Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumps.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just a lawnmower one, and he filled his car in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭deezell

I think Applegreen promo might have backfired. The choose garages in built up area, shocking gridlock in Naas and Newbridge, and here's Palmerstown just after 3.

attachment.php?attachmentid=520987&stc=1&d=1595600372

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Current traffic in

INCHICORE:
    520988.JPG

BALLYMOUNT:
    520989.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Surprised that they got the go ahead from the Gardai. There was carnage a few years ago when the station on the quays in Dublin sold all their fuel for 99c a litre. They wanted to empty their tanks before they closed from refurbishment.
    They were forced to closed very quickly

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Technique

Mayhem in Letterkenny. For anyone who knows the area, traffic is backed up for a mile on the dual carriageway in the direction of Manor. Gardai directing traffic. Not a hope of most in the queue getting fuel before the hour is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Surprised that they got the go ahead from the Gardai. There was carnage a few years ago when the station on the quays in Dublin sold all their fuel for 99c a litre. They wanted to empty their tanks before they closed from refurbishment.
    They were forced to closed very quickly

They didnt! This was just a regular promotion theyre not required to go to the Gardai for approval. It should have been done realistically at the weekend when people arent as reliant on the road for work. A 4pm promotion on a Friday afternoon is stupid! Especially at Ballymount and Inchicore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭mikeecho

deezell wrote: »
    I think Applegreen promo might have backfired. The choose garages in built up area, shocking gridlock in Naas and Newbridge, and here's Palmerstown just after 3.

Plenty of publicity.. that's the purpose of the promo.

mikeecho wrote: »
    Plenty of publicity.. that's the purpose of the promo.
    If you're a fuming driver, and you find out it was Applegreen's fault, you'll find it was negative publicity.

If you're a fuming driver, and you find out it was Applegreen's fault, you'll find it was negative publicity.

img-2257.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Wrong again....

• Advertisement

Wrong again....

Too easy. Don't state, elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭scotchy

Trying to register, but the Captcha isnt showing on the register page. Anyone else having this problem?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Is Pumps.ie actually working or not?
    Lots of people including myself having issues trying to use it.

vectra wrote: »
    Is Pumps.ie actually working or not?
    Lots of people including myself having issues trying to use it.

Website NO
    Android app YES
    Apple app Dunno

Website NO
    Android app YES
    Apple app Dunno

That explains it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Website NO
    Android app YES
    Apple app Dunno

Apple app NO

scotchy wrote: »
    Trying to register, but the Captcha isnt showing on the register page. Anyone else having this problem?

Everyone. You can still use it. Android only, to view.

After trying this app again for the last week or so I've decided to give it miss.

It was always flaky and that's not going to change. Looks like it's just a one man operation doing this as a hobby. It is never going to have the volume of users to keep prices up to date to make it worth your while to check it.

I'm just going to use Waze instead, there are more users, it includes maps and as a Google company it will be supported technically.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

After trying this app again for the last week or so I've decided to give it miss.

It was always flaky and that's not going to change. Looks like it's just a one man operation doing this as a hobby. It is never going to have the volume of users to keep prices up to date to make it worth your while to check it.

I'm just going to use Waze instead, there are more users, it includes maps and as a Google company it will be supported technically.

It certainly won't be up to date if it cannot be accessed on an iphone or through a website. Limiting observations to Android users will not give sufficient coverage.

Tarabuses wrote: »
    It certainly won't be up to date if it cannot be accessed on an iphone or through a website. Limiting observations to Android users will not give sufficient coverage.

Exactly,
    Does anyone know who is actually running it now?

• Advertisement

A guy called Edwin Costello. His name is up on the Play Store and he has it on his linkedin profile.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Problem with Waze is that you can only update the prices when you are in range of the station, I've better things to be doing than updating when at the station or after driving off. For my local stations Waze is as bad as Pumps.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Delaney Happy Musketeer

Del2005 wrote: »
    Problem with Waze is that you can only update the prices when you are in range of the station, I've better things to be doing than updating when at the station or after driving off. For my local stations Waze is as bad as Pumps.ie

The next problem with Waze is that prices can't be updated on an iPhone through CarPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 calps

With the reduced need to travel, I've not fuelled up since December, but will need to soon enough. Making an essential trip into Dublin tomorrow, so if anyone could advise on a station with reasonable diesel costs, that would be great. Local prices are around €1.32 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

calps wrote: »
    With the reduced need to travel, I've not fuelled up since December, but will need to soon enough. Making an essential trip into Dublin tomorrow, so if anyone could advise on a station with reasonable diesel costs, that would be great. Local prices are around €1.32 at the moment.

Depends which way you're coming in from - I find Kimmage Road and Harold's Cross Road to be usually competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

With respect Dublin is a big area.

If your coming from the West, Emo Enfield was 122.9 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

calps wrote: »
    Making an essential trip into Dublin tomorrow, so if anyone could advise on a station with reasonable diesel costs, that would be great.

GO on Kylemore road is normally one of the cheapest around although I've no idea of recent prices.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

D4 fuels in Ballsbridge is always very competitive for cheap fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dublin is about 128-130 for diesel lately, but it changes every day.

Advertisement