought on Amazon.

OP is the 507, this is the 508. Fairly similar, I think the one in the OP just has more cleaning modes.

Basil3 wrote: »
    OP is the 507, this is the 508. Fairly similar, I think the one in the OP just has more cleaning modes.

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about the different cleaning modes. I just have it on the main one, massage etc are a but of BS if u ask me.

• Advertisement

Do the replaceable brushes have a generic connection, or do you have to source the specific brand?

Do the replaceable brushes have a generic connection, or do you have to source the specific brand?
    No, like the other brands they are brand specific. Not expensive though in copmparison - 4 for £8.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F7TRVN9/ref=twister_B07PGJQG4P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You'll pick up those Fairywill brushes on Aliexpress for dirt cheap and they fit a number of generic brands

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Instead of me googling and getting ''Non biased reviews'' why should i buy one of theses? Is it any better then my oral b electric toothbrush i currently have?? Or just another gimmick that does the same thing?

Instead of me googling and getting ''Non biased reviews'' why should i buy one of theses? Is it any better then my oral b electric toothbrush i currently have?? Or just another gimmick that does the same thing?

Because the clean feel is far far superior to either of the oral b brushes I've had and the battery lasts much longer. It's also much lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Caranica wrote: »
    Because the clean feel is far far superior to either of the oral b brushes I've had and the battery lasts much longer. It's also much lighter

So it actually does clean your teeth better then? Is it just these models or are there others?

The FW-507 in the OP is showing back in stock. Mine had a promotional discount of £3, taking the price from £23 to £20.

Sonic Toothbrush, Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Clean Teeth Like a Dentist Rechargeable 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes for Juniors and Adults,3 Replacement Heads Black(FW-507) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VhxVCbAMCDRN6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I went for the FW-508BK model and it arrived today.
    Much less harsh on the gums than my Oral B rotary, and also the toothpaste / spit doesn't roll down the sonic brush and onto my hand like it does with the oral b.

The sensitive is mode very handy for those with sensitive gums also.

Looking forward to getting a month out of the battery too, and the inductive charging in the oral b was a nightmare as it would take the best part of a day and only last me 2 weeks max.

The Chinese brands use far superior lithium ion batteries these compared to the big companies,
    A while back I bought a hair clipper with removable lithium ion battery and usb charging and I have yet to charge the thing!

Doge wrote: »
    I went for the FW-508BK model and it arrived today.
    Much less harsh on the gums than my Oral B rotary, and also the toothpaste / spit doesn't roll down the sonic brush and onto my hand like it does with the oral b.

The sensitive is mode very handy for those with sensitive gums also.

Looking forward to getting a month out of the battery too, and the inductive charging in the oral b was a nightmare as it would take the best part of a day and only last me 2 weeks max.

The Chinese brands use far superior lithium ion batteries these compared to the big companies,
    A while back I bought a hair clipper with removable lithium ion battery and usb charging and I have yet to charge the thing!

Can only use the Oral B lying down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What was the 'normal' price for this product? And is it as good as the reviews say, would buyers recommend it over regular electric brushes?

Advertisement