Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

• 31-08-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Over the last few months I have started to listen to his RTE1 show on the commute home from work, and on playback when on night shift, and I am really impressed by his choice of music.

I find I enjoy a large percentage of what he plays, and I would not have heard a lot of it before.

Anyone else enjoy his show? Personally I think its the best show on radio at present.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

He is a lovely presenter-I love listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He might be, but as a man I ain't agreeing with you, I'm talking more about his choice of music!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

NIMAN wrote: »
    He might be, but as a man I ain't agreeing with you, I'm talking more about his choice of music!

I just like the way he sounds so easygoing-think you get a good idea of this when you listen to transitions (e.g handovers of shows) Creedon is always so pleasant to Arena presenter. Others on station not always so.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

One of the most likeable presenters on Irish radio and a super brain of music & history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

LeakyGee wrote: »
    One of the most likeable presenters on Irish radio and a super brain of music & history.

Absolutely! His music VERY diverse, surprisingly so, my Dad got into listening to him, very enjoyable show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,261 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Big fan of his show, always good to listen to in the late summer evenings.

Just the other day, he introduced me to 'Missing Suitcase' by Herbaliser - awesome song.

Go with the flow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Absolutely! His music VERY diverse, surprisingly so, my Dad got into listening to him, very enjoyable show.

I've said it many a time that for good new music you need to listen to RTE 1 and not RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

When is he on?, I always thought he was a great presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

When is he on?, I always thought he was a great presenter.

Currently 8PM to 9:50 weeknights. It goes back to 8:30PM for the autumn/winter schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Great presenter and fantastic eclectic taste in music. Remember when he used to be Terence the hairdresser on the Gerry Ryan show many years ago:D

"Stay in by the wall, mind the buses and remember we are all God's children"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've been dial flicking when driving up from cork a few evenings (when i lose off the ball).

Got to hear this programme and was pleasantly surprised - some great songs and his general banter was great. Well worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

The Mystery train was a much better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

RTE Fan wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/lyricfm/the-john-kelly-ensemble/

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I really enjoy his show, I like the conversation and the music is fantastic. He is well worth a listen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,261 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Fiachna Ó Braonáin covering for John next week!

Just when a Creedo man-crush thread appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Well at least he knows we'll miss him :)

At least I have plenty of agreement. Good to see someone play a decent range of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Oh that's a shame, will miss him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I don't call playing several 'van the man 'songs and loads of Brazilian salsa music several times a week 'diverse' , rte must really have paid out to van , saturation point with music from one album from eons ago , deplorable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

Creedon is earning €2100 per week for doing the show so It's good that people like it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Creedon is earning €2100 per week for doing the show so It's good that people like it.

Not quite sure what you're implying here. I don't see what his wages have to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭serfboard

That show was absolute garbage.

"And next up ... The Turkmenistan Free-Form Jazz ensemble" (or words to that effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he did the voice of terence on the gerry ryan show many years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

John Creedon's show is good anytime I get the chance to listen to it. I wouldn't like all the music, and a lot of it is "safe" listening, but he's good to pick up on some new music. Nice guy too.

If you like his show, you might also like the Philip King show on Radio 1, and there's a lady who does a late night show on Radio 1 at the weekends who is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

seachto7 wrote: »
    John Creedon's show is good anytime I get the chance to listen to it. I wouldn't like all the music, and a lot of it is "safe" listening, but he's good to pick up on some new music. Nice guy too.

If you like his show, you might also like the Philip King show on Radio 1, and there's a lady who does a late night show on Radio 1 at the weekends who is good too.
    That's Lillian Smith, she presents Late Date (12 - 2am on Saturday and Sunday).

I think she is fab, I love the music she plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

I like John creeden music and his show. The slot is a poor one time wise. I often wonder why his show is not podcasted and there is no playback option on there ipad / iphone apps.

dixierip wrote: »
    I like John creeden music and his show. The slot is a poor one time wise. I often wonder why his show is not podcasted and there is no playback option on there ipad / iphone apps.
    It's not podcast due to music rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

I except that but for example the today fm app offers the listen back option (including music) which offers the chance to listen to shows missed.

dixierip wrote: »
    I except that but for example the today fm app offers the listen back option (including music) which offers the chance to listen to shows missed.
    RTE only offer that through the website.

• Advertisement

The guy covering for him tonight was decent enough too, music wise.

Although I think it was Anton Savage in disguise, sounded exactly like him.

Advertisement