07-02-2018, 19:40   #781
keltoms05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim salter View Post
Has anyone had an issue with their SD card?

Getting "your tf card may not work properly please replace" error every few minutes but then it works again. It's quite annoying. (I have ordered a U3 card)

Also getting frequent disconnections from the phone (that's probably because it's a crappy Moto E), have a new phone on order.
I have to take out and put back in my SD card several times for it to read it. Very annoying
Advertisement
08-02-2018, 22:14   #782

This might be odd question, the Drone just arrived for my brother. He is dong a lot of checking into before he flies.

He mentioned a video and see a guy putting on "protectors" onto the wings of his Drone, similar model to the this one. He is wondering do they come with it? or is it extra
?
09-02-2018, 06:54   #783
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan
He mentioned a video and see a guy putting on "protectors" onto the wings of his Drone, similar model to the this one. He is wondering do they come with it? or is it extra ?

It's a strange one, Xiaomi ship the drone with either a WiFi dongle or blade protectors. You can buy both separately too.

Blade protectors do get in the way of shots though, so I really don't recommend them.

The thing to remember is, do not use where there's a chance of crashing. Take it to a field, beach or park where there's nobody around and you won't have a problem.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2018, 07:11   #784
Morris Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintdrummer View Post
I've had an unusual update to my tracking...

Just wondering did you get the drone, getting fairly annoyed at this stage, got the same message and no sign.
09-02-2018, 09:01   #785
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Moss
Just wondering did you get the drone, getting fairly annoyed at this stage, got the same message and no sign.

Definitely escalate with PayPal if you're not getting anywhere with gearbest.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2018, 10:20   #786
coneill13

Mine arrived today. I ordered it on 31st December. Did not show up at all on order tracking on gearbest site and only showed up yesterday on AnPost Tracker as in Porlaoise Mail Centre (I live in Dublin). No custom duty or VAT to pay. Happy days.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2018, 10:44   #787
Morris Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Definitely escalate with PayPal if you're not getting anywhere with gearbest.
Yeah gearbest said the deadline is the 13 of Feb so if it hasn't arrived by then I'll have to.
Thanks from:
09-02-2018, 10:47   #788
Morris Moss

Actually if I put the tracker code into an post, would it show up if it was in the country?
09-02-2018, 11:16   #789
coneill13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Moss View Post
Actually if I put the tracker code into an post, would it show up if it was in the country?
Worked for me
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2018, 13:30   #790
Morris Moss

Quote:
And it's arrived.
(3) thanks from:
09-02-2018, 13:55   #791

Just wondering, and hopefully last question. My brother has iphone and trying to connect. Says he need micro usb, which I know is android only.

Anyone have it working with iphone?
09-02-2018, 14:14   #792
McMurphy
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan View Post
Just wondering, and hopefully last question. My brother has iphone and trying to connect. Says he need micro usb, which I know is android only.

Solution.

Ecomac Micro USB to 8 Pin Lightning Adapter Converter for iPhone 5 6 6s plus iPad iPod, Compatible with Apple iOS all versions https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4KGI..._BYAFAb9YFWE3M
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2018, 14:46   #793
tedpan

Quote:

Quote:

You should be able to use the standard iPhone cable in the usb port on the controller, so need for adapters.

I have heard that the drone app works far better on android though.
Thanks from:
09-02-2018, 15:20   #794
lintdrummer

Quote:
It arrived this morning out of the blue! Just about to take it out for a test flight.
The tracking only updated on the an post website this morning as it was out for delivery.

Question:I'm having difficulty getting my phone to connect to the controller with the cable. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I can't select USB tethering when the app prompts me to. Anyone resolved this?

Going to use the wifi dongle for now but would rather get the USB cable working.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2018, 16:34   #795
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintdrummer
Question:I'm having difficulty getting my phone to connect to the controller with the cable. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I can't select USB tethering when the app prompts me to. Anyone resolved this?

Yep, before opening the app. Go into settings when the phone and controller are connected and enable usb tethering. Then go into the app and ignore the next tethering message. That's what I have to do..
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion