04-03-2021, 21:24   #2221
FastFullBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea B. View Post
Has anyone else ordered this from BG Spain recently?
Said mine shipped on 26th but the track number does not give anything on known carriers.
Asked BG but just generic reply.
Exact same here. Ordered 25th, shipped 26th and no update since
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-03-2021, 23:12   #2222
Suckit

That's not even a week, not long at all... Especially not in the current climate and some couriers still going through the UK.
I would give it at least 10 working days before checking it.
(2) thanks from:
10-03-2021, 01:45   #2223
FastFullBack

Quote:
Has anyone else ordered this from BG Spain recently?
Said mine shipped on 26th but the track number does not give anything on known carriers.
Asked BG but just generic reply.
Still no movement on my drone. Feb 26th it said "Package has been sterilized and shipped out" and no update since. 7 business days now and it was EU Priority Mail thats supposed to be 4-6 business days.
Should I be worried?
10-03-2021, 07:37   #2224
Andrea B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFullBack View Post
Still no movement on my drone. Feb 26th it said "Package has been sterilized and shipped out" and no update since. 7 business days now and it was EU Priority Mail thats supposed to be 4-6 business days.
Should I be worried?
Tracking on mine meant nothing, but it arrived yesterday. Hopefully today for you.
Thanks from:
10-03-2021, 08:27   #2225
FastFullBack

Quote:
Tracking on mine meant nothing, but it arrived yesterday. Hopefully today for you.
Ah great. Hopefully so
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2021, 16:26   #2226
NUTZZ

So Fimi are releasing an X8 Mini it appears!

It's scheduled to be released on April 6th. Very few details so far;

- weighs less than 250 grams
- maximum flight time of 31 minutes (same as the DJI Mini 2)
- fast battery charging (with classic USB type C input)

Quote:
In addition, the drone has a camera on the Gimbal that is mechanically stabilized on 3 axes and offers 4K and HDR video resolution. Other items are the smart flight features, such as the possibility of the aircraft to perform orbits and panoramas on its own.

There is also the ability for the drone to perform a live stream using the video captured by its camera. The maximum range for transmissions will be 8 km — something that still needs confirmation in Europe. Another novelty is that the FIMI X8 Mini can also be piloted without a remote control, using only one smartphone.

FIMI itself stated that the features of the new drone are very similar to those of the DJI Mini 2. As reported by the Italian website Quadricottero, the Mini X8 will still have additional features compared to the DJI Mini 2, in addition to the live broadcast.
Quote:
There is still no information about the price of the FIMI X8 Mini, but the Quadricottero site placed a bet and estimated an amount between €250 and €350 (R$ 1,635.81 and R$ 2,290.13 in direct conversion).

The official announcement is scheduled for April 6, Tuesday, and should also be the start of pre-order. It is also possible that initially there is sales exclusivity for Banggood, as happened with the FIMI A3 and FIMI X8.
25-03-2021, 15:20   #2227
dowtchaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTZZ View Post
So Fimi are releasing an X8 Mini it appears!

It's scheduled to be released on April 6th. Very few details so far;

- weighs less than 250 grams
- maximum flight time of 31 minutes (same as the DJI Mini 2)
- fast battery charging (with classic USB type C input)
These specifications are phenomenal at that price! 5/6 years ago I worked for a professional outfit who used oktocopters to lift a "proper" Nikon SLR to do their survey work for powerstation chimneys, ESB powerlines etc.

10 mins flying time, no third-person view (or VR!), constant fine tuning, repair, prop balancing...

Had we been offered this device for €5,000 back then we'd have bitten their hand off.

The day I get offered the vaccine, I think I'll treat myself.....
(3) thanks from:
26-03-2021, 06:12   #2228
Andrea B.

For anyone thinking of IAA registration, it is going from present €5 to €20 on 1st April.
Thanks from:
26-03-2021, 12:06   #2229
MorganIRL

Quote:
For anyone thinking of IAA registration, it is going from present €5 to €20 on 1st April.
Why do we have to do this.. I'm not near and won't be near an airport, I bring it out recreationally on occasion over my own land.. haven't been near anyones else's house and won't be.. so why should I give another reason for the govt to weasel a few quid from me.??? Don't come back with "it's the law" thks..:-)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-03-2021, 14:14   #2230
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganIRL View Post
Why do we have to do this.. I'm not near and won't be near an airport, I bring it out recreationally on occasion over my own land.. haven't been near anyones else's house and won't be.. so why should I give another reason for the govt to weasel a few quid from me.??? Don't come back with "it's the law" thks..:-)
I agree with you 100%! www.moreWaysToSqueezeMoneyOutOfUs.ie!!
26-03-2021, 15:19   #2231
MorganIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
I agree with you 100%! www.moreWaysToSqueezeMoneyOutOfUs.ie!!
Who's to say they won't bring an annual sub in in the future and as a drone user and registered you will be liable..
26-03-2021, 15:21   #2232
Andrea B.

Quote:
Agreed but i done it. Don't want to face a fine or the b*** ***t for the sake of a fiver. Now tv licence....that's another argument.
26-03-2021, 15:22   #2233
MorganIRL

Plus I love the drone, I don't use it to its full capabilities but I'll use more when weather and long evenings come and I use the functions in the relative safety of an open field..
26-03-2021, 15:24   #2234
Andrea B.

Quote:
Agreed but i done it. Don't want to face a fine or the b*** ***t for the sake of a fiver. Now tv licence....that's another argument.
And don't get me started on dog licence....
Thanks from:
26-03-2021, 18:28   #2235
irishgeo

Quote:
Heathrow incident that's the reason.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion