Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Malahide Castle open again for walking?

• 14-05-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭

I have been told parts of the castle have been re-opened for walkers, can anyone confirm if this is true before I drive over, please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I was there last weekend, so yes.
    But the car parks are not open so you'll need to find somewhere to park.
    A relation who lives near there said the Gardaí are very active with ticketing cars parked on the paths so be careful.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I wonder if car parks would open up again from 18th May?

From Phase 1 roadmap:
    Outdoor spaces and tourism sites (for example: car parks, beaches, mountain walks) will be opened where people can move around freely and where social distancing can be maintained.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Car park is open between 13-30 and 15-30 for over 70's and vulnerable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I wonder if car parks would open up again from 18th May?

From Phase 1 roadmap:
    Outdoor spaces and tourism sites (for example: car parks, beaches, mountain walks) will be opened where people can move around freely and where social distancing can be maintained.
    I saw Ardgillan and Red Island car park opening on Monday, according to a Skerries politician, so I presume all Fingal car parks opening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement