Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda opened my fpn and delivered it to me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

See I think this is the issue, the joy of power he showed over you, garda love that.

What happend to 28 days i asked ?

to which the response ....

could have been....Not sure mate , seems it's 7 days now, seems unfair but I don't make the rules, get it paid before it increase would be my advise, have a good day.

But no with Garda it's always arrogance and rude behavior

I take it you have plenty of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Return to sender, means legally they now have right to open the letter as it is posted to them.

Just pay the fine and stop beeing so petty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Killinator wrote: »
    Gonna come at this from my experience of serving these.
    The postman tried to deliver and for whatever reason (usually ticked/written) on a non-delivery sticker couldn't deliver.
    This could be for any number of reasons but usually along the lines of no access or a person not known at that particular address.
    The FCPN is then returned envelope and all back to Fixed Charge Processing office who in turn forward it to the local district of the address on the envelope which is generally where a vehicle which has been intercepted for whatever offence is registered or in the case of public order offences, the address given to the Garda at the time
    The FCPN will be roved from the envelope so that the Garda assigned to serve it knows what the details of the alleged offence are and doesn't just rock up at the accused's address and say 'heres a ticket, don't know what it's for, good luck'. They also need to have the FCPN out of the envelope as they need to explain the various time limits and dates involved which they couldn't easily do if it was still in the envelope.
    The FCPN will still have the envelope with the postal sticker attached as proof that an attempt was made to deliver it.
    The Garda serving the FCPN is not going to be the Garda that issued it and will only know the same details that are available to be viewed on the ticket.
    The Garda serving it is not responsible for it not being delivered previously by the post. The Garda will check to see if the person at the address (if it can be found) is the person who the FCPN was issued to. If they do not live at that address or are unknown there then further enquires will be carried out.
    You may tell the Garda who tries to deliver the FCPN to piss off or not answer the door but as a result it may be concluded that it is the right address but accused was uncooperative, the FCPN will subsequently move on to court summons and if accused still doesn't turn up the a bench warrant can be issued.
    Of course accused can stand up.in court and claim they never received a ticket and the Garda who was told to piss off can then give evidence that he attempted to serve the notice and was met with such a response.

As for PPE (gloves and the like) it varies from Garda to Garda. Not best practice to not have mask or gloves but not detrimental in any way to a prosecution, if that is an angle.
    Very clear and concise.
    Thanks.

Advertisement