Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know any decent usable on line Jam software

Options
  • 21-03-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

So with the current climate I went looking for some way to Jam on line.

Now there are inherent issues with latencey with typically but some of this looks to be peer to peer so if 2 users in Ireland were using it it would not be such an issue.

Now i have not tried these yet but intend to, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and share a few I found

In order to get round NAT related latencey issues issues you might consider putting your PC onto a DMZ for the duration of the jam (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK) if you are tech savvy you can find out what ports it uses and create a firewall rule on your router for them

Nimjam Appears to be peer to eer so looks most promising (win, MAC,Linux)

Jamulus Linux only by the looks of it

Jammr Win,MAC,ubuntu

I'm pretty doubtful if these are worth while but I thought I'd give it a shot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 G6120

Hello I've been using this software for the last couple of weeks and it's been working fine but just wondering did you get going on it and also looking to see if there's any local musicians interested in doing it too

• Registered Users Posts: 41 basshead

nelly17 wrote: »
    So with the current climate I went looking for some way to Jam on line.

Now there are inherent issues with latencey with typically but some of this looks to be peer to peer so if 2 users in Ireland were using it it would not be such an issue.

Now i have not tried these yet but intend to, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and share a few I found

In order to get round NAT related latencey issues issues you might consider putting your PC onto a DMZ for the duration of the jam (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK) if you are tech savvy you can find out what ports it uses and create a firewall rule on your router for them

Nimjam Appears to be peer to eer so looks most promising (win, MAC,Linux)

Jamulus Linux only by the looks of it

Jammr Win,MAC,ubuntu

I'm pretty doubtful if these are worth while but I thought I'd give it a shot

I'm no expert but apparently you can use a gaming console as a DMZ. I've an old X-Box I'll chuck into the mix if you're up for pooling resources/knowledge?

Anyone try Nimjam or any of the other online jamming platforms?

Bass player here who's up for giving any of the above a go for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 G6120

Ye I've been using them there's a few that work grand you just need audio interface and pc and a good Internet connection using wired ethernet connection... I'd defo be up for a jam and have no probs giving experience on setting it up

Advertisement