Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

rednik wrote: »

Good old "technical issues" made them 3 hours late. They must be the band with the most "technical issues" in history.:rolleyes:

Got the popcorn ready for the US tour,let the soap opera begin.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »

In fairness they played some more gigs in Mexico and quite a few in South America where there were no disruptions these past few weeks (including two nights in Mexico City without a problem). They've also added some Canadian dates to this latest tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Good old "technical issues" made them 3 hours late. They must be the band with the most "technical issues" in history.:rolleyes:

The main one is "W.A.R"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Rose appears on That Metal Show in a rare TV appearance which is due to air in the US tonight

Looking forward to that...oh wait, here it is

• Advertisement

Read about that on Blabbermouth last night. Load of me Bollix tbh,still trying to blame everyone else for his problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

2 and a half hours late is it?????

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Speaking of car crash tv LL. The appetite line up of GNR have been nominated for the 2012 RnR hall of fame. That could and probably will be a utter disaster if they get there.

And they're being inducted. Let the circus begin!:)

http://rockhall.com/pressroom/announcements/2012-inductees-announced/

Bet ya they won't all turn up!?

EDIT: Did ye read the little blurb on em on that site?? LOL

Bet ya they won't all turn up!?

I'm meeting Gilby Clarke in Feb when he tours the UK, must ask if he's been invited by that point out of interest

Interestingly enough, DJ Ashba seems absolutely thrilled for Axl and wants him to go for it, but I wonder would Fortus, Bumblefoot, Stintson et all attend a ceremony from the audience and watch as Axl, Dizzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Izzy (but most likely not Slash or Matt) collect the award?

I mean Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony collected Van Halen's award so anything can happen

• Advertisement

I'm meeting Gilby Clarke in Feb when he tours the UK, must ask if he's been invited by that point out of interest

Interestingly enough, DJ Ashba seems absolutely thrilled for Axl and wants him to go for it, but I wonder would Fortus, Bumblefoot, Stintson et all attend a ceremony from the audience and watch as Axl, Dizzy, Duff, Steven and maybe Izzy (but most likely not Slash or Matt) collect the award?

I mean Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony collected Van Halen's award so anything can happen

Not with GN'R. They're a bloody pantomime.

It began years ago.

Kicking off already. The head of the RRHOF suggested that all of GN'R that had been invited had RSVP'd. This prompted an angry response from Slash who tweeted that he'd never RSVP'd or said he would attend.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Sounds more like the RNRHOF stirring up the hornets nest for publicity. That CEO also said that the new band members were welcome to buy tickets so they could attend the show. He sounds like a ****stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

Pfft Axel Rose can go stick a hurley up his arse.

I've had it on good authority (from a member of the band) that we can expect to see Guns N' Roses in Europe in 2012 - particularly UK and Ireland

I've had it on good authority (from a member of the band) that we can expect to see Guns N' Roses in Europe in 2012 - particularly UK and Ireland

On holidays.:p

Axl doing his best to further disparage the original line-up!:rolleyes:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167512

On holidays.:p

Nope, for a gig apparently:p

It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be after the 02 debacle. Personally I would love to see them again but then again I liked Chinese Democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would it be with the original line up?

Would it be with the original line up?

No, I don't believe so, it was a member of the "new" band who told me

Did he mention new material?

Did he mention new material?

Not directly. He's said they've been working on stuff but didn't give any specifics. Said he hoped to see fruits of their labour at some stage this year but that, as always, depending on a lot of issues.

Similar mumblings have pointed towards Van Halen and Guns N' Roses as being two of the headliners at Sonisphere this year. Apparently Download wanted Van Halen instead of the Prodigy headlining but Sonisphere was able to work something out with them, and GNR are always highly sought after despite problems.

It will be interesting to see whether Eddie can keep his drinking under control long enough for the Summer to be a success. Sabbath and Metallica at Download, Van Halen and GNR at Sonisphere...who says Rock is Dead!

All we need now is Faith No More and SoundGarden to confirm UK appearances lol

The Van Halen saga changes everyday, but I too hope Eddie stays off the booze and gets back to his best and the new album is a cracker. Whether they come to Europe is still a big question. Mark Tremonti's comments on hearing the new material certainly whetted the appetite. I night just have to go to the states to see them.

DJ Ashba commented a while back about working on new material with Axl so hopefully this will work out a bit quicker than Chinese Democracy. If Axl is up for a gig this new lineup are excellent live, I know everyone wants to see the classic lineup but I don't think this will happen anytime soon. Slash is working on a new solo album as well as actively seeking a new vocalist for Velvet Revolver.

Lots of YouTube, pro shot, footage of the band's performance in Los Angeles last night. Don't expect an official DVD but do expect soundboard bootleg audio to surface and some excellent video's from YouTube. With that said, crowd is a little sombre throughout.

Axl has also given a rare interview to the LA Times in which he speaks about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April
    GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose said that the last thing he wants to do is ruin the band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction for anyone — but that doesn't mean he's willing to perform with his former bandmates. In a rare new interview with the Los Angeles Times, Rose said about the group's upcoming induction into the Hall, "I've got mixed emotions about what the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there's a lot of people — the fans — that it just means something to them, and they're happy. It's like you won the Heisman or something."

He added that he doesn't want to see the induction turn into a scenario like what happened at the Oscars decades ago, when actor Marlon Brando sent a Native American to refuse his "Best Actor" prize for "The Godfather" and make a protest speech. Rose explained, "People don't want that associated with their awards shows, even if you have a big audience. In one way it might be right, but it usually backfires on whoever does it. So I really don't want to spoil it for everybody else — or take the beating."

As for whether there have been discussions of what will happen on the night the band is inducted, Rose said, "There is no plan yet. There really is no plan."

Personally I'd love him to send a Native American to collect his award instead and have it turn into a protest speech. That would be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

He also mentioned some other stuff
    "busy all next year" and will put out new music "as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels
    Later in the interview, Rose made the odd statement that a reunion tour would only work if guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan were involved, hinting that original guitarist Izzy Stradlin and drummer Steven Adler need not be there. He said, "The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that . . . I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

First time I think I've ever heard Rose admit he would think about touring with Slash again, money obviously talks, and even Rose cannot uphold his "principles" above "ca-ching" for much longer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Watched the proshot Civil War and November Rain. I know he had bronchitis a few months back but man did he struggle on those two. Sounds terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I'm not doubting you but I really can't see this happening so soon after the last debacle. It's still fresh in everyone's heads, the fans, the promoter's and possibly even Axl's.

We're only a "one bottle throwing idiot" away from going through it all again.

Maybe they should play behind one of those nets the gaa have behind the goals in Croke Park!

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I'm not doubting you but I really can't see this happening so soon after the last debacle. It's still fresh in everyone's heads, the fans, the promoter's and possibly even Axl's.

That net idea might be the solution we need;)

But yeah, I feel it's a bit sudden myself, having said that money talks and even though you remember what happened in Dublin and Reading last year the band have been fairly quiet (in comparison) during their current US dates. They've only cancelled 2 dates, that I'm aware of, and that was due to fire regulations.

Hell, even Duff McKagan has warmed to Axl enough to open for him, which must be a strange experience.

• Advertisement

That reminds me.....................I must book my holiday to Timbuktoo. :D

Advertisement