Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Just went out to secure a couple of pots that were missed and my shirt almost blew off me! :D:D Our electricity dropped out twice already so I presume we'll lose it altogether later. Better get the phone charging now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedroom side hoping the power doesn't go!

Wind is gone mental all of a sudden, you know its bad when you have to close your bedroom window!

Yea it’s best to close it or else Duvet would escape ;):D

Or a Peeping Mam :D

Sorry Mam and Duvet

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Yea it’s best to close it or else Duvet would escape

Dust off the Rosary Beads.

Now bedside

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea it’s best to close it or else Duvet would escape ;):D

Or a Peeping Mam :D

Sorry Mam and Duvet

You're not a bit sorry Auto :pac:
    Lucky we're on lockdown here , can't get blamed for any shenanigans at all !

Ted , as always you're welcome for the earworm :)

HeyV, I was thinking of the John Prine version of it :o

Just turned on the radio & DJ was playing When the Thunder Rolls.

Everyone's a comedian!!

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Dust off the Rosary Beads.

Now bedside

Are you going to say a prayer for me Teddo????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Duvet and Leg, I have this book called When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön. She is a Buddhist full of wisdom and calmness. It helps me when the sads and mads appear.

Don't confuse that with Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achabe, not so uplifting.
    Look at these adorable marsupials :) I love Marsupials:)

I love Quokkas, went to Rottnest Island to meet their leader when I was a kid and they made a strong impression on me.

Are you going to say a prayer for me Teddo????

That would be like trying to use a sieve as a umbrella.

That would be like trying to use a sieve as a umbrella.

Are you saying prayers are pointless for me Teddo? That I'm beyond prayers?? Is that it hmmm????

Are you saying prayers are pointless for me Teddo? That I'm beyond prayers?? Is that it hmmm????

Jealousy is strong with Ted Diamonds ;):D

• Advertisement

If you need to use my hotline to the main man, there must be a lot on your mind.

,:pac:

If you need to use my hotline to the main man, there must be a lot on your mind.

,:pac:

Oh there you are. Well l was thinking along the lines of a spaghetti monster type of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Oh there you are. Well l was thinking along the lines of a spaghetti monster type of God.

Praised be his noodly appendage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Beside, wide awake listening to the storm outside. Electricity gone since 11ish.
    Room really warm with windows closed and no fan tonight..... going to be a long, muggy night ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Samsgirl wrote: »
    going to be a long, muggy night ahead.

Amen to this :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Amen to this :-/

Have you not blown away?

Some impressive flooding in Skib.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

3d4life wrote: »
    @Smurf, I dont know how you manage to cope with that. For me would be guys in white coats time

Funny you might say that, got called last night and asked if I wanted to rotate home rather than another 5 days in isolation, so here I am at 4am heading to the airport.

Had to admit to myself that the only person who ate the recently purchased 16 bars of butlers chocolates was me :) so bypassed the Butler’s airport coffee shop.

Onboard, business seat so watching my bag as it will be the last to be loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Balcony, cold beer in hand, it’s 34C but 80% humidity, Mutt refuses to join me.

Hope the Cork crew & everyone else is ok after Ellen.

Last few minutes bedside are the nicest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside , I just looked out the window and I don't recognize where I am 🤔

I'm fine thanks brother tedo 😸
    Have you not blown away?

Some impressive flooding in Skib.

The house blew away and we're now in Oz 😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭thomil

The house blew away and we're now in Oz 😛

I didn't know your name was Dorothy :pac:

Home office deskside after about three hours of sleep if my tracker is to be believed. I'm completely and utterly wrecked. Let's hope that high RPM coffee I just brewed will give me at least some energy, otherwise this is going to be a looooooong day...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am in the office.
    The family are convinced I am idle all the time here whereas the reality is that I run around like a blue arsed fly. So they have put a fitness tracker on me. Never had one before but it has me completely paranoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Bit more in the humour today :pac:

Hope everyone impacted by the storm are OK! Sephers, I have a map for getting back from Oz... I'll PM ya :D

It's lashing rain outside, waarm and sunny... what weird weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I hope my fellow Corkonians are all ok and stay away from the wicked witch in Oz there Seph, and be wide of the flying monkeys too! :D I better text my mother to see if she's in Oz as well!

On the couch, not long out of bed. I made a cottage pie from scratch yesterday for the first time in years. It's so nice to have my own little place and cook and clean and look after it. Part of the reason going back home really doesn't appeal to me.

It’s a bit wet and windy out there today :D Some thunder earlier but thankfully still have electricity :)

Seph did you get blown over to Kerry :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Still very windy and lashing here, far from the danger zone. The garden is absolutely destroyed, bits of trees and leaves everywhere so that will be tremendous fun to tidy up when the weather settles. :rolleyes:

Glad you survived Seph, I hope Duvet and Sardi are OK too, and obviously anyone else in that neck of the woods.

Having a coffee and thinking about cancelling today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It’s a bit wet and windy out there today :D Some thunder earlier but thankfully still have electricity :)

Anywhere but Kerry. Hopefully those hills caught you in time!

Looking out the window, I just seen an auld wan with green skin fly past on a broom

thomil wrote: »
    I didn't know your name was Dorothy :pac:

*Check birth certificate*

No

:pac:

I'm not sure, I'm not in Ballincollig anymore anyway .....

:pac:

Deskside. Bit more in the humour today :pac:

Hope everyone impacted by the storm are OK! Sephers, I have a map for getting back from Oz... I'll PM ya :D

It's lashing rain outside, waarm and sunny... what weird weather.

Cheers bro 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning all. All is well here. Only a few powerful gusts and it was all over by 2am. The local topography keeps this town sheltered from South Westerlies and we have emerged unscathed from some of the most powerful storms. While the rain was torrential for a few hours, AFAIK, there's no reports of flooding. Never lost power either. Hope the damage isn't too bad, Seph and I really hope Duvet is OK on the road early am. There were trees down all over.

Legs, hopefully the wind will blow away the lighter debris.

Phoenix, glad to see that things seem a little brighter. You're doing really good there, girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement