Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Kevin! wrote: »
    What sort of price am I looking at for a single bed with base and headboard? Suitable for a spare room,

Thanks

Hi Kevin!,

It all depends on the type of quality that you are looking for. Our biggest selling bed is our Vogue bed, €299 for base and mattress, and we discount headboards to €50 when getting the whole set. We have cheaper and more expensive sets but our Vogue bed is a really decent bed.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Any big Bank Holiday sales on this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hi BigMickey,

Is the headboard on the Vogue bed adjustable or come in a range of heights? I really like the look of the Vogue bed, but I would be hoping to position it underneath a window, so would need the headboard to be be fairly low.

Any big Bank Holiday sales on this weekend?

Hi TakeTheVeil

NO but we have something in the pipeline in a couple of weeks time. Just got a couple of full artic loads of John Lewis furniture and also a couple of load of couches and suites from another big UK retailer. Need to sort it all out and then we will be good to go. you can pm us what you are looking for. If it's beds then we always have them all year round at untouchable prices.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Charlie wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey,

Is the headboard on the Vogue bed adjustable or come in a range of heights? I really like the look of the Vogue bed, but I would be hoping to position it underneath a window, so would need the headboard to be be fairly low.

Hi Charlie

You can have whatever size you want. It comes wall mounted or you can fix to the bed.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hi Mickey,

wondering what options/prices you might have for a divan king sized double bed and mattress that also unzips to transform into two singles?

Also is Longford the only spot to view your products or does your sister company dublinbeds have a showroom somewhere?

Finally will ye be at the Home interior design event in the RDS on May 24-26?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

wondering what options/prices you might have for a divan king sized double bed and mattress that also unzips to transform into two singles?

Also is Longford the only spot to view your products or does your sister company dublinbeds have a showroom somewhere?

Finally will ye be at the Home interior design event in the RDS on May 24-26?

Hi Muahahaha

We stock a wide range of Zip link beds in Longford. Currently we have in stock

Vogue in both 5th and 6ft zip link

Emerald 1000 in 6ft Zip Link

Diamond 2000 in 6ft Zip Link

Royal 3000 in 6ft Zip Link

2 in 1 in 6ft Zip Link

others also and in Crib 5 material for the Hospitality Industry

The best place to see them all is our Longford store. Dublin Beds don't have a shop but have a mobile display vehicle but this vehicle is in the garage having repairs carried out at the moment. We are just after doing the Ideal Homes Show and also the Hospitality/Fit Out Show in the RDS so we won't be taking part in the Interior Design Show.

pm me what exactly you need in size and roughly what budget that you have and if you can't make it to Longford then we can send those products to you to view.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hi Mickey,

just wondering what options/prices you have in a double bed divan and mattress that also unzips to divide into two singles

Also is Longford the only place to view your stock or does your sister company have a showroom in Dublin?

Finally will ye be at the Home interior design event in the RDS May 24-26?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

just wondering what options/prices you have in a double bed divan and mattress that also unzips to divide into two singles

Also is Longford the only place to view your stock or does your sister company have a showroom in Dublin?

Finally will ye be at the Home interior design event in the RDS May 24-26?

Hi

We answered this already for you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hi Charlie

You can have whatever size you want. It comes wall mounted or you can fix to the bed.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Brilliant. I’ll be on to yours at some stage this week to order a couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

Kiith wrote: »
    bigmickey.ie,

We tried a few mattresses in Michael Murphy's at the weekend, to find the type that we liked, and seemed to settle on pocket sprung firm beds. The ones we liked were King Koil Spinal Tranquility, and Irish Legacy Advance Life Delux. Max budget of around €700 though, which could potentially be pushed up a bit if there was a significant improvement. Any recommendations for a super king firm/very firm mattress that would be available soon enough?

Had a look on Harvey Norman, and this seems similar to the Irish Legacy Advance Life Pocket 1600 - https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/vitality-natural-super-king-mattress-6ft.html

I can offer one of the options as an alternative. This resource https://www.talkaboutsleep.com/best-mattress-for-neck-pain/ helped me in due time, there is a detailed description of what helped with the selection. As a result, I could sleep for a long time, I have problems with my neck and vertebra, so regular mattresses did not solve the problem, but it only made me worse.
    I hope that helped you!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭finno

Hi GalwayGallimh

The John Lewis mattresses are €499 with us and we have 2 drawer double bases of a very high quality in a biscuit colour for €250 so €750 for all delivered.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi

Do you still have this deal for 750 euro?
    Could you send a link for the base please
    thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »
    Hi

Do you still have this deal for 750 euro?
    Could you send a link for the base please
    thanks

Hi finno

I will e mail or WhatsApp to you in the morning. What size bed is it you are after ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭finno

Hi finno

I will e mail or WhatsApp to you in the morning. What size bed is it you are after ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi

Just send you a pm there.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Hi,
    How much for the Vogue Mattress and Limelight Picasso Bed Frame in Double?
    Thanks.

zep wrote: »
    Hi,
    How much for the Vogue Mattress and Limelight Picasso Bed Frame in Double?
    Thanks.

Hi

Vogue Ortho double mattress is 299 euro. Picasso frame is 349 euro. Do all for 600 euro.

Delivery is free.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi Mick,

I'm looking for something in superking size. Do you stock any with storage in the base or are they all solid?
    Not a major issue, would prefer to have a more solid base if that makes any difference!

Also looking for a mid to firm mattress if you can let me know what you'd have that would suit me with some prices it would be great!

BamesJond wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

I'm looking for something in superking size. Do you stock any with storage in the base or are they all solid?
    Not a major issue, would prefer to have a more solid base if that makes any difference!

Also looking for a mid to firm mattress if you can let me know what you'd have that would suit me with some prices it would be great!

Hi

We have hundreds of superking beds in stock. Storage and non storage. Also have hundreds of superking mattresses. Best is to send a contact number or give us a call on 043-3341895 : 3345488 or 086 8356888

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭red bellied

Hi

I am after a decent king sized bed with a mattress plus maybe drawers underneath but not essential with delivery to Sligo? Do ye take away the old mattress?

Thanks

Hi

I am after a decent king sized bed with a mattress plus maybe drawers underneath but not essential with delivery to Sligo? Do ye take away the old mattress?

Thanks

Hi red bellied

Yes we can take away the old mattress. Delivery is free to Sligo. We have so many different models to choose from. Perhaps give us a call or pm your number to discuss.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭red bellied

Hi red bellied

Yes we can take away the old mattress. Delivery is free to Sligo. We have so many different models to choose from. Perhaps give us a call or pm your number to discuss.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Sending pm

Sending pm

Answered. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Not a request but just a note of thanks to Fiona and mick for first of all going above and beyond in getting my bed to me in short notice and second of all for really following it up when there was a problem with the courier.

If anyone is looking at this thread and unsure, don’t be. Fantastic service and a lovely bed too.

Another happy customer.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Not a request but just a note of thanks to Fiona and mick for first of all going above and beyond in getting my bed to me in short notice and second of all for really following it up when there was a problem with the courier.

If anyone is looking at this thread and unsure, don’t be. Fantastic service and a lovely bed too.

Another happy customer.

Thanks Vertigo100

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase and all worked out with delivery in the end. Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hi,need a replacement superking mattress,have a Sealy posturpedic I think its called the past 10yrs which has served well,anything similar?.would also need a new headboard,fabric type if possible. Also a new single mattress to fit a single bed for a teenager that hopefully lasts. Any advice on mattress welcome thks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

have selected two Respa Platinum 2000 mattresses. What have you got of similar standard please ?

1997 wrote: »
    Hi,need a replacement superking mattress,have a Sealy posturpedic I think its called the past 10yrs which has served well,anything similar?.would also need a new headboard,fabric type if possible. Also a new single mattress to fit a single bed for a teenager that hopefully lasts. Any advice on mattress welcome thks

Hi 1997

We have Sealy Posturpedic Superking mattresses from 399 euro. Nice Silentnight fabric heeadboards in superking from 99 euro. Single mattresses start from 65 euro but they are just budget. You probably need something better quality.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Sasso wrote: »
    have selected two Respa Platinum 2000 mattresses. What have you got of similar standard please ?

Hi Sasso

We don't stock Respa but we do have a Platinum 2000 pocket but not by Respa.

You will find quite a few manufacturers have a Platinum mattresses in some shape or form. We don't promote pillow top mattresses as you can't turn them and can be problematic by times as many eventually dip and form a ridge or body impression in them. Manufacturers tend to say that this is normal but anyone that experienced this was never happy about it as they lose their comfort ability over time.. We can order in pillow top models but don't keep as regular stock.

Our Platinum 2000 comes in both tufted and quilted form. You can have as a turn free or as a turn mattress where it has fillings on both sides. 2000 full size pocket springs. They have a 5 Year Warranty and we deal with the warranty ourselves so you don't have to wait weeks or months in some cases for a manufacturer rep to come out to you. Price is normally 749 euro but will do you a discount if getting two of them.

If you want pillow tops I could probably pick you up a couple of similar to Respa but in Silentnight pocket models for about 350 each but they would only have a one year guarantee on them.

Give us a call on 043 3345488/ 3341895 or mobile 086 8356888. We are closed tomorrow as it's a Bank holiday but mobile will be on.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamoley

@bigmickey.ie
    Hi Bigmickey team,

Wife and I had twins about 7 months ago so the double bed is getting a little small if they need to come in with us! :eek:

Looking for a 5ft King with base and headboard (grey) - saw Irish Beds Ruby Memory Foam Set on website - is this a popular mattress? Budget is about 500 and open to suggestions.

Based in Cork so can't try it out in the shop.

Thanks

• Advertisement

jamoley wrote: »
    @bigmickey.ie
    Hi Bigmickey team,

Wife and I had twins about 7 months ago so the double bed is getting a little small if they need to come in with us! :eek:

Looking for a 5ft King with base and headboard (grey) - saw Irish Beds Ruby Memory Foam Set on website - is this a popular mattress? Budget is about 500 and open to suggestions.

Based in Cork so can't try it out in the shop.

Thanks

Hi jameloy

Yes, it's very popular. It's a winter/summer mattress so one side has memory foam. We sell lots of them and always in stock. Free delivery to Cork. Going to Cork City tomorrow but van is fairly full but I can check if it's possible. pm me you address and contact number.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Advertisement