Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-08-2020, 17:55   #1906
HairySalmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonerkinsella View Post
I think it will be €350 and 450.
I’d be surprised if it’s €400 to be honest considering the tech that’s inside of it. I’m thinking €450-500.

I think the loss they’d take to get it to €350 would be crazy. That’s considering the much weaker at the time PS4 was €400. The only special thing about that was the 8GB of expensive GDDR5 RAM.

The PS5 has the newest APU with an SSD that’s faster than what’s available on the current market. That all adds up.
Advertisement
06-08-2020, 10:41   #1907
recyclops

will my full ps digital library be available on ps5 from day one. reason i am asking is i am wondering if i should still pick up digi games on sale even though i have sold my ps4 if i see them at a reasonable price
06-08-2020, 10:51   #1908
Mitch Connor

I've been thinking 450 and 500 for the PS5 variants. I think the Series X will be 500. I could see Lockheart at 400, given its not just diskless, apparently the general specs will be lower as well. So it is probably a box for playing the latest games (with SSD and all that jazz, but at 1080, not 4k)
06-08-2020, 11:02   #1909
Retr0gamer
Category Moderator

Lockhart I heard is aiming for 1440p... but then that's all rumours.
06-08-2020, 11:32   #1910
Markitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclops View Post
will my full ps digital library be available on ps5 from day one. reason i am asking is i am wondering if i should still pick up digi games on sale even though i have sold my ps4 if i see them at a reasonable price
Not every game is guaranteed to work, but yea you should be fine
Advertisement
06-08-2020, 21:38   #1911
Varik

New PS5 game got shown, looks like stealthy For Honor.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends.

Also more Godfall got shown.
06-08-2020, 21:48   #1912
Mr Crispy

And Bugsnax!
06-08-2020, 21:50   #1913
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
What was the point of that State of Play FFS lol

Just ****ing give people the information they actually want and stop dicking around.

Imagine the meltdown online after people watching that knowing they could have easily had a ps5 event tonight instead!

Crash Bandicoot looks good but everything else most won't care.
06-08-2020, 21:54   #1914
recyclops

Between them and ms this is a bit of a **** show now, 3 months out from mid November and nothing from either. Infuriating.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-08-2020, 22:00   #1915
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclops View Post
Between them and ms this is a bit of a **** show now, 3 months out from mid November and nothing from either. Infuriating.

Like we all knew we were getting nothing tonight anyway so its grand but still FFS just get on with it.

If there seriously holding off just to undercut MS by a few euro then what a load of wank

People are gonna buy the bloody console one way or another just let us pre-order it at least!
10-08-2020, 15:23   #1916
EoinHef

I think Sony are holding off because there afraid of MS just under cutting them.

MS being a much larger company with massive reserves means that if they are willing they can undercut sony at any price point. And to me MS are determined to pull back market share.
10-08-2020, 15:30   #1917
Mitch Connor

I think MS wil absolutely undercut Sony, but Sony can afford it and own it imo.

MS are presenting the 'value' option, with GamePass being being bedrock of their proposition.

Sony are the ones really offering (and making a point of it) a next gen experience and, apparently, exclusives to go with it.

I've played PS4 all this generation, but would have routed for MS, and I still do. But if the PS5 was 50 more expensive than the comparible MS console, I'd say it was easily still worth that extra cost - based on the messaging and games I have seen so far.

I'll end up buying both consoles at or near launch, so its not a competition for me. But I reckon I will never purchase a game outright for the Xbox. I will play Game Pass games on it, and that is it I reckon. Even at that I will buy and play Destiny 2: Beyond Light on PS5 (despite being on GamePass).

Even from a position of wanting MS to give Sony a bloody nose.... Sony is the better offering from a next-gen perspective imo and will be more worth the price, imo. Now if it turns out PS5 is 550 and MS announce at 400 or some other crazy disparity between the prices I may look at it different. but a 550 PS5 vs a 500 XBSX... PS5 will offer the better games.
10-08-2020, 15:42   #1918
gerrybbadd

There's lots of rumbling in "Insider" Twitter circles about how Sony will respond if MS go free with Xbox Live.

The thought is that while Ps Plus won't be free, it will come with PS Now, which should address those backwards compatibility issues somewhat
10-08-2020, 15:53   #1919
EoinHef

Fair points.

The exclusives Sony offer just dont have an equal on the MS side yet. I do believe that will change at some time during the next gen givin the studios that have been bought up by MS. That change is not here yet though.

If they had of bought those studios earlier in the Xbox One cycle they may have be launching the series X with a better suite of first party exclusives but they didn't so here we are.

The Xbox should be more expensive givin the hardware in each console,the fact MS may undercut the PS5 or even have price parity givin the hardware differences gives it a strong argument for those who are not too bothered with exclusives imo.

Being cheaper and more powerful did the PS4 no harm at all so if series X is same price/cheaper but more powerful thats a pretty good marketing tool to beat sony over the head with along with gamepass.
10-08-2020, 15:53   #1920
recyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Connor View Post
I think MS wil absolutely undercut Sony, but Sony can afford it and own it imo.

MS are presenting the 'value' option, with GamePass being being bedrock of their proposition.

Sony are the ones really offering (and making a point of it) a next gen experience and, apparently, exclusives to go with it.

Even from a position of wanting MS to give Sony a bloody nose.... Sony is the better offering from a next-gen perspective imo and will be more worth the price, imo. Now if it turns out PS5 is 550 and MS announce at 400 or some other crazy disparity between the prices I may look at it different. but a 550 PS5 vs a 500 XBSX... PS5 will offer the better games.
This is exactly how i am sitting currently except the majority of my gaming will be on xbox down to gamepass giving me stuff to tide me over for very little cost, I rather the controller and ability to flick onto tablet etc if away is quite handy when travelling for work.

What the ps5 offers is probably 1/2 games a year i cant play on xbox, thats its really. its exactly how the ps4 went for me and i cant see it doing it any differently this year.

a large part of this is myself and my friends grew up playing xbox- 360- one.

Where i think MS can claw it back is the lockheart ( if it exists) if that launches around 250 bundled with gamepass its a no brainer for parents to buy it for their kids compared to a new ps5 full whack.

The exclusives sony sell are rarely the must have games kids are playing Fortnite/warzone, should sony get ones of these exclusively that will change my opinion.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion