Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power cashing out multiples

• 15-07-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

If you have three legs up on a yankee or two legs up on a trixie and you're being offered a cash out amount, do you get that amount plus the settled legs of the bet or just the cash out amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,833 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If you have three legs up on a yankee or two legs up on a trixie and you're being offered a cash out amount, do you get that amount plus the settled legs of the bet or just the cash out amount?

You get ripped off. :o

In all seriousness, you would only get the cash out amount that they're showing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You get ripped off. :o

In all seriousness, you would only get the cash out amount that they're showing you.

+1

All bookmakers offering cash outs are taking extra margin on their offers.
    If you have 1 leg left and are thinking of cash out, look at laying the selection left.
    If you don't know how to do this ask someone who does.
    You will get a much better cash out doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In these cases it's actually worse than just the percentage they're ripping on a single accumulator. The legs that are up are technically won bets so you can't cash them out, but they are including that amount in the cash out offer as if that's what they are offering you.

Say you have three legs up on a Yankee waiting on the fourth for €5000 - they are offering you €1100, you don't take it, the horse gets beat and you win €750 - meaning they were only offering you a frankly insulting €350 on top of what you had already won against €3250 of risk to them, it makes no sense at all. I was in this position recently - last leg was a very well backed 9/4 shot beaten by a short head. I was happy with my winnings as I was still well up but when I did the maths after I couldn't get over how little they had offered.

Advertisement