Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Thanks OP/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Dear -
    I'm not afraid of you. People are only ever afraid of the things they don't understand and I've met a hundred you's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Superwhy

Dear former best friend ,

I rang you in May to tell you my wife was pregnant with twins and we spoke every week until July when I rang to tell you that one of the twins would die the day she was being born .

Why haven't you rang me since , why haven't you called in to see us ?

I got a brief e-mail to say you were busy and couldn't make a show we'd booked before the bad news . Why didn't you ask how we were ?

All I want from you is 3 words ... How are things ? It would take 2 mins to send that text .

My wife is carrying twin girls , we have them named , we have godparents chosen , we've chosen a casket , we've picked a grave , we've chosen prayers , we've chosen music , we've bought baby clothes and cried and cried as each job was scratched off the list . She'll be born just before Christmas and it looks like she'll be buried on Christmas Eve .

You'd know all this if you'd only bother to ask .

You're a selfish prick .

Jesus. Selfish prick is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going unreg for this one:

Dear ex - if only I could go back in time and tell myself just how much of a bitch you would become towards the end. I would then spare myself probably the worst few months of my life towards the later part of us and the aftermath of the horrible breakup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dear Knackers who steal my bike lights,

I don't know why you do it, I really don't. Are you the same scumbags who stole my saddle? The same little toerags that knicked my previous bike? It's not as if you can actually use my bike lights when you don't have a holder for them on your own bikes. I'm only glad that the light you stole yesterday was broken. I sincerely hope you got hit by a car. I don't care how old you are- you could be a stupid child, a pathetic teenager with nothing better to do than hang around the streets and rob stuff, you could be just an opportunist. Hell, I don't even care if you're a fellow cyclist desperate for a light to get home safe. I would revel in pleasure knowing the light went out on you and you were hit by a car. A truck or bus preferably. My only regret would be you using up valuable state resources in healthcare/disability benefit that could be used on more deserving people.

You really are absolute scum.

Sincerely,
    A majorly pissed off cyclist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Dear Ben Affleck,
    You're looking well. I definitely would.
    Call me,
    Kablamo!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Dear Ben Affleck,
    You're looking well. I definitely would.
    Call me,
    Kablamo!

Priceless! Made me laugh. Thank you :D

Dear L,

I f*cked it up with you. Royally. I met you for the first time in September and fell for you straightaway. I don't care how many people commented on the fact that "I could do better"and shyt like that, I only wanted you. And I still do...

I hold off the boat because there was a great chance I were to lose my job and I'd have to go back to my native country as did happen. So even though we never verbally said we were together, everything made it clear that we did. Our relationship progressed very fast, I blaim it on the fact that we are both Pagan :), those kind of relationships tend to develop rapidly.

One saturday, I have a major eyeinfection after suffering an allergic attack and you brought me to the out of hours GP service, and by doing so, you saved my vision. After being stuffed to the brink with medication, I fell asleep on your bed and woke up with you beside me and your arms around me. I never felt so save and cared for before and that moment I fully realised how much I loved you. after the horrors I went through with my ex-boyfriend I promised myself that I'd never fall in love again, but you changed all that, I couldn't stop it, and fell hook, line and sinker for you.

One day after we had intercourse it hurted like hell, it stung so badly it made me cry with pain. I went to my GP and was diagnosed with a condition that made intercourse very difficult and I was told that I would continue to have that pain each time we were to have sex. I overreacted and broke up with you. I refused to listen to you, even though you told me there were more important things in live then sex and you just wanted to be with me. But I'd convinced myself that eventually you'd grown tired of having limited or perhaps even no sex and would run off to find someone else. So I let you go and broke both our hearts in the process. You were barely handling it, you told me later, and believe me when I say I wasn't feeling the best either...

I still love you, I can still feel your arms around me and I still hear your voice in my head. I even dream off you, we've been married at least 15 times by now, and the wedding night is still great :D You are, in fact, the only man I can ever see myself being married to and even have children with. And I know deep down no other man can ever compare to you, they are just a way of killing time, untill maybe one day, we can be together again. You'll always be my Woulfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Crazy_Fool

D,

I wish I could roll back the clock to show you how I really feel about you. You were the most generous loving man I have ever met and you did not deserve to leave this earth the way you did. I see your face in so many other people and it makes me so sad to think of you all alone that night. I dream about you when I sleep and think about you every day, I will always hold the happy memories of you in my heart and I hope to meet you in heaven xxxxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dear C,

I knew this already but I'm going to say it again. You are amazing. I really don't know what I would do without you. You have just been with me through so much and I am so lucky to have you.

I mean how many guys at the age of 16 stick with a girl who has gone through so much by the time we were 6 months together. When we first met I was still trying to handle my mothers recovery from alcoholism (you would think that that would be easy, it's not). By March, 2 months together, my grandad had died and I had to deal with that. A month later I was in for surgery to take a lump out of my neck. A week before my 16th birthday in May, I was told that that lump had been cancerous. And then in July, just before our 6 month anniversary, I was back in hospital having surgery number 2 which ****ed up my facial nerves for the next 6 months.

No couple should have that much to deal with after 6 months together, especially when they are only 15/16. I still don't know why you didn't run, I wouldn't have blamed you if you did. But I am so glad that you didn't. You stuck with me through all that and so much more. You know everything about me. You know how much my 'friends' have hurt me when they don't see it, you know how much my dad can upset me with such small thing. You know how stressed I get over little things. You know that I will freak if I even think about snakes. You are the one who always makes me feel better though. I genuinely don't think I could live without you there to make me smile when things get me down.

And for the first time in out nearly 4 year relationship I finally feel I can pay you back a little. I know you're worried about your grandad but you know I'm here, you know I can help. I owe you so much. I want to look after you the way you have looked after me. I want to be there for you.

And you wonder why I refuse to cry in front of you? Because you have done enough looking after me not to have to see me cry as well.

I love you so much in a way I never thought was possible. I never thought I'd be the one to get the amazing boyfriend and then you came along and changed my life. I never thought I'd be the cheesy one to say stuff like all that either but that's what you do to me and I don't care.

Love you always,
    XxMCRxBabyxX

P.S. I know that if you ever say this you would just say that it's gay but I know that you would love it too! :P

I just had to write that somewhere. Got thinking about stuff last night and realised how lucky I was. Tbh was in tears a little as I am now. i still don't know how I of all people managed such a catch but I don't ever want to let him go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ciagr297

Dear _____,
    I'm not entirely sure why our friendship ended but I always remember you.
    I'm still your friend if you want to be mine
    x
    Dear _____,
    I get a shock every time I think about you. For a second it doesn't seem real but then I remember you're no longer with us.
    I keep thinking we'll see you at Christmas. But we won't, not ever again.
    Sleep well

Dear ______,
    You treated me like crap - partially my fault for letting you do that to me.
    In spite of everything, I still have faith that if you sorted your issues out, you'd be the person I know you can be.
    That said, this nonsense has gone on long enough, I'm not even sure I even want to be friends with you.
    Tell your other girlfriend the truth, I suspect she already knows anyway
    I'm done

Dear ____,
    I underestimated your influence. You made me the non-stick girl I am today. Bravo.
    I hope karma sucks for you
    Love and cuddles

Dear M&D,
    I know I make you both cry sometimes with the things I do. I'm a pain in the a** and yous annoy the bejebus out of me at times but I need you to be around. Please don't go anywhere - I'm trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear E.

Whatever happened you? You were meant to be my friend but those horrible things you said about my sister were uncalled for and yes J did show me those mails you wrote. You would say one thing to me and then run to your other friends and twist everything I said to make me sound horrible and that's why I cut you out of my life and I have never been happier :D

Dear N, B and K

Your so selfish you never thought of others just yourselves. I never did a thing to you EVER! you tried making a my life hard and you succeeded for a short while and caused me to lose out on a big opportunity. Well Karma is a bitch and that's why the three of you are sitting at home doing F**k all minding your babies while your fellas are out riding anything with a heart beat and I'm here making my amazing plans for my future.

Dear M.

You mean so much to me thank you for being amazing, thank you for doing everything I needed you to do when I wasn't sure and for putting up with my crying when I needed to let everything out. I know things were hard when we started out but you have proved to me first hand that I can rely on you for anything. The talks we have are incredible and you make me feel so safe afterwards and it's the best feeling in the world to be with you. You make me feel pretty just when I need to and I love how you can do it without saying a word. I love you so much.

Dear P.

You used to be someone I could count on when things went bad in my life. You used to be my best friend, I am sorry that you wanted more from me and sorry I couldn't give it to you. When I introduced you to my boyfriend I could see the anger in your eyes so you decided to move away without telling me that's when I lost respect for you. You killed our friendship not me.

Dear Dunnes Stores Girl

You don't know me I don't know you! I don't see why you must always throw the money back at me after I pay and for some reason try to charge me extra every time I get you on the till. I have never had any problems with you so I don't see why you are always rude to me but I am beginning to get annoyed after the 6th time of this happening. Careful hunny I am friends with your manager :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Dear granny,

I always want to tell you that I'm so sorry for not visiting you more often. The truth is, it makes me really sad to see you now. I worry that you're scared - 'cause you don't remember who any of us are. I hope you don't think that you're lost somewhere, trapped with strangers. Sometimes it does look like you're frightened, and I can't just sit there watching that, knowing that there is nothing I can do to help you. We all love you so much, and we miss you. I think that's the worst bit - missing someone who is technically still right there. You are so wonderful, please be okay.

Love, Sarah.

Dearest XXXXXXX,

You broke my heart. I can't even begin to expand on that statement, it says it all for me. You broke my heart and I don't know if I will ever be whole again. Even now, all these years later, there are days when the pain of it can be too much to bear. There are days when the rawness, the all consuming grief threatens to swallow me whole. All I did was love you. I didn't mean to get pregnant. It was an accident. It was an accident. It was a sad, sorry accident. I didn't mean it. I don't understand how a person can be so cruel to someone they profess to love the most in the world ever. I don't know how you left me to cope with all of it, I don't understand any of it. I don't understand how this happened to me. All I did was fall in love with a boy and give my heart to him. Why did this happen? I didn't want a termination. But I couldn't give that baby the life he deserved. I didn't want to bring a child into that world, I'd grown up in that world. And when I woke, in that horrible soulless place, I knew I would never feel whole again. And I don't. Not even all these years later. Part of me died that day. I tried to take my own life you know? Couldn't cope with the grief, with the guilt and the shame. But they found me. Made me live again. Even now, I have to watch the grief, mind it doesn't become all encompassing.

I know how wonderful our life could have been, I know you love me still, but I know you are not man enough to have been my husband and our baby's father. I grieve for you both every day. My heart is frozen. I am a shell of a human being. I will never be whole again, never. I will never forgive myself. I will carry this shame forever. I will miss you and miss our child forever. It haunts me still. It will haunt me forever.

All my love,

XXXX

Dear Boardies,

Thank you for helping me through the worse few days of my life when I decided to quit drinking and got the shock of my life realising how difficult it would be. Thank you for all yer words of encouragement and compassion, you will never know what it meant to someone who couldnt tell the outside world what a bad fix I had gotten myself into.

Thank you Karen, who knows my username and offered help with such readiness and kind arse kicking for helping me to keep a grip on it.

Over a year sober, not ashamed and degraded by my addiction and never looking back!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Dearest XXXXXXX,

I didn't want a termination. But I couldn't give that baby the life he deserved. I didn't want to bring a child into that world, I'd grown up in that world. And when I woke, in that horrible soulless place, I knew I would never feel whole again.

For what it's worth, I know how you feel, because I went through the same thing.I know that gut wrenching ,soul destroying pain you're going through after. At one point I was in the bathroom, holding my hands over my belly, knowing this was the last moment I would have with my baby alive inside me.. And although you feel now as though the pain will never ever leave, eventually it will get better. The pain will always be there, but bearable. Allow yourself to grieve properly for as long as needed, if you can, talk to other people about it, please don't struggle with this alone. You are in my heart and I am thinking of you.

It will get better, I promise...

V,

I love you. There, I said it. Not to your face...maybe someday.
    Maybe someday, if the time is right. Maybe after college, so that you dont have to see me once I say it.
    I know that you dont, and never will, feel the way for me, as I do about you.
    Thats fine I guess. Maybe someday I'll be able to see you with other guys without getting sad. It cuts me up to hear how badly you have been treated by some people in the past. Whoever would cheat on you didn't ever deserve you in the first place.

I'm sure you know how I feel about you. I don't think it could be more obvious some of the time. 3 other people have picked up on it.
    And thats why I cant understand why you went off with him right in front of my face. Twice.
    Was it to hurt me? To give me a message? Or were you just drunk. Your (semi) apology helped, a little. But it hurt.

I'm sorry I feel this way. The last thing I want to do is ruin a friendship. But I might have to. Sooner or later, for the good of my own sanity. Though sometimes I wonder whether you even see me as a friend or just as a class mate who you happen to get along with.
    Whenever I'm feeling down, and you ask whats bothering me I always say college or something like that. But its you. Always.
    I'm sorry.

M.

I needed that. Thanks for this thread :D I know that my issue isn't a patch on what some of you guys have, and are going through. But it's good to vent sometimes.

All the best. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My things I want to say to people?

Thank you for all your contributions to this thread. It has made for sometimes sobering reading, sometimes sad reading, but most of all pretty inspiring reading. Kudos.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Novella wrote: »
    Dear granny,

I always want to tell you that I'm so sorry for not visiting you more often. The truth is, it makes me really sad to see you now. I worry that you're scared - 'cause you don't remember who any of us are. I hope you don't think that you're lost somewhere, trapped with strangers. Sometimes it does look like you're frightened, and I can't just sit there watching that, knowing that there is nothing I can do to help you. We all love you so much, and we miss you. I think that's the worst bit - missing someone who is technically still right there. You are so wonderful, please be okay.

Love, Sarah.

I'd like to think that in her head maybe she isn't lost. That maybe she's lost to you, but safe and happy with different memories in a different place.
    I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and your family, and my heart and best wishes are with you all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dear you,

I can't get you out of my head right now. All day and all night, thoughts of you are swirling around, demanding attention. Some happy, some ... not happy. I want to see you. But you just hurt me time and time again. Every time I'm exposed to you I seem to get hurt. And it's gotten to the point where the wound will never heal. It's too deeply scarred from being repeatedly reopened. I didn't even like you that much often, but I loved you so much. I still Facebook stalk you at least once a week, even though I no longer have access to your page. I just like to see if your profile picture has changed.

Sooner or later, I'm going to give in. Like every time. I wish that just once you'd give in. It would make me feel so much less pathetic. I hate the way you have all the power; you have since the minute I realised I loved you. It kills me that you just don't seem to care. You'll never know how much your actions crippled my self-esteem. And still temporarily knock it, when I think of the many ways in which you rejected me. It's beyond me how a simple action can still hurt me as much now as it did during the height of our relationship.

If I was a better, stronger person, I'd have forgotten all about you by now. But I'm not that person, at least not when it comes to you. I'm just me - weak, pathetic me. So I'm going to text you and ask you to catch up some time, and there'll be a teeny tiny part of me that hopes we'll end up in bed together, just for old times' sake - but most of me will be prepared for you rejecting me in one way or another yet again.

For such a nice guy, you really are an asshole.

Dear X,

You'll never know how much you did for me. One simple sentence helped me move on more than anyone could imagine. We didn't spend much time together, but I was a new person afterwards. I've never had so much self-confidence as I do since that night. I don't know what you think of me any more, but it doesn't matter hugely. I just wanted to say thanks, because I'll never do it in real life :).

Dear hot boy,

Look, I still fancy you. Let's just have sex and get it out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Mum,

You're amazing. Absolutely amazing. No matter how often I said it to you, it wasn't enough. It couldn't ever be enough. I'm so sorry for everything that happened to you. I'm sorry that you worked your whole life for us and never got to enjoy the retirement you'd so carefully planned. I'm sorry you were sick. I'm sorry that you were so young. I'm sorry that you were in such pain. I'm sorry we never talked about what would happen afterwards. I'm really, really sorry I don't know how you wanted me to be without you. But mostly, I'm sorry you're not here. I'll never stop wishing that you were.

Grá mór,
    D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just had a quick read love this thread, great idea OP. :) Plenty to say in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Dear father,

You are a fat slimey mess. You left your wife, daughter and son for one person. And she's in bits! Lol!

I know by the way you tried to talk to me at nannys funeral this week that you are very guilty. You saw my son (your grandson) for the first time. It's kills you inside. I can tell and I am delighted for you.

Your supposed to by my father. My guidance. But I'll give you a lesson in life - The grass isn't greener on the other side.

I think about you everyday the last 6 years but I don't miss you. You left my mother in a complete mess. Mortgage, bills etc and still try and live life. I hate you even more writing this now.

Slán leat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I love you. There, I said it. Not to your face...maybe someday.

Go on. Tell her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

dear bullies

you tormented me in school calling me ugly and stupid , making me hate myself because i wasn't a scumbag and i wanted to get a good education. Well almost all of you had kids as soon as you left school , married the first guy who you could find and found meaningless jobs. I hope that somebody treats you or your children the way you treated me as you made me feel worthless. I have found the best fiancée in the world and im saving for a nice house. All i can thank you for is making me as strong willed , over opinionated and confident because you were all self conscious you picked on the quiet girl who wouldn't talk back.

Dear Y

We met on the internet
    we talked for 3 weeks
    we met and kissed the first night
    We professed our love after 3 days
    I asked you to marry me the next
    You said yes
    No one believed we could really be in love so soon
    everyone said it was a mistake
    you cant trust a foreign girl you met on the interntet
    well **** them, I know my heart and you know yours
    10 years on and we are stronger then ever :) our love grows each day
    10 years we have been through everything but we never lost sight of our love
    we met and agreed to marry after 4 days and 10 years later were the picture of happyness
    and who says that there is no such thing as love at first sight
    i love you Y
    Always and forever
    we proved the world wrong
    you proved my heart right
    you make everything beautiful
    I love you endlessly as you love me
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

HI im new here, things i wanna say hmmmmmmm
    Yes you are getting fat and your crap at sex:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Happy anon wrote: »
    Dear Y

We met on the internet
    we talked for 3 weeks
    we met and kissed the first night
    We professed our love after 3 days
    I asked you to marry me the next
    You said yes
    No one believed we could really be in love so soon
    everyone said it was a mistake
    you cant trust a foreign girl you met on the interntet
    well **** them, I know my heart and you know yours
    10 years on and we are stronger then ever :) our love grows each day
    10 years we have been through everything but we never lost sight of our love
    we met and agreed to marry after 4 days and 10 years later were the picture of happyness
    and who says that there is no such thing as love at first sight
    i love you Y
    Always and forever
    we proved the world wrong
    you proved my heart right
    you make everything beautiful
    I love you endlessly as you love me
    x

It brought tears to my eyes. It reads like a poem! Well written happiness and love to you both! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Faith wrote: »
    Dear you,

I can't get you out of my head right now. All day and all night, thoughts of you are swirling around, demanding attention. Some happy, some ... not happy. I want to see you. But you just hurt me time and time again. Every time I'm exposed to you I seem to get hurt. And it's gotten to the point where the wound will never heal. It's too deeply scarred from being repeatedly reopened. I didn't even like you that much often, but I loved you so much. I still Facebook stalk you at least once a week, even though I no longer have access to your page. I just like to see if your profile picture has changed.

Sooner or later, I'm going to give in. Like every time. I wish that just once you'd give in. It would make me feel so much less pathetic. I hate the way you have all the power; you have since the minute I realised I loved you. It kills me that you just don't seem to care. You'll never know how much your actions crippled my self-esteem. And still temporarily knock it, when I think of the many ways in which you rejected me. It's beyond me how a simple action can still hurt me as much now as it did during the height of our relationship.

If I was a better, stronger person, I'd have forgotten all about you by now. But I'm not that person, at least not when it comes to you. I'm just me - weak, pathetic me. So I'm going to text you and ask you to catch up some time, and there'll be a teeny tiny part of me that hopes we'll end up in bed together, just for old times' sake - but most of me will be prepared for you rejecting me in one way or another yet again.

For such a nice guy, you really are an asshole.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this exact problem!

I gave in the other day. It really weird cause I know it will end with me getting hurt again but I just can't stop myself! I'm defying my own logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I miss you so so much dad
    People say it gets easier but it really doesnt. When i look at photos of you, it feels like i only saw you yesterday. I miss all the advice you gave me

What i wouldnt give to spend just 1 more hour with you

Advertisement