Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Quick Maths says I'm down about 27% in 2 weeks, but still up 5% for the year. That buffer is quickly disappearing tho!

On the plus, at least you won't have as much Capital Gains Tax to worry about haha

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Okay, sold GSK and bought positions in airlines- AAL and AIG. If I sell everything now, will be walking away with 10% gains since Jan- which is shrinking fast though. Around 25% folio is cash atm. If it keeps falling next week, I will buy some bargains to reduce losses. Time to switch off for Zen weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Sold PSTH earlier this week at 29.6. Now hoping for it to hit 22 for my limit buy. Crazy week. Bit worried I should be paying 20, SPAC's have fallen to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

All my gains wiped out and i'm in red now for the year, oh I wish I had followed my own advise of correction coming soon and had cashed NIO and UPWK in their 60's :(

I was nearly 30% cash in mid-feb and the fomo got better off me and expensed everything by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

cronos wrote: »
    Sold PSTH earlier this week at 29.6. Now hoping for it to hit 22 for my limit buy. Crazy week. Bit worried I should be paying 20, SPAC's have fallen to bits.

Maybe what happened with CCIV has spooked people when it comes to SPACS - they are relatively unregulated but saying that I am still heavily in GHVI. Will hold and go in again if it falls sub $11

• Advertisement

Maybe what happened with CCIV has spooked people when it comes to SPACS - they are relatively unregulated but saying that I am still heavily in GHVI. Will hold and go in again if it falls sub $11

Hmm think it's bigger than that. It's just the last port when overall stocks are so high and sadly it seems to be the first to birst.

Makes me wish even more that I sold the top of CCIV as there are some what could be potential bargains out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Gonna be lots of 10% movement emails tomorrow morning when I wake up :(

It's carnage again today! Clearly don't like the news that came out of the US last night... Definitely feels like a crash! Just wish I had liquidated more in time... I am almost in the red full stop across my portfolio at the mo... in it for the long haul though - might see if there are any bargains to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

I recall a few here picked up ANVS when it was around the 16 mark. Would it be a good price to jump in if it gets near there again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

Valhallapt wrote: »
    We're entering a full blown crash territory

The Nasdaq has only fallen 12% since February 12th. That is still correction territory imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fcuking Degiro, tried to lower my average on KBNT, despite it selling around $5 right now it wont let me offer that, says too low,FFS. Spread is very wide between bit and offer so dont want market order, very annoying.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

And now i find the market option doesnt work either ..agghghgghghghgh

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Didn't need that new Tesla anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Yep it’s a least a correction alright, indicative of how the past few months have gone. I’m being killed on degiro today, just don’t want to look anymore.

But.....bidens stimulus package being debated today, US job figures better than expected, vaccination rollout ongoing

Hold the line......

So when limit or market orders dont work in a dropping market..offer the amount it says is the minimum price as a limit order and the order goes though at the market rate...grumbles, stupid Degiro

Supercell wrote: »
    So when limit or market orders dont work in a dropping market..offer the amount it says is the minimum price as a limit order and the order goes though at the market rate...grumbles, stupid Degiro

15 minute price delay? Market is tumbling so fast prices are changing too quickly for degiro to keep up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Degiro MotherF%^&$rs
    Had a buy order for Netflix at $501, never got touched even though the share price fell as low as $498

PSTH is recovering really strong. Don't see that 22 happening. Shame was hoping for a quick dip buy but glad for everyone in it. Curious what caused it to turn. Market seems to be rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

cronos wrote: »
    PSTH is recovering really strong. Don't see that 22 happening. Shame was hoping for a quick dip buy but glad for everyone in it. Curious what caused it to turn. Market seems to be rising.

Stock market news live updates: Stocks mixed as rate concerns rise after strong jobs report

We're still in a rising interest rate environment though. It is a small bounce in the midst of a correction.

From the linked article:
    “I think what has spooked investors is two things: One is the speed with which we got from essentially just below 1% to 1.5% [in the 10-year Treasury yield] in the first two months of the year. Forecasts were certainly for getting to this level, and up to as high as 2%, by the end of the year, but it happened rather quickly,” Tony Rodriguez, Nuveen head of fixed income strategy, told Yahoo Finance.

“And then I think also, it’s the positive information that we’ve gotten in terms of fiscal policy, in terms of actual economic data and in terms of the successful, or really sped-up rollout of the vaccine leading to much much more positive projections for growth," he added. "And that’s spooked investors, in terms of whether the Fed is going to have to respond by potentially tightening soon.

Quantitative tightening triggered the sell-off in December 2019 I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Cielo Waste at $0.79 ...
    At what price I wonder is it a buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thinking when to double dip on Redfin, Fiverr and maybe AMD...

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Portfolio today:

4pm: Down 4 figures

6:20pm: Positive for the day!!!

Bought More Berkshire.
    Sold rest of GAN
    Halved Shell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

jams100 wrote: »
    Portfolio today:

Bought More Berkshire.
    Sold rest of GAN
    Halved Shell

I think it's the first time in about 9 months that I've flipped from being very red to being very green within the session. It's always the other way around.

The strengthening dollar (or rather weakening euro) is a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This is interesting:
    The Australian stock market has provided the highest returns to investors over the last 120 years, topping equities on indexes in the U.S. and Europe, according to research by Credit Suisse.

The ASX (Australian Securities Exchange) offered real annual returns — when translated into U.S. dollars — higher than 6.5% since the year 1900. The U.S. stock market came second in the same period, followed by South Africa’s.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/australia-the-best-stock-market-since-1900-credit-suisse-says.html

My pick: FMG

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Cielo Waste at $0.79 ...
    At what price I wonder is it a buy?

It can’t go too much lower in fairness, ultimately all depends on if you believe it is has real potential, I’m going to look at revenues, patents and competition over the weekend, I have to say I’m very tempted

They are still awaiting completion of their first plant, with plans for 40 in total as it says on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

jams100 wrote: »
    Portfolio today:

Same! It’s a good lesson not get too caught up in FOMO and biding your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

After few drinks on board + ham & cheese sandwich + f****g covid restrictions, I want to say Thank You to everyone on this group.
    I am on dining table on my own and reflecting on last two months when I joined this thread and I have only three words to say You Guys Rock.

Have a great weekend 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Another big V day, down big time about 4.30 but back to some semblance of normality by the end of the day. Great examples of why not to panic sell or to use stop losses.

NExt leg higher starts Monday

....I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I was down €2200 for the day earlier, now down €200 so a decent recovery. Did anyone buy anything decent on the dips? I bought more Nio yesterday; in what I thought was a great price but it went down a lot earlier before recovering a bit again ... I opened positions with PAVM, SBG and ZYXI yesterday; which are all green for today. I also got some more TMDX & DMTK yesterday.

A tough week on the markets for sure. I’m not too worried as I’m happy with probably 95% of my portfolio as they’re long term holds. There could be another tough few weeks ahead. There may be great opportunities to be had with the correct buys over the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭freyners

Bacchus wrote: »
    Would be interested in thoughts on the different players out there...
    - Stock Dweebs
    - Motley Fool
    - My Wall Street
    - SeekingAlpha
    ... any others.

I've started creating profolios on Yahoo Finance that has "investments" in the public recommendations of Stock Dweebs and Motley Fool... as well as a couple of other sources on Twitter to see over time how each performs. The current pullback is screwing with the plan though, almost everything recent is red. Though it'll be interesting to see over next month or two if they go green. If I can build confidence in any of them I'll consider signing up.... or if the public stuff is good enough I'll just use that to help inform decisions.

I'll throw a good word in here for the popular investor. Irish guy behind it (robert reynolds). Been in his service since December and been very happy

Advertisement