Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC2 Oíche na Gaoithe Móire - Night of the Big Wind

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its on again in 10 minutes BBC2 for anyone thats interested in fairies:pac:

Its suppose to be on BBC2 now but its not for some reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

Hooter23 wrote: »

maybe because they have their own big wind coming this week. They could seriously get lambasted if some of them charts came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Hooter23 wrote: »

Gone with the fairies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The darts overran, so might've been delayed with that (Wolfie upset the double 16 fairy!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Was the programme going out UK wide or is it NI only as it was during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No sign of it over here so must have been NI only

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought it was quite rubbish to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Harps wrote: »

Twas BBC 2 NI only

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Harps wrote: »

I recorded it. I can upload a copy to dropbox if anyone is interested ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

It's on RTE player too. Few days left before it's unavailable there.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Staph wrote: »
    It's on RTE player too. Few days left before it's unavailable there.

Saw it last night on RTE player. Thought the reference to 'the fairies' could have been left out of a 'documentary'... hmmmm... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Tazio wrote: »
    Saw it last night on RTE player. Thought the reference to 'the fairies' could have been left out of a 'documentary'... hmmmm... :D

Watched last night on RTE player myself. I felt embarrassed to be Irish when they mentioned the "wind fairies" part because it aired on British TV. I hope it doesn't get worldwide exposure, like the 800 skeletons found in a septic tank in Tuam - I hate being embarrassed by my country's past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Watched last night on RTE player myself. I felt embarrassed to be Irish when they mentioned the "wind fairies" part because it aired on British TV. I hope it doesn't get worldwide exposure, like the 800 skeletons found in a septic tank in Tuam - I hate being embarrassed by my country's past.

If all else fails throw stones at it that might make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cornerstonelad

No need to be embarrassed Zack all countries have dark deeds in their past. Fairy beliefs were common amongst the peasantry of most countries in the not too distant past. I am sure they still have followers. Most of the worlds population back then were uneducated through no fault of their own.
    Modern forecasting is till a developing science and in 176 years time people will be tittering at our crude methods.

Just watched it again it said "As the intensity of the storm peaked, there are a lot of reports of many extraordinary attempts to survive.Theres another story from moate, Co. Westmeath about people who couldn't get shelter from the wind.One poor man went into a barrel:confused:.But he was swept up and down the town in the barrel because the storm was so strong.":rolleyes:

And it showed a video of a barrel getting swept down a street lol absolutely comical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It's funny in a way that we feel so superior to the ways and beliefs of our ancestors, yet readily accept modern day myths as if they were the ultimate truth. ;)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cornerstonelad

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It's funny in a way that we feel so superior to the ways and beliefs and of our ancestors, yet readily accept modern day myths as if they were the ultimate truth. ;)

Very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

For any of ye that know Clare, the story has it that fish were found the next morning on the streets of Ennistymon from the Atlantic sea at Lahinch :)

Advertisement