Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Amazing buzzer beater from Devin Booker just there, tough contested mid range fadeaway (with Kawhi and Paul George in his face) to beat the Clippers by two points.

Great clutch shot - he was boxed up pretty well, low percentage shot for sure. He did great to sink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That is a ridiculous shot to make, and to be fair to him I've seen contact like George's called before too. Booker can play, no doubt about that. Hard to believe it's 3+ years ago he put up 70 (admittedly chasing) and yet he's still just 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Celtics won again last night, did not have a chance to look at it yet, but they have not being playing great.

Was wondering would they be better off with the No. 4 seed, seems an easier path !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Ben Simmons possibly gone for the season, making the Celtics path a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I love the drama.

Ee7UDVOX0AASBDJ?format=jpg&name=large

ygtrece is Paul George btw

• Advertisement

I love the drama.

Ee7UDVOX0AASBDJ?format=jpg&name=large

ygtrece is Paul George btw

Play Off P alright with his 5 points in an elimination game v mighty Utah 2 years ago and dumped by Lillard last year talking sh*t :rolleyes:

Always amuses me when vastly inferior players like Patrick Beverlky diss someone way better than them because they happen to be on a better team. SMH. Beverly was actling like a clown at the end of that game.....while he was on the bench.

Pat Bev is the loudest "7th best player on this team" player of all time

He's also one of those guys that gets respect for being "gritty" when in reality he's just dirty.

Pat Bev is the loudest "7th best player on this team" player of all time

He's also one of those guys that gets respect for being "gritty" when in reality he's just dirty.

Lol @ your first comment. ;)

I'm not sure he's dirty all the time, he's tough as nails and without doubt can be dirty, but not sure he's dirty all the time per se. Type of guy you want on your team but absolutely hate playing against.

Lol @ your first comment. ;)

I'm not sure he's dirty all the time, he's tough as nails and without doubt can be dirty, but not sure he's dirty all the time per se. Type of guy you want on your team but absolutely hate playing against.

I think I'm just still not over his move on Westbrook

Also on last night's games, Luka Doncic oh my goodness.

• Advertisement

Also on last night's games, Luka Doncic oh my goodness.

He's had 19 assist and 20 rebound games to go with multiple 30+ point in the bubble alone. And he's 21.

Just saw Lonzo's shooting splits of 26/19/43 in the bubble, yikes.

Donovan Mitchell will have some explaining to do........google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Donovan Mitchell will have some explaining to do........google it.
    Magical leg injury picked up from it, if anything it's upper leg I'd say.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Magical leg injury picked up from it, if anything it's upper leg I'd say.

Middle leg I think. A good rub will help it.

Phoenix win again, Booker standout again. Ignore the stat line, he didn't play all that much as the game was done by the 3rd quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Started watching again after years and years ( through my son who is gone big into it). Been so long I feel like a noob again.
    So it's all about the four teams fighting for the last position in the West, right? (and 4/5/6 in the east?)

Portland beat the Mavs behind Lillard's 61 points, his third 60+ game this season, only the second player to ever do that behind Wilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lillard not taking no for an answer on the issue of the 8th seed.

Carmelo has been playing a useful role too in the bubble it is worth noting.

It’s not an ideal outcome for the Lakers. I think they’d have chosen different opponents in the first round.

WTF is Giannis doing getting ejected in the first half of a meaningless game? He SHOULD get a ban for that, will be interesting to see if the NBA have the balls to do it. Even without him, they should be fine for the first round though.

• Advertisement

Only a game, no way they were going to give him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Forget about his headbutt for a second . I really dont enjoy watching him play basketball for some reason . I know im in a very low minority but he just doesnt make me want to watch his games like the other great players in the league do.

Take watching him over Harden any day.

Giannis hasn't been much fun to watch this year because the Bucks are kind of coasting, he'll be a walking highlight on both ends once the playoffs start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Giannis hasn't been much fun to watch this year because the Bucks are kind of coasting, he'll be a walking highlight on both ends once the playoffs start though.
    Yeah, he's out on his own. Best player in the league by a mile.

Just endlessly in awe of the shots he takes

giphy.gif

Watching the Portland Memphis Game now. Mark Jackson talks some amount of sh*t.

Nurkic with 21 and 21. Exciting game to be fair. Portland up 6 with less than 2mins to go after being down 8 in the 4th. McCollum on a bit of a roll after being quiet for most of the game.

Just take 1 game from the Lakers and I'll be happy

• Advertisement

Just take 1 game from the Lakers and I'll be happy

I think they’ll take more than 1 tbh.

Advertisement