Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Club Rugby Pyramid of Greatness

Options
  • 21-07-2020 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

I saw this on FB and thought it would be a bit of fun to share, I'm not sure I'd agree with all the choices below, but what do people think?!

Top Tier seems good, but then 2 seems off. Get the sharks in there and Racing.2ONa0fG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Sale, Bristol, Bordeaux, and Edinburgh above last years Super Rugby finalists seems... questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is that meant to be based on current form, or historical, or some combo of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Is that meant to be based on current form, or historical, or some combo of both?

There was absolutely no context given on it in FB group I yoinked it from. But lets say current form

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PMC83 wrote: »
    There was absolutely no context given on it in FB group I yoinked it from. But lets say current form

on current form (ie 2019 / 2020) theres no way the rebels should be in tier 6, should be tier 4 at least..... thats the biggest glaring one for me.

stormers and sharks are very matched, so id have them in 3 with bordeaux dropping to 4

as a highlanders fan id fancy my chances against any of those tier 3 sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Very hard to judge any of those Japanese Top league teams, just haven't seen enough of them. But it definitely feels like the Dragons need to be down there, maybe bring the Blues up one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Seems very European biased

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Montpellier in tier 2 is very questionable. Bristol should be no where near as high as that and at least half the teams in tier 4 would beat Sale.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's not historical as Leicester, Bath, Wasps and Ospreys are in the tier below Scarlets and Glasgow.

Leicester have 10 English league wins and 2 HEC, Bath 6 and 1, Wasps 6 and 4, and Ospreys have 4 Celtic League/Pro12 wins.

Scarlets have 2 Celtic League/Pro12 wins, and Glasgow 1.

Advertisement