Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

AFAIK, you can't register with a club after 1st April, though I could be wrong - I'm not involved with a mens club, but I remember looking at something recently about the online registration system.

edit - though tbh, I can't see why members cannot register after that, especially if just beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

You can register/join with a club at any point in the year as long as you are a "free agent" and don't require a transfer from another club. You only need to be registered before a certain date to have voting rights in AGMs etc.

In answer to the OP's query, yes ring the manager and he will be able to give you all the information regarding training times etc.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mjmccaffrey

I am looking to get involved in playing gaelic football in Dublin this season. Does anyone know of any clubworth joining.Am only an average footballer so not looking to join the Kilmacud 'A' tem or anything like that.Just something thats a bit of fun and good for keeping fit
    Hi, I play for a AFL 6 division team in Dublin, with great facilities in Islandbridge which is one of the most central locations for any GAA club
    Check out our link on facebook and join or send us a message @ http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_208819902486241&ap=1

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm not going to be doing any thing for the next few months over the summer and was thinking of joining the local football team but what's the rules for this? Is there any time, like end or start of season, when your supposed to join or can I basically ring the manager anytime and ask to join in a training session? Is the manager even the right person to ring?
    Check our club based in Islandbridge - our facebook link is http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_208819902486241&ap=1
    or you can contact our manager John on 0863984115

We are based in Islandbridge which for a GAA club is a great central location and we also have great facilities - if you are interested please reply or check our our facebook page on http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_208819902486241&ap=1

Alternatively you can ring our manager John on 0863984115 - Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm not going to be doing any thing for the next few months over the summer and was thinking of joining the local football team but what's the rules for this? Is there any time, like end or start of season, when your supposed to join or can I basically ring the manager anytime and ask to join in a training session? Is the manager even the right person to ring?

St James Gaels
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Code (football): Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in training/playing ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.matches on sunday afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

celtic123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just moved to dublin am looking for a hurling time to train with during the week. I play hurling for a club in sligo so looking for somewhere that the standard isn't too high:)

Based in the north side, hope ye can help!

I play football for st brendans. However, we also have a hurling team which has a number of lads training with them who play for clubs down the country. we are fairly centrally located i.e. in grangegorman (between Phibsboro, McGowans and Smithfield). If you want to check out out our website or message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

Club Name:St Brendans GAA Grangegorman
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Gaelic Football, Hurling
    Level played: AFL 9 and AFL 11N
    Contact details:Eugene Cunningham 0861731984 www.stbrendansgaa.org
    Any other info: We are a very centrally located GAA Club which has been in existence for over 90 years and field 2 Gaelic Football teams and a Hurling Team. The team was originally made up of staff of the Psychiatric Hospital whose grounds we use. But in the last number of years our playing base has grown to include lads from every corner of Ireland and even from abroad. We train twice a week in Grangegorman at 7pm for football and 6:30pm for hurling (unless there are thursday evening games). We will be remaining in Grangegorman when DIT move in. At that stage we will have access to their facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Realt Dearg are in the middle of a recruitment drive. See below:

5750968703_fe55e97700_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Club Name:Réalt Dearg Hurling Club
    Code : Hurling
    Level played:Junior E, Junior F, AHL 8 and AHL9
    Contact details:www.realtdearg.ie or realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com
    Any other info: New club set up in 2010, already have two adult hurling teams competing in Dublin Junior Championship. As seen above Barrack Obama may or may not be a handy wing forward of ours! players of all levels welcome, we hope to win our way up the divisions as quickly as possible but also maintain a team that will be suitable for lads returning to the game after breaks or only starting up etc. If you want more info just ask here or by contacting a committee member, still time to join up for 2011 season, not even half way through yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stucarey79

31 years of age lad here from dublin looking to try learn and play a bit of football ..Played soccer all my life at at a decent standard love watching gaa so would love to give it a go havent played the game since primary so would be a complete novice at the game is there any teams out there looking for new players to join..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 InterUrMa

I've just had to relocate from Limerick up to Dublin and am looking for a decent soccer team to play for. I've played all my life and at a decent standard. Premier Div in Limerick for Wembley Rovers and Fairview Rangers. Any form of soocer will do, 11 a side, 5 a side Astro, Indoor, ANY. Please PM me if you are looking to get in a few players for the pre season, hopefully you won't be dissappointed. Cheers...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You might want to try the soccer forum rather that the GAA forum if you're trying for a soccer game. I would suggest you read this thread and find a local GAA club to give it a try

St James Gaels
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in training/playing ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in training/playing ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.

Training has switched to Tuesday&Thursday @7.30 for next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

Club Name: Tyrrelstown
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Football
    Level played:Junior E
    Contact details:Charlie Cleary 083 4088152
    Any other info: Training most Tues & Thurs at BIT. Club in our second year, looking to build our team. Currently have a good core group but always could do with a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I'm a 25 year-old looking to get back into football after a long hiatus! Any clubs around South Belfast that would be suitable? I'd be looking to start at a low level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'm a 25 year-old looking to get back into football after a long hiatus! Any clubs around South Belfast that would be suitable? I'd be looking to start at a low level

You should look at Breda who play in the Down league and play on the Ravenhill Road. Nice welcoming bunch, have a couple of junior teams as well as one playing at a good intermediate standard I think.

Also in South Belfast and playing in Antrim are St. Bridgid's who are on the Lisburn or Malone Rd I'm not sure. Again, big enough club, should have a team for all standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dedamcd

Hi Im looking to train with a ladies football team in Galway city during the week but cant seem to get a hold of anyone. (Intermediate/senior) Would be great if anyone had any contacts. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Réalt Dearg in Terenure are always welcoming new players. We're going on a hurling tour of Scotland in October once championship is over and have international hurling vs shinty matches arranged for then. As you can guess we are an extremely proactive club for one that is so new.

We have managed to get both our teams into championship county quarter finals which will be played at the end of August with the A team still in the hunt for the league title as well. We are open to players of any age or ability. Even if you just want to train and not play matches the more we have at training the better.

The A team has plenty of good hurlers who would have played at least inter or junior in other good hurling counties and we also have beginners taking up the sport. You'd be amazed at how fast lads pick it up, some of the better players on the B team are lads who literally only picked up a hurl for the first time last year and just went hell for leather at it, trained 3+ nights a week and on their own and have developed the skills at an amazing rate!

We have great craic in the club too with everyone getting along and none of the cliques you might expect in a long established club. If you are interested in getting involved or want to see our matches, visit www.realtdearg.ie and contact one of the committee members about training times etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lifehacker

Looking to join a football team for training etc. in the north dublin area... played when I was younger and now 20 looking to revive the passion.

Any info from those out there with a bit more knowlede would be great!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

Hey moving up to DCU to do a masters in Sept and was hoping to join a Junior hurling club nearby.

I'm 23 and have played one game in my life when a local team was stuck for a player recently and really enjoyed it so was hoping to try give it a go, obviously at very low grade.

Would be delighted with the fitness, craic and perfecting the skills if nothing else.

Have played football when i was younger, and would consider joining a football team too for the same reasons.

I know the seasons nearly over now but even a few ideas for next season would be warmly welcomed in the general area around DCU.

Thanks!!

Snacker wrote: »
    Hey moving up to DCU to do a masters in Sept and was hoping to join a Junior hurling club nearby.

I'm 23 and have played one game in my life when a local team was stuck for a player recently and really enjoyed it so was hoping to try give it a go, obviously at very low grade.

Would be delighted with the fitness, craic and perfecting the skills if nothing else.

Have played football when i was younger, and would consider joining a football team too for the same reasons.

I know the seasons nearly over now but even a few ideas for next season would be warmly welcomed in the general area around DCU.

Thanks!!

Junior Hurling - Na Fianna down on Mobhi Road is a short walk from DCU. Excellent club, very good facilities. Have a few football teams from junior up to senior also.

lifehacker wrote: »
    Looking to join a football team for training etc. in the north dublin area... played when I was younger and now 20 looking to revive the passion.

Any info from those out there with a bit more knowlede would be great!

Cheers

Where are you based? Dozens of clubs you could join in north Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aidanwg

did you get sorted with a hurling club.I am with a newly establised hurling team in North Co Dublin,we play in Div 9.Mix of local's/country lads,always looking for new players.training one day weekly(no fitness training,just skills)rgds.A

did you get sorted ?I play junior F with Wild Geese(just n/w of airport),we train once a week,skills only.I did what yur at 4 Roscommon hurling club for years,once you do not have to travel home for training,tis grand.We'd be happy to have you train with us.Monday nights,indoor from 12th Sept ,Ward Astro at 2030.Thx.A

almat1981 wrote: »
    I am a very unfit 30 year old hurler looking for a club to train to get fit have not played in 9 years but was at a high level then . Just wanna get involved again / get fit i have probably have lost all ball skills . Ideally looking for Any clubs in the stoneybatter / phoenix park area looking for members . Will travel to greater Dublin area for any other clubs . This is mainly cause I now have the time to do it again and i know I won't make a team but just wanna get involved again.

P.s if this is in the wrong forum mod please move to the approiate one .

Did you sorted with a hurling club ? I am with a newly established hurling team in north co dublin,we play in div 9.Train one day a week,mondays,indoors from 12sept 2030 ward astro.No fitness training/just skill's.Rgds.A

Daysha wrote: »
    Hi :)

Over the last few months we've seen quite a number of threads popping up where people are either looking for a new club to join, or a poster representing a club wants to advertise for new players and the like. With that in mind we've set up this new thread so posters can either spread the word about who they play for, or find out more about other GAA clubs without cluttering the rest of the forum.

If this is successful we would hope that in time this will be a great reference guide for people to find out as much information as possible about the clubs in their area. As well as that, if anyone is looking for a club to join in a particular county just give a shout out here and something should crop up. Any threads in the future advertising a certain club will be merged into this one, and I've also posted up a little template if people wish to use that as a starting point to telling us a bit about the club and what you do!

Same rules apply as per the rest of the forum, no spamming, no posting of personal details, particularly if you wish to exchange mobile numbers please do so via PM.

Club Name:Wild Geese
    Code (hurling/football/handball):junior F hurling /Junior D football
    Level played:
    Contact details:aidan
    Any other info:
    alenehan@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RidiculousHair

Lads (and girls?), I've been reading this and other posts on joining up a GAA club....i'm 24, and am looking to give hurling a bit of a go. I've never played before, but would really be up for giving it a shot.

I'm living in the city centre (D1 area), but am flexible enough in terms of travelling to somewhere in the Dublin area. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a good club to join, somewhere that would be put up with a total novice..any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm pretty eager, so would like to think my enthusiasm might make up for my obvious lack of skill! Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Pikeman

Lads (and girls?), I've been reading this and other posts on joining up a GAA club....i'm 24, and am looking to give hurling a bit of a go. I've never played before, but would really be up for giving it a shot.

I'm living in the city centre (D1 area), but am flexible enough in terms of travelling to somewhere in the Dublin area. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a good club to join, somewhere that would be put up with a total novice..any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm pretty eager, so would like to think my enthusiasm might make up for my obvious lack of skill! Cheers

Réalt Dearg would be ideal so. We had plenty of beginners in last couple of years-Germans, Polish, Canadians and even Cavan lads played with us and improved it up in no time. Season is pretty much coming to an end now though so I'd wait til we start back in January/Feb.

www.realtdearg.ie

Advertisement