Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Circus is some horse, repelled siskin, and probably would have fought back against the winner if he could see him in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Did the start stifle Siskin? Still not sure the best horse won tbh

In fairness he got first run on the winner and he was just a bit short of stamina going to the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    Circus is some horse, repelled siskin, and probably would have fought back against the winner if he could see him in time.

Aye but the winner so quick he didn't even spot him.

Best horse won there for sure, surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

tryfix wrote: »
    The ITV team seem to be claiming that Kameko was unlucky not to get in a position to challenge the winner. In the last furlong he had plenty of time to accelerate between Siskin and Circus Maximus. He went for it and wasn't closing very quickly at all when he stopped driving on him.
    Yes. The gaps were moving faster than the horse.
    If Kameko was good enough he would have been kept wide and motored down the middle of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Davey Russel on The StoryTeller now for the plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The ground was on the soft side of good I'd say, probably didn't help Kameko or Siskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Aye but the winner so quick he didn't even spot him.

Best horse won there for sure, surely!

Best horse won for sure, but love to see a horse stick his head down to beat what he sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I heard there's nothing wrong with Galvin and that The Storyteller did a serious piece of work over 5f the other morning and they wanted Davy. #intheknow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Slattsy wrote: »
    I heard there's nothing wrong with Galvin and that The Storyteller did a serious piece of work over 5f the other morning and they wanted Davy. #intheknow

And the owners of the favourite for the Galway plate would just pull theirs so another could win. hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

And the owners of the favourite for the Galway plate would just pull theirs so another could win. hmmmmm

Sluttsy was pisstaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

That would make sense

I thought the serious piece of work over 5f for a 3 miler might have given that away.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

surely the ground will have soft in description with the rain ? HRI and Galway races page both still have it as Good?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

surely the ground will have soft in description with the rain ? HRI and Galway races page both still have it as Good?

It's teaming down rain in Galway right now so will definitely be soft now

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Will not let you go...
    Thanks slats.

Mrs Milner in the 5.15. Its rare i'd find two to back at Galway.

No bet at Goodwood, i think Mohaather beats Siskin though.

Oi oi

Didn't want this ground for Easy Game. Not as confident now but we'll let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Will help Spyglass Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Galvin out so had two pops with Three Muskateers and Easy Game

Snugsborough Benny each way here 22/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

I thought the serious piece of work over 5f for a 3 miler might have given that away.

Did the 5f

If you're going to do your dough, no better man to lose to than the great man.

Fancied for Cheltenham this year. Didn't today. Well done to anyone that backed him. And particularly JP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Did the 5f not give it away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Davy stood down.....

Heard he had to be pulled of Joe with a hurley!!

#intheknow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Davy stood down.....

Heard he had to be pulled of Joe with a hurley!!

#intheknow

What’s the news on that roger.what happened to the storyteller in the plate.pulled up but did he clip a fence or what

What’s the news on that roger.what happened to the storyteller in the plate.pulled up but did he clip a fence or what

Russell injured. Horse is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Strong tip for Nolan's in the bumper tomorrow, Price gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Do we know what the injury is with Davy Russell? I assumed there was something wrong with the horse, i didn't see where Russell injured himself.

Edit: 'Russell reported to the Clerk of Scales that his mount made mistakes at the first three fences and was pulled up thereafter.' So it was the horse that was pulled up. I wonder did he have a fall afterwards or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

monkey9 wrote: »
    Do we know what the injury is with Davy Russell? I assumed there was something wrong with the horse, i didn't see where Russell injured himself.

Same as that seems to have hit 2 fences and pull up.howd he get hurt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Strong tip for Nolan's in the bumper tomorrow, Price gone already.

Some odds crash!

Advertisement