Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Irish_rat wrote:
    Anyone else having problems viewing my account on gomo? Want to access my puk. This is bloody annoying

No problem here. Just logged in to my account without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

No issues here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems viewing my account on gomo? Want to access my puk. This is bloody annoying

All working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

delboy76 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Is anybody having issues with dropped calls. It is happening all the time and I have swapped phones to no avail. GoMo support asked to switch off 4g which I did but still no joy. Where do I access the webchat as all I can do is fill out the support form each time I wish to communicate with them?

D

Had a lot of issues with dropped calls. Have 2 accounts at different but nearby locations & happening to both. In Carrick on Shannon area.

Moved 1 to Clearmobile & so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Irish_rat wrote: »

I'm having problems viewing you're account also :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm having problems viewing you're account also :)

You can view it all you want :)

It turned out to be the browser. Gomo replied fast too. Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

Can I ask if we can receive verification SMS messages from organisations such as banks and utilities to our GoMo number. e.g. AIB, BOI, permanent tsb and Ulster Bank.

After the GoMo launch customers reported that they could not receive such SMS messages and I need to know if this is resolved becore I switch my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

PTSB and BOI work for me. So to does Microsoft verification. Can't verify the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I get verification codes from ulster bank no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can I ask if we can receive verification SMS messages from organisations such as banks and utilities to our GoMo number. e.g. AIB, BOI, permanent tsb and Ulster Bank.

After the GoMo launch customers reported that they could not receive such SMS messages and I need to know if this is resolved becore I switch my number.

AFAIK, it's still an issue, albeit a small number of customers are affected.

Thread here...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058029113&page=9

The gist of it seems to be if it works when you join...happy days....if it doesn't, forget about Gomo and / or Comreg doing anything to resolve it. The only "fix" is to move network or use a dedicated PAYG SIM for 2FA from another provider.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PayPal, Instagram MBNA, Google, Mygovid, Coinbase, Cryto.com and Wirex all work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭myfreespirit

Gomo SMS texts work fine for me from EBS and Ulster Bank

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

No problem with KBC texts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

pg17 wrote: »

Hit and miss but it could be down to reception. I usually try the phone verification if the sms doesn't work. Try and switch some to Google authenticator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Just wanted to let people know that after getting hammered with GOMO data speeds which were awful (best download speed in a month was 6KBPS), I got a 48 sim card, and I'm getting speeds of between 18 and 28 KBPS, which is slow I know, for people who have fibre, but it's a HUGE improvement on what I had with GOMO. 48 works off the 3 network, so I'm going to give it a month to compare fully. Only downside is 48 is capped at 100GB per month, which we use, as we have so many devices and people. Still, I'll try it and see what works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Can I send free texts to a NI number?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Can I send free texts to a NI number?

Not from your included texts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Got a voicemail and when I go to check it, it tells me mailbox is blocked and to contact my provider. Anyone have this? I've sent an email to them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

fritzelly wrote: »
    Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111523329&postcount=690

I'd like to thank this post (and the one linked) again. My phone automatically updated to Android 10 without permission, put everything out of kilter and suddenly I wasn't able to connect to the internet any more. This ^^^ is what fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Anyone else having issues logging into GoMo account to view bills?

Jim

• Advertisement

westyIrl wrote: »

Jim

Yep

Screenshot-2021-03-04-at-17-35-09.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

westyIrl wrote:

No. Just checked my account without problem.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    No. Just checked my account without problem.

It’s fine again now, it was definitely giving issues when the post was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 enonboy

Hi there-anyone know if gomo will give us 5G even if it’s extra?

I get 5G in many areas of Waterford city with GoMo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I get 5G in many areas of Waterford city with GoMo
    What is the speedtest showing. I have 4 gomo accounts and all are 4g. Maybe handsets need an upgrade.

What is the speedtest showing. I have 4 gomo accounts and all are 4g. Maybe handsets need an upgrade.

Anything from about 120-200mb, I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, yeah not all phones are 5G compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 enonboy

Does it show 5G on the top of the phone or 4g?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

A screen-grab of a speed check would be ideal.

• Advertisement

.BrianJM wrote: »
    A screen-grab of a speed check would be ideal.

This is one from back in November, I’ll get one tomorrow when I’m out and about again

FB877474-4-AE8-4-AD4-82-BF-7-B062384-EA8-D.png

Advertisement