Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redmond family

• 05-02-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

have discovered that my family on my dads side came from dublin, i would appreciate any information anyone can give, my great grandmothers father came over here to liverpool, i think about 1861 his name was james redmond born approx 1836, he came over with his mother marcella redmond, she was widowed i think the earliest record is of them i think is in a boarding house because of the different names listed(1861), james married margaret hodkinson born in liverpool, they had 6 children, marcella, elizabeth, seragh(or sarah), thomas, james, mary ellen,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

does the marriage cert for James and Margaret mention their fathers names and occupations ?

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chughes1964

the cert i have is from the church they where married, it only gives the names of the parents which were:-

james and marcella redmond

thomas and sarah hodkinson

they dont give occupation.

james and margaret where married at st anthony rc bootle, 14 april 1866,

thanks

chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

If your Redmond family were from the City of Dublin (rather than the county or suburbs) then it's worth checking the parish records on www.irishgenealogy.ie

Further city parish records are due to be added to the website later this year... mostly RC I believe. I presume the family were RC ?

Do you know what part of Dublin city or County your Redmonds lived ?

It might be worth ordering a civil marriage for James and Margaret as this would show his father's occupation which, depending on the type of occupation or trade, might help locate James snr in a trade directory. This could help identify the correct parish to check.

Shane

Advertisement