Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-10-2018, 23:31   #2221
L1m1tless
Better Than Yesterday

Mod: Chess, ZTest
Its alive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181031_230029.jpg (3.19 MB, 52 views)
Advertisement
05-11-2018, 10:07   #2222
80s Synth Pop

Audio on a jpac is not well catered for as it needs a separate amp plus there is no option for stereo. I noticed the pi2jamma device has a built in audio amp and taps the 12 v from pin 6 on the jamma board. No idea why the jpac doesn't do this for audio?

So I tried it out soldering the power supply for a small amp directly to the jpac pin 6 (for 12 v) and pin 1 (for ground).

Then I connected the left speaker to the speaker + and - screw terminals on the jpac. This gave perfect sound on the left speaker.

For stereo, it turns out all my stock cabs are wired for stereo on pins 11/M. This doesn't seem to be a jamma standard but that's how my cabs were wired at the factory so it must have been a popular method for stereo. Soldered speaker right+ to jpac pin 11 and speaker right- to jpac pin L. Turned it on and now have full stereo in Qsound games!

The jpac could be much improved if the above alterations were made on to the jpac pcb with an on-board amp included and maybe a toggle switch or jumper for mono/stereo wired cabs.

Last edited by 80s Synth Pop; 05-11-2018 at 10:25.
06-11-2018, 20:42   #2223
o1s1n

Anyone know if there's any way of sorting a PSU with a dirty supply of electricity?

I found a PSU on ebay for a hardrive I've had sitting around for ages that was set up to run with my Wii. (original PSU got lost in a move)

Here's the one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Ada...2f7c%7Ciid%3A1

It powers up, drive starts and Wii detects it - one major issue, absolutely insane picture interference!

It especially ramps up when the drive is seeking.

The annoying thing is it's an older style DIN type PSU and I haven't seen any others on ebay.

Edit - feck it, found a much better quality one on ebay. Shame I didn't see that the first time around!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-5V-5-...DF2Q:rk:2:pf:0

Last edited by o1s1n; 06-11-2018 at 20:46.
13-11-2018, 22:54   #2224
o1s1n

Well this is driving me mental.

The seller sent me another PSU, same issue.

Bought a PSU from a totally different seller, same issue again.

The three of them all look pretty similar so it's possible they come from the same Chinese factory.

It's not the harddrive as I had it working perfectly before with the original PSU.

Think I'm just going to have to invest in a new external harddrive !
13-11-2018, 22:57   #2225
Doge

Best to just get a portable drive which doesn't need a power supply and is powered by usb itself.

Like the WD Passport drives.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 09:23   #2226
o1s1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Best to just get a portable drive which doesn't need a power supply and is powered by usb itself.

Like the WD Passport drives.
At this stage I think I'm going to give up on it alright and pick up a USB powered drive instead. Been looking for a HDD to connect up to my Kodi box so I guess I can re purpose this one for that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion