Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Still waiting for my xmas single, this is the first time in years that the I havent received the single the same time as anyone else :mad:.

Lets get a definitive shows of hands (or posts) of those on boards who'll be touring this year. Im only doing the two uk shows this time but I have a feeling there is gonna be a lot of irish over there!

Anyone heading to Manchester for the sunday before the show, afaik there is a big session being orgnised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

i'm doin all four..we should have a meet up:) i know theres a few on..

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

redmosquito - i only got my single this morning wouldnt worry about it

just doing the Manchester show - bloody recession

redmosquito - i only got my single this morning wouldnt worry about it

just doing the Manchester show - bloody recession

Feeling the same, down to 20 hours a week at work but couldnt miss the uk shows! Also trying to get money together to possibly head the far east for a month in november so cutting things very tight !!

Im too lazy check where the big meet up is on the sunday in manchester but I know a big pub has already been earmarked, what day is everyone heading to manchester?

there are no direct flights from Berlin to Manchester so we're flying to London&renting a car and driving up. Should be fun:) we're flying from Manchester to London next day though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Quacksalber

was a huge PJ fan back in the days of Ten but the later albums never really did it for me. That said Pearl Jam live in Millstreet was best gig I've ever been to, closely followed by Audioslave in the point (hmmm ok its a tie).

Any Ten fans out there should also check out soundgarden's album Superunknown also the band Live's album Throwing Copper - both on a par with ten. All from same era Seattle Grunge. Great stuff.

Both great bands but on a par with Ten? nah...Superunknown is brilliant though.

Pearl Jam scheduled as musical guest for the June 1st premiere of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien!

Pearl Jam is scheduled to appear as the inaugural musical guest for the June 1, 2009 premiere of “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.” The band will perform SONGS from their upcoming studio album.

Conan O'Brien, the dominant late-night host at 12:35 a.m. (ET) for the past 14 seasons, will succeed Jay Leno as host of the preeminent series on late-night television, NBC's "The Tonight Show," on June 1, 2009.

Please check local listings for air details.

Monday, May 18, 2009

The new Pearl Jam album

I'm sat in a PR's hotel room at The Edgewater listening to the new Pearl Jam record - a release form I've just signed means that I can't tell you the song titles, while it doesn't even have a name yet. Yet what I can tell you, it's that it's ever, ever so punchy. Eddies vocals sound more honeyed than raspy and there's a ballad stuck right in the middle that's just him and a guitar, but is absolutely drenched in strings. There's hardly any guitar leads either - personally I'm a fan of that anti-alt-rock thing* and I'd like to see them bust some more of that stuff out. But as collections of garage-y rock go, it's not like you miss them...

( *What I mean by that, is that I never cared much about all the accusations that Pearl Jam were corporate cock rock - I always liked them because they were corporate cock rock (not that a band who've spent all but two of their years trying to sabotage their status as one of the biggest rock bands on the face of the planet could be described thus anymore). Just as some of my favourite music is righteous indie rock - Fugazi, Beat Happening, Bikini Kill - some of my favourite music - AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Guns 'N Roses - is corporate cock rock. It's a genre I most definitely enjoy...)

Y'know, it's hard to make sense of records when you've only heard them once, and the view from the hotel window (sea, seabirds, boats and far off mountains) is kinda distracting - I wonder what it'll sound like on a wet, ****ty morning in east London? But while I'd like to hear it again - aye, first impressions are promising.

Posted by James McMahon at 1:48 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Monday, May 18, 2009

The new Pearl Jam album
    Yet what I can tell you, it's that it's ever, ever so punchy,
    honeyed,
    strings!?!
    hardly any guitar leads either!?!?!!!

That's not my Pearl Jam!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I don't believe it's real. Firstly, why would this one guy get to hear it, and no one else (if not review it, at least mention they heard it)? Secondly, most of the review is his own view on 'anti-alt-rock'. Thirdly, he talks about being distracted by what's out the window.

Good news!
    dunno if it's ben posted but the tonight show is available in Ireland on NTL channel 204! means we'll see the Pj lads on June 2nd or possibly 3rd as it's a day or 2 late of the American broadcast.
    hope this helps...

Also-the 'review' was very real..he's an editor for NME and also, 10c or Pj management had him take the blog down it seems 'cos it's gone..

Good news!
    dunno if it's ben posted but the tonight show is available in Ireland on NTL channel 204! means we'll see the Pj lads on June 2nd or possibly 3rd as it's a day or 2 late of the American broadcast.
    hope this helps...

Also-the 'review' was very real..he's an editor for NME and also, 10c or Pj management had him take the blog down it seems 'cos it's gone..

He's an editor for NME!? No wonder that magazine is such a piece of crap these days :rolleyes::pac:

Just in case any other collectors havent seen, some of the past fan club singles are up for sale in the goods section (95, 99, 03, 04, 06, 07). Free, but $7 shipping for each and must be got seperately! Picked me up 95-03 this evening while having another shopping binge over there!!

Couldn't really afford them, so I only bought '99 (it being my favourite Christmas single). I like the 10C email which says orders should be received in 4-5 days, or 4-7 weeks international :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Tom65 wrote: »
    Couldn't really afford them, so I only bought '99 (it being my favourite Christmas single). I like the 10C email which says orders should be received in 4-5 days, or 4-7 weeks international :p

There was an email?! :confused: 2nd time I haven't gotten 10c mails :(

jenizzle wrote: »
    There was an email?! :confused: 2nd time I haven't gotten 10c mails :(

Nope, it was the "thank you for your order" email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Does anyone know how I can watch Conan O Brien in Ireland??! Can't wait for the new songs!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sos33

anyone else into pearl jam here? been into them from the beginning and i celebrate their whole catalog. eddie's solo into the wild soundtrack was brilliant too. just wanted to see if anyone else out there is a huge fan. supposedly working on their new album now...its been 3 years...way overdue. cant wait to see what they put out this time. one of the things i love about pearl jam is their ability to be diverse and change with the times. ive seen them about 10 times in concert and you cannot beat it for the money and amount of songs they play.

seen them in the point in 03 i think it was best gig i seen in years played for over 2 hours,acording to this months classic rock they are playing 2 gigs in london in august so we might see them on our side of the water with a new album fingers crossed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Does anyone know how I can watch Conan O Brien in Ireland??! Can't wait for the new songs!! :D

On the previous page...
    Good news!
    hope this helps...

Also...
    sos33 wrote: »
    seen them in the point in 03 i think it was best gig i seen in years played for over 2 hours,acording to this months classic rock they are playing 2 gigs in london in august so we might see them on our side of the water with a new album fingers crossed

They played here in '03?!

• Advertisement

On the previous page...

Also...

Cheers jenizzle :)

Really looking forward to this, finally new songs!:D

A lot of people on 10C are thinking that this is a taster for a new single or even the whole album the day after. that would be too sweet! :cool:

On the previous page...

Also...

not to sure on the year lets just say it was between 02-04 ,must have a look for the tickets and find out for sure,the brain is not what it used to be:(

Lol I wish! He must be thinking of 00 or 06 ;)

Lol I wish! He must be thinking of 00 or 06 ;)

thank you thebigcheese22 looks like the old noggin is not past its sell buy date just yet ,"now where is my walking stick";)

Pj didnt play here in 02 or 03..it was 2000 and then 2006

by the way...got a leak of the new single recorded live last night in Seattle at the videotaping for the new single..this song kicks the **** out of everything on avacado..its brilliant!

Pj didnt play here in 02 or 03..it was 2000 and then 2006

by the way...got a leak of the new single recorded live last night in Seattle at the videotaping for the new single..this song kicks the **** out of everything on avacado..its brilliant!

Ya, does sound good, but im gonna reserve judgement until I hear a clear version next week presumably! This whole craic with Target seems a bit odd, obviously if they are using them for distribution it makes a bit more sense.

For anyone who wants to hear the audience recording head on over to antiquiet.com. (After being registered here now for a few years im still not sure if posting links is ok :rolleyes:)

the song is amazin..its light years better than any of the ST stuff..love it so much..our boys are back lads..and its lookin brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

they are fantastic.

footsteps is the most amazing song.

ahhh.
    i love ten.

i love them =D

new pearl jam song..live on Conan O Brien

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDI9T8YG

• Advertisement

Advertisement