Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2018, 08:26   #301
Inviere

Apparently Super Mario Odyssey is now fully playable form start to end on Yuzu. There are still some visual hitches, but at the rate its been progressing, I'd say it'll be visually perfect in a matter of weeks. Regardless of your stance on the ethics of emulating a current machine, the technicalities of what they've achieved are hugely notable.
Advertisement
03-11-2018, 12:30   #302
Inviere

Man, they really got it wrong with the PC-FX. Coming from the glorious PC-Engine, to a glorified FMV machine I can’t help but think what the machine could have been
03-11-2018, 17:35   #303
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
Apparently Super Mario Odyssey is now fully playable form start to end on Yuzu. There are still some visual hitches, but at the rate its been progressing, I'd say it'll be visually perfect in a matter of weeks. Regardless of your stance on the ethics of emulating a current machine, the technicalities of what they've achieved are hugely notable.

03-11-2018, 19:19   #304
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
Meh, I bought the game, I’m not too concerned. I actually don’t have Yuzu myself, waiting on it to mature some more.
Thanks from:
06-11-2018, 16:02   #305
80s Synth Pop

Has anyone used the CRT "emudriver" set up for more than just groovymame? Looks like the new version of emudriver outputs sync on composite so you could in theory connect up your sony trinitron TV directly to your PC's VGA out with a modded RGB scart cable.

Groovymame looks amazing on arcade CRT with 240p and the superwide resolutions. Other emulators like Demul on the other hand only support normal resolutions like 640x480 and 480i interlacing and look very flickery unless you have a candy cab trisync monitor for 480p.

I've read a little about some emulators other than groovymame supporting the super wide resolutions such as mednafen. Are there any others?
Advertisement
07-11-2018, 08:15   #306
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

I now have a CFW PSTV.... thanks to Kerbdog... now what do I do with it?
Is there a list of what I need to install next?
I'm not really interested in another way to play MAME games, but to have it running my PS collection would be class.
So ripping my titles into ISOs and then converting those to eboot?
Is that the next step?
07-11-2018, 10:49   #307
o1s1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
Man, they really got it wrong with the PC-FX. Coming from the glorious PC-Engine, to a glorified FMV machine I can’t help but think what the machine could have been
It's crazy isn't it? There was one on adverts a little while back. Was tempted to pick it up until I saw the games
Thanks from:
07-11-2018, 11:28   #308
The Last Bandit

Does the Demul emulator require a 3d card ?
07-11-2018, 12:20   #309
80s Synth Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Bandit View Post
Does the Demul emulator require a 3d card ?
Yes a directx11 compatible card is needed
Advertisement
07-11-2018, 16:58   #310
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
I now have a CFW PSTV.... thanks to Kerbdog... now what do I do with it?
Is there a list of what I need to install next?
I'm not really interested in another way to play MAME games, but to have it running my PS collection would be class.
So ripping my titles into ISOs and then converting those to eboot?
Is that the next step?
Yeah I wouldn't be overly interested in CFW for yet another way to emulate everything again, so turning it into a PS1 and PSP machine is a nice goal (one that can play Vita games such as fan translations etc is a nice bonus). As for ripping and converting, I'd consider it way easier just to download the games you own, and simply transfer them over. Ripping and converting be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
It's crazy isn't it? There was one on adverts a little while back. Was tempted to pick it up until I saw the games
Yeah such a shame. I'd half like one as a shelf warmer/oddity, but when you see the games lineup
Thanks from:
07-11-2018, 19:42   #311
Doge

The PSX2PSP utility is great for converting Disc Images to eboot and let's you add an icon image, background image, background music and icon animation that will appear in Adrenaline.

There's also the naughty way of downloading PS1, PSP and Vita games called Ah now... Mod snip.

Last edited by CiDeRmAn; 08-11-2018 at 03:54.
Thanks from:
10-11-2018, 02:00   #312
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Ah now... Mod snip.
Apologies for that if it's against the charter.

I thought it was links to ROMs / BIOS etc.. that was not allowed in the forum, where as merely naming a homebrew app for educational purposes was okay.
Thanks from:
10-11-2018, 07:16   #313
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

A homebrew app that contains the engine to download directly a mountain of games.... Yeah.....
10-11-2018, 23:22   #314
o1s1n

Just spent this evening chaining together three Sony monitors. 10 consoles on a switcher go into the BVM, then out of that, into the LMD and then from that into a PVM.

I was interested in seeing if the chain would still work if you switched off certain monitors, it does. So I can actually have all 10 consoles displaying all three monitors at once or just have one on at a time.

Also wanted to see if there was any loss in picture quality, zero. RGB on the little 9 inch PVM at the end of the chain looks razor sharp.
(4) thanks from:
11-11-2018, 08:34   #315
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Just spent this evening chaining together three Sony monitors. 10 consoles on a switcher go into the BVM, then out of that, into the LMD and then from that into a PVM.

I was interested in seeing if the chain would still work if you switched off certain monitors, it does. So I can actually have all 10 consoles displaying all three monitors at once or just have one on at a time.

Also wanted to see if there was any loss in picture quality, zero. RGB on the little 9 inch PVM at the end of the chain looks razor sharp.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion