Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies reopening

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

It's good for me they're back open. Not many changes in shops as staff always had perspex screen due to bad punters. Racingpost paper sometimes available depending on staff, toxic smell hand sanitiser, tea out water machine not available, not encouraged to share pens so i bring my own. I'm currently wearing a mask in the shop but dont know how long that will last.... I'm watching bigraces in the shop until the hopeful reopening on the 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Bookies seem to be really tightening the screw now on odds since they re-opened.

e.g. Paddy Toomeys Bolivar SP @ 11/2. Betfair SP 12.5. Seeing this stuff a good bit now since racing returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I feel it happens every year I am sitting down watching some summer jumps meeting and I see Peregrine Run running and is circa 6/4 or 2/1 and think to myself jees he looks a big price there and talk myself out of having a bet for one reason or another. Haha

He is some servant at this level to be fair to him. Literally runs his race every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭akelly02

BoldReason wrote: »
    I feel it happens every year I am sitting down watching some summer jumps meeting and I see Peregrine Run running and is circa 6/4 or 2/1 and think to myself jees he looks a big price there and talk myself out of having a bet for one reason or another. Haha

He is some servant at this level to be fair to him. Literally runs his race every time.

Locally trained and is a credit to his owner.

In his owners words a solid grade 3 or grade 2 horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Boyles, Bar One and PP near me. None open before 10.30 am these days
    Anyone else find similar?
    Any idea why?. Absolute pain in the fanny tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Think it's all shops not only bookies to stagger out the amounts on public transport ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Agreed its late in the morning most of the staff are generally grumpier than they were before especially my local greens. I just get my placepots down and get out the days of racingpost side chats are long gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Boyles, Bar One and PP near me. None open before 10.30 am these days
    Anyone else find similar?
    Any idea why?. Absolute pain in the fanny tbh

Turnover is hugely down as to be expected, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

What category are the bookies in now? Will they be closing in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I don't think any retailers are affected so should be business as usual.
    Gastropubs, restaurants and cinemas are closing only

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i hope they're open i have a nice docket with Bryson dechambeaus name on it !

Advertisement