Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lottie Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Who

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Does this Lottie wan have a journalism degree or did she just get her role in RTÉ because she is Gerry daughter?? She certainly is not good at the job of a radio journalist, although I have to admit I have only listened to her less than 5 times in total. But to me she is just another Kardashian inspired wanna famous/celebrity. Even her doing the dancing show I found a bit grotesque, as apparently she has been dancing since being a spoilt brat kid and even has business in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

doughef wrote: »
    I tried to listen to Lottie after all the talk here .

Don’t like her accent / don’t like her material.

Guess what ? .. I don’t listen anymore . Problem solved.

And this nonsense about her getting a job because of her dad ?? Like .. who gives a sh/it??

Everyone takes whatever opportunities they can to get ahead.
    Absolute begrudgers!!!!

Don’t like ?? Don’t listen.....
    no need to get so wound up !!!

Maybe get another hobby ?

Who cares?

The tax payer.

RTE have history of jobs the boys. Getting your son/daughter/missus a job is common place there despite a complete lack of talent.

So who cares. You should. You’re paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Does this Lottie wan have a journalism degree or did she just get her role in RTÉ because she is Gerry daughter?? She certainly is not good at the job of a radio journalist, although I have to admit I have only listened to her less than 5 times in total. But to me she is just another Kardashian inspired wanna famous/celebrity. Even her doing the dancing show I found a bit grotesque, as apparently she has been dancing since being a spoilt brat kid and even has business in it now.

I'm pretty sure yes the answer to both of your questions, I think a poster mentioned something about Griffith college a while back.
    I'm not sure how I feel about prior dance training for the dancing show, on the one hand it's a huge advantage and uneven playing field (as is having an rte guide front page and puff piece in the closing weeks of the competition) but on the other hand alot of 'stars' are involved in the performance side of the entertainment industry so it may be unfair to exclude them? It's not ideal anyways that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Who cares?

The tax payer.

RTE have history of jobs the boys. Getting your son/daughter/missus a job is common place there despite a complete lack of talent.

So who cares. You should. You’re paying for it.

True . And I pay my license fee .

I just don’t care though. Best of luck to her.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So if you don’t and won’t listen to her why are you posting on a Lottie Ryan thread?

I seen the thread pop up so came in for a look.
    Tried to listen to her to see what all the fuss was about.
    Didn’t like her accent, or the material so I didn’t listen again.

Posting , because I find a lot of you hilarious.

Jealousy maybe ? I’m not sure what the problem is but I’d let it go.
    Can’t be healthy getting so annoyed over a young woman trying her best to get by.
    Who wouldn’t use family connections to get a leg up (no pun intended as to her dancing with the stars)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I seen the thread pop up so came in for a look.
    Tried to listen to her to see what all the fuss was about.
    Didn’t like her accent, or the material so I didn’t listen again.

Posting , because I find a lot of you hilarious.

Jealousy maybe ? I’m not sure what the problem is but I’d let it go.
    Can’t be healthy getting so annoyed over a young woman trying her best to get by.
    Who wouldn’t use family connections to get a leg up (no pun intended as to her dancing with the stars)

You do understand the concept of boards?

Why would it be unhealthy to discuss Lottie Ryan? Why would you be more unhealthy than the next person because you posted in this thread?

I think you will find the majority of the “star” on all these shows across RTE/UK etc all have dancing experience. Apart from your Marty etc who are dumped in for “comedy”.......

I didn’t watch the show but my wife did, seemingly she was bottom a number of times and got saved by the judges and suddenly then swooped in to win.....rte setup was my wife opinion as the girl from “Derry girls” I think was on it and better

You do understand the concept of boards?

Why would it be unhealthy to discuss Lottie Ryan? Why would you be more unhealthy than the next person because you posted in this thread?

The infatuation— that’s what’s unhealthy .

Do you have any other interests? Maybe join a local hiking group ?

Edited to say, I see your previous post also. Your wife thinks that it’s an RTÉ set up that she won DWTS ... ah come on... this is hilarious.

I can imagine the 2 of you fuming at home and getting wound up to bits ...
    Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cal naughton

But the accent ....

Is you're hobby taking off her accent? You posted the above in this thread a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Is you're hobby taking off her accent? You posted the above in this thread a few days ago.

Oh look ... we have a detective here :)

I already said I tuned in- wasn’t impressed and left it at that.

Have you heard me ‘taking off her accent’ ... this would imply that, for fun, I do impressions of Ms Ryan.

So ... for clarity. I don’t - therefore it isn’t a hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 20,474 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

PieOhMy wrote: »

Or maybe somewhere to catalogue/discuss rte nepotism outside of the threads on that actual show ?

Nepotism is a serious issue as it cheats people out of deserved roles they should have gotten on merit and it is also wrong in the sense that the taxpayer is funding it. If I see things that bother me on private channels I.e boards, newstalk, bbc etc it doesnt bother me as much as I am not funding it so I dont feel a need to highlight it.

You start off. As I said I couldn't identify any of the current 2 FM presenters as belonging to a broadcasting family, except Ryan. But you want to expand it to all or RTE.

You will need to name those who were cheated out of roles as well as those who got the roles because of their family connections. You probably have a long list. But just remember that a family member working in the same field, or even for the same employer is not automatically nepotism. You have to prove it in each case.

The infatuation— that’s what’s unhealthy .

Do you have any other interests? Maybe join a local hiking group ?

Edited to say, I see your previous post also. Your wife thinks that it’s an RTÉ set up that she won DWTS ... ah come on... this is hilarious.

I can imagine the 2 of you fuming at home and getting wound up to bits ...
    Crazy stuff

Why would we be fuming? It’s a tv show. She just made the comment that the other lady deserved it more. You do understand that?

Who is infatuated?

Maybe you can explain what your talking about because to me it’s a load of gibberish.

Normally if you know nothing about a topic or no interest you don’t comment on that thread, it’s fairly basic on any of these forums. You do understand what boards is? Also how you should use it?

Why would we be fuming? It’s a tv show. She just made the comment that the other lady deserved it more. You do understand that?

Who is infatuated?

Maybe you can explain what your talking about because to me it’s a load of gibberish.

Normally if you know nothing about a topic or no interest you don’t comment on that thread, it’s fairly basic on any of these forums. You do understand what boards is? Also how you should use it?

Good man . Hope you both feel better now

You start off. As I said I couldn't identify any of the current 2 FM presenters as belonging to a broadcasting family, except Ryan. But you want to expand it to all or RTE.

You will need to name those who were cheated out of roles as well as those who got the roles because of their family connections. You probably have a long list. But just remember that a family member working in the same field, or even for the same employer is not automatically nepotism. You have to prove it in each case.

I dont rate your investigation skills in the slightest. We already had this discussion, apart from lottie saying that she didnt obtain her role through nepotism can you prove she got it through a fair and open competition? Should be easy as there world be formal procedures in place. You have to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

True . And I pay my license fee .

I just don’t care though. Best of luck to her.

Right on. Right on.

Anyone with negative opinions can just leave this forum. Actually leave boards altogether.
    We only want kindness around here!!!!!!!
    Kind!

I dont rate your investigation skills in the slightest. We already had this discussion, apart from lottie saying that she didnt obtain her role through nepotism can you prove she got it through a fair and open competition? Should be easy as there world be formal procedures in place. You have to prove it.

You and others are making really really serious allegations against those who recruit in RTE. You have to prove it. You are also calling Lottie Ryan a liar.

You and others are making really really serious allegations against those who recruit in RTE. You have to prove it. You are also calling Lottie Ryan a liar.

She could be mistaken. Certainly dont think shes a liar, I think shes seems like a nice cheerful person.

I dont "have" to do anything either, this is a discussion board on the internet and we are not in a court. Theres plenty of circumstancial evidence if you read the threads I suppose.

I'm not sure what's to be gained out of this, we both have different opinions, I dont think you are going to change yours which you are entitled to and unless some solid proof comes to light I'm probably not going to change mine, it's a bit circular at this point and boring me frankly. Hope you enjoy the rest of your morning.

Good man . Hope you both feel better now

If we wait another 20 mins will you add another few words :-)

Sharp as a razor

She could be mistaken. Certainly dont think shes a liar, I think shes seems like a nice cheerful person.

I dont "have" to do anything either, this is a discussion board on the internet and we are not in a court. Theres plenty of circumstancial evidence if you read the threads I suppose.

I'm not sure what's to be gained out of this, we both have different opinions, I dont think you are going to change yours which you are entitled to and unless some solid proof comes to light I'm probably not going to change mine, it's a bit circular at this point and boring me frankly. Hope you enjoy the rest of your morning.

Seeing you mentioned Boards, Newstalk and the BBC in the discussion, are you making the same allegations against their HR Departments? There is a direct equivalent to the Ryan case in the BBC, Zoe Ball is the daughter of Johnny Ball.

• Advertisement

If we wait another 20 mins will you add another few words :-)

Sharp as a razor

Can’t - I’m listening to Lottie

Seeing you mentioned Boards, Newstalk and the BBC in the discussion, are you making the same allegations against their HR Departments? There is a direct equivalent to the Ryan case in the BBC, Zoe Ball is the daughter of Johnny Ball.

No,I'm not interested in them, as I said my point was that when there are things that may bother me on other media platforms that I dont have to pay for myself I just dont dont engage with them.

For instance I wouldn't engage on a thread on a different forum in which I have no interest and tell the posters there to get another hobby or criticise them. Same goes for other media channels like newstalk or the bbc ( I think I may been unclear and implied that the bbc was private ). I dont pay for them via a licence fee and they dont seek handouts from the Irish government as much as rte so their practises arent as much of a concern to me.

No,I'm not interested in them, as I said my point was that when there are things that may bother me on other media platforms that I dont have to pay for myself I just dont dont engage with them.

For instance I wouldn't engage on a thread on a different forum in which I have no interest and tell the posters there to get another hobby or criticise them. Same goes for other media channels like newstalk or the bbc ( I think I may been unclear and implied that the bbc was private ). I dont pay for them via a licence fee and they dont seek handouts from the Irish government as much as rte so their practises arent as much of a concern to me.

Or maybe somewhere to catalogue/discuss rte nepotism outside of the threads on that actual show ?

Unless you are prepared to name names, it looks as if your idea has no legs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Very poor again so far this morning, making the last interview all about her and what she does again, let your guest speak lottie, only thing she’s good is saying I’m lottie Ryan covering for Jenifer in between sound bits

Lads, lads, lads:

Our Lord gave two commandments to Moses

-Be kind to people on the Radio forum
    (and)
    -the radio forum is neither a fan page, nor a vehicle for abuse.

My memory of biblical studies is shaky, but I am asking you to follow these guidelines, as best you can.

Stop the hostility and speak to each other with a bit of civility. Do you realise you are getting worked up about a celebrity correspondent on a minor radio station? — Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stop the hostility and speak to each other with a bit of civility. Do you realise you are getting worked up about a celebrity correspondent on a minor radio station? — Mod

That's a scathing attack on our national broadcaster, take it back :)

I thought she had early mornings and the Entertainment news had been dropped. She's currently standing in for Jennifer Z.

It really is a minor radio station. In 2019 none of 2 FM's programmes made it into the top 20 most listened to. Which means Lottie was somewhere below Ian Dempsey at number 20 who got 4% of the available audience, over 15 and adult.

That means that 97% or more had their radio switched off, or were listening to something else. In the way things work round here I am going to say she got the job because she offered to do it for less money than anyone else. Can I prove that. No. But someone else has to prove the opposite.

Lottie for President!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Lottie for the Pottie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So. What options are available to us to destroy her that don't need to resort to bullying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement