Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passengers Travelling from River Plate Argentina

Options
  • 11-10-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've been tracing my ancestors emmigration to Argentina & back, and have been lucky enough to track down quite a bit from the factual side of things.

I have marriage cert of the couple in Buenos Aires from1885
    The notice of the marriage placed in the Southern Cross Buenos Aires
    Baptismal cert of their first child born in Buenos Aires, as well various photos
    icnluding photos of John J Murphy who encouraged many of the emmigrants to travel to South America.

That said I'm struggling to find their Departure or Arrival in Buenos Aires.
    The attached record from Ancestry ticks all the boxes for their Arrival
    in Southampton from Buenos Aires via Antwerp ...bar one
    and that's that
    they had two childern two years between them, Annastasia/ Anna & Johanna//Joan respectivley.
    I know they had retuned by 1891 as they had a boy Born in Ireland that year.

Could the passenger list I've attached be the original or transcribed ??
    I don't have ancestry access to check the actual record details.

Name Ellen Roche
    Birth Date 1860
    Age 30
    Port of Departure River Plate, South America
    Arrival Date 18 Nov 1890
    Port of Arrival Southampton, England
    Ship Name Leibnitz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

The image looks like the original passenger list; there are two children Anna 4, and Joseph 2. Maybe whoever drew up the passenger list wrote Joanna as Joseph by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

KildareFan wrote: »
    The image looks like the original passenger list; there are two children Anna 4, and Joseph 2. Maybe whoever drew up the passenger list wrote Joanna as Joseph by mistake?

That's what I was thinking but as I'm a stickler for facts, I might see if there's any passenger records held at the first port antwerp maybe..

Advertisement