Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not really a fan of the song. let's hope it's one of the weaker tracks on the album. Or maybe it will grow on me. Hopefully it will.

As for the artwork? If it's not Derek Riggs, it's never going to a classic.

Talkin of Riggs, whats everyone's fav Riggs artwork?

One of mine is Aces High, Eddie just looks so menacing

aceshigh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

scudzilla wrote: »
    Talkin of Riggs, whats everyone's fav Riggs artwork?

One of mine is Aces High, Eddie just looks so menacing

Gotta be either 'Killers' or Somewhere in Time' for me. I love all the background stuff on SIT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I quite like the artwork, it's certainly better than a matter of life and death and dance of death (the latter having pretty awful artwork, despite an otherwise very good album). It's more like classic maiden covers.

I wasn't sure of the song at first but it's definitly growing on me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

My favourite artwork is definitely Powerslave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

i was really looking forward to El Dorado bit dissapointed but can see it growing on me . vocALS are a bit flat but hopefully they're saving the best. :P
    still cant wait till july!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That tune is pretty good. Took a few listens to get into it but it bodes well for the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

starting to get more into the new track the more i listen to it.
    killers or somewhere in time would be my favourite artwork from riggs

Here's a link to the setlist on the opening night of the tour last night

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2010/superpagescom-center-dallas-tx-43d42fd3.html

Sure is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

The new song really took a few listens for me to get into.
    I'm loving it now though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2010/superpagescom-center-dallas-tx-43d42fd3.html

Sure is interesting

Nothing from Powerslave?

Or Piece of mind?

I thought they'd surely play some tracks off them at every gig. :confused:

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »
    Nothing from Powerslave?

Or Piece of mind?

I thought they'd surely play some tracks off them at every gig. :confused:

Didn't they say before the Somewhere Back in Time Tour that they'd be using that tour to play some of the older tracks for the last time and put them to bed for a while?

Yeah, this tour will mostly consist of newer stuff and songs that were made when Bruce rejoined.

Anybody ever see this video? Feckin hilarious, from a German TV show (like Top of the Pops) in 1986.
    Story is the band we getting extremely pissed off with TV shows and how they were treated, so they decided to have some fun (Apart from Adrian who thought that it would hurt the band's reputation!!)

I remember that from the 12 Wasted Years video (VHS - remember those?). Good stuff alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahh yes, it was some music show that refused to let the band play live, so Maiden refused to play along with miming the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Maiden lads got the tour of Johnson Space Center in Texas the other day. They're big fans of the Space programme.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1219

This gives me the opportunity to post this video which combines 2 of my loves,Spaceflight and Heavy Metal. These guys put together mission highlight videos which are set to music,this one is from STS-125 in May '09 on the final repair mission of the Hubble Telescope.

http://www.maxqent.com/main.php?q=sts125video001-dream-of-mirrors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Sure is interesting

pretty lame setlist bar the last 6 songs ,well for me anyway ,am bored of the new maiden stuf just too repedative the long songs with long choruses are just a snorefest brave new worl will always be the best of the new ones but there taking the p**s now ,still not level with an interview with lars ulrich though ha ha

And I'm bored with Run to the Hills, Fear of the Dark,...
    If you want to hear their old stuff you should have gone to the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

This is in support of the new album and it's a different setlist from what they've been doing for the last years.

And there's still tons of great songs there.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    And I'm bored with Run to the Hills, Fear of the Dark,...
    If you want to hear their old stuff you should have gone to the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

This is in support of the new album and it's a different setlist from what they've been doing for the last years.

And there's still tons of great songs there.

i would have gone but the scaldy c**ts wouldnt come here on the tour ,and im not made of money.i know its supporting the new album but they should have a lot of classics in there and less new stuff one of the last times i went to see them they played the whole of their new album i fel asleep .

most bands will play maybe 3 new tunes and whip out mostly classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Listened to the No Prayer album for the first time in years and it is unreal!

Mother Russia, unreal tune.

• Advertisement

FunkZ wrote: »
    Listened to the No Prayer album for the first time in years and it is unreal!

Mother Russia, unreal tune.

hell yea now your talking ,they should be doing sets with at least two songs from every album

hell yea now your talking ,they should be doing sets with at least two songs from every album

even Virtual XI?

even virtual IX!!! ,i liked that album futureal is a great tune ,it does have some of those new style long drawn out maiden songs on it but some goods ones id pick clansman and futureal from this one

dont look to the eys of a stranger is long and like a gangster movie but still that part near the end is great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Flight 666 on blu ray is now 11.99 at play.com, half the price I paid less than a fortnight ago. Well worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I tried re-listening to A Matter Of Life And Death there tonight... Can't shake the feeling that it was way too pedestrian and trying too hard to be a prog album more than it had to be...

Still, some good moments on it, but nowhere near what they are capable of, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

rednik wrote: »
    Flight 666 on blu ray is now 11.99 at play.com, half the price I paid less than a fortnight ago. Well worth the money.

Thank you! i've been trying to get this for so long but anywhere i've checked it's always cost around double this or more. Total bargain imo, it's the same price as the dvd on play!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

rednik wrote: »

Thank you thank you thank you!

Just in case anyone is getting stuff on Amazon.co.uk. Flight 666 is now £8.99 there.

New Maiden video on their website. Like 'El Dorado' I wasn't too impressed on the first listen but that's grown on me a bit (although I still don't think it's as good as any of the other 2nd Bruce era stuff) so maybe this will too.

The video itself is a bit crap I think and the special effects noises from it sometimes take over the video and drown out the music.

I'm apprehensive about this album now

• Advertisement

The video and the volume of the effects are very distracting when trying to listen to the song.

Upon first listen it actually sounds a bit like Bruce did vocally for the Skunkworks album and that tour.

Advertisement