Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statistics question/help!

• 02-03-2020 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm doing a project on stats in a work course and using SPSS. I am confused about a few things.
    Using a dataset as follows, what is the best test to show a statistical significance or correlation between men and apples vs women and other fruits? I need to end up with a p value saying men are statistically more likely to choose apples than women and this is not down to chance. And I need to do the test in SPSS and reproduce it.
    I am reading and re reading all the notes and SPSS guidance but struggling and my deadline is Friday!

FAVOURITE
    FRUIT
    BANANAS FEMALE 16 MALE 7
    ORANGES FEMALE 18 MALE 4
    APPLES FEMALE 5 MALE 18
    OTHER FEMALE 0 MALE 3

Comments

Advertisement