Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 26th: Snow for some, miniature flags for others

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Fresh powder here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Sky new now flights at Liverpool diverted to other airports due snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My 4 year old wants snow having seen pictures of his grandparents back yard on Christmas Eve. They woke up to snow!

Santa brought the presents but the big question is can MT Cranium make snow for him in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

At 6 pm the low was around 2-3 hPa lower and a bit further SE than even the 12Z GFS had progged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Storm 10 wrote: »

Yes but hardly anything sticking from what I hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Dewpoint

North Dublin, moderate rain, 3.9c, DP 3.3c.

Im also in north Dublin but my station is reporting a temp of 4.9 and dew point of 4.1, jus shows how local weather can differ. fingers crossed it drops with the increased rate of precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Yes but hardly anything sticking from what I hear

Would you go back to the picture of Liverpool Airport to see snow , stop messing

My apologies maybe they will get a few cms, hardly snowmegeddon!! It's the exaggerations a in the British media that are so annoying. Also the talk of -15 degrees, such utter pants

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Would you go back to the picture of Liverpool Airport to see snow , stop messing

I might add the snow is due to turn to rain during the night, temp rising to 5 degrees in the morning. Still more than we are getting it must be said. It seems around kippure is the only place getting lying snow here. Maybe some snow closer to the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Going to turn icy after midnight away from windward coasts in the west and north. Temperatures below freezing widely later tonight. Also it's not inconceivable one or two showers might make it to the east coast later on and also further in to Munster only making things worse from that point of view if you catch some precipitation. These polar maritime setups can spring surprises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I might add the snow is due to turn to rain during the night, temp rising to 5 degrees in the morning. Still more than we are getting it must be said.

Most of central and eastern England will see top temperatures tomorrow at or little above freezing.

Don't be deceived by the synoptic charts either regarding the HP in the next few days. We are in for the coldest nights of 2014 with temperatures progged as low as -6 or -7 locally inland. Sunday night is one to watch in particular. And daytime temperatures will be low single figures as well. This is till Tuesday morning at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Actually, looking at tomorrow's prospects, I don't see much decent showery activity for most of the country, with a very tight 500 hPa temperature gradient only allowing deep convection in Ulster and north Leinster. Very shallow convection elsewhere, which should be still enough for a few lighter graupel flurries, but only the heaviest activity in the northest and through the UK.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks to be almost half a foot of snow in places within central England and it's still snowing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Is it snowing anywhere today in Ireland? Here in Belfast sleety snowy mix falling currently but with temperature at 7 C it's not sticking.......:-( :-( :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Is it snowing anywhere today in Ireland? Here in Belfast sleety snowy mix falling currently but with temperature at 7 C it's not sticking.......:-( :-( :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd say hilly areas of Sligo, Mayo and Donegal might be seeing snow showers today with settling snow above maybe 350 meters by day.
    With a DP of 2C in Dublin all we are going to get is cold rain in any precip at the moment.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

In Wexford til new years now. Really would love some snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭numilus cimbus

Snow was sporadic enough in the UK,most places there are above freezing now An inch that won't see the day out won't excite me

Meanwhile over on net illusion,I see they're all like sheep bleating the line 'at least it won't be mild'
    Where do they get them?
    Seemingly an outlook of wind rain and 5 to 7c is better than 14c and some Sun?
    Blimey
    Talk about cracked,I'd have thought it the worst of all worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

trixychic wrote: »
    In Wexford til new years now. Really would love some snow!

We're on our way there today and hoping for the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Seemingly an outlook of wind rain and 5 to 7c is better than 14c and some Sun?
    Blimey
    Talk about cracked,I'd have thought it the worst of all worlds

I think if we saw 14c then it would be mostly likely accompanied by rain,, I would prefer colder weather in winter myself, 14c would be horrible Christmas week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

14C with a nice SW over the Wicklow mountains , often sunny and very pleasant here due to local Fohn effect. Would take that any day over wind and rain.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement