Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shalclon

Ok thanks, he was just wondering were the viewers watching a mirror image maybe or was the commentator as the left and rights were in reverse every time, as far as he is concerned anyway! He would be very observant like like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

shalclon wrote: »
    Ok thanks, he was just wondering were the viewers watching a mirror image maybe or was the commentator as the left and rights were in reverse every time, as far as he is concerned anyway! He would be very observant like like that.

Well I mean it can be either I would have thought? 'To the left and wide' could refer to the shooter or to the umpire/goalkeeper. It will always be to some ones right and some ones left

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭KK36

It's generally from the goalkeepers viewpoint. To the left and wide means to the goalkeepers left, even though that's the right as we're looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

KK36 wrote:
    It's generally from the goalkeepers viewpoint. To the left and wide means to the goalkeepers left, even though that's the right as we're looking at it.

Its generally not

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Club championship is wide open this year, definitely 5 or 6 teams who could win it. Fancy Nenagh this year to finally get the job done.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭KK36

famagusta wrote: »
    Its generally not

Listen and learn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

KK36 wrote: »

Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar. I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal… the dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick… Fox, to the 21, fires a shot – it goes to the left and wide… and the dog lost as well.

KK36 wrote:
    Listen and learn

Well your obviously listening to different commentators than everyone else in ireland so?!

KK36 wrote:
    Listen and learn

Well your obviously listening to different commentators than everyone else in ireland so?!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp 77

Anyone get an email about their season ticket being cancelled and getting a refund of 40 euro?
    I can understand why they are cancelling it but I think I paid around 119 so basically I have paid 79 euro for five league games. That does annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Senior Hurling Championship Quarter Finalists in 2 weeks time with draw to be made tomorrow
    Top seeds: Kiladangan, Clonoulty/R, Thurles Sars, Borris-Ileigh
    2nd seeds: Drom & Inch, Nenagh, Loughmore/C, Toomevara
    Relegation: Roscrea, Eire Og Annacarty, Moycarkey, Burgess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Senior Hurling Championship Quarter Finalists in 2 weeks time with draw to be made tomorrow
    Top seeds: Kiladangan, Clonoulty/R, Thurles Sars, Borris-Ileigh
    2nd seeds: Drom & Inch, Nenagh, Loughmore/C, Toomevara
    Relegation: Roscrea, Eire Og Annacarty, Moycarkey, Burgess

Is it still 2 teams down and 2 up?

Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship quarter final draw:
    Thurles Sarsfields v Nenagh Eire Og
    Clonoulty/Rossmore v Loughmore/Castleiney
    Borris-Ileigh v Drom & Inch
    Kiladangan v Toomevara

Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship quarter final draw:
    Thurles Sarsfields v Nenagh Eire Og
    Clonoulty/Rossmore v Loughmore/Castleiney
    Borris-Ileigh v Drom & Inch
    Kiladangan v Toomevara

Some good games there. I said earlier in the season that I thought Nenagh might win it but not sure now.

I'd go with Sars, Loughmore, Borris and Kiladangan to win.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some good games there. I said earlier in the season that I thought Nenagh might win it but not sure now.

I'd go with Sars, Loughmore, Borris and Kiladangan to win.
    Think i agree with your predictions there...

Anyway some of the other draws made tonight

Relegation Semi-Finals
    Senior: Moycarkey/Borris v Burgess; Eire Og Annacarty v Roscrea
    Seamus O Riain: Ballingarry v Kiladangan; St Mary's v Sean Treacys
    Intermediate: Moyle Rovers v Cappawhite; Galtee Rovers v Golden Kilfeacle or Kilsheelan/Kilcash

Intermediate Hurling Championship quarter final draw:
    Borrisokane v Boherlahan-Dualla
    Ballybacon/Grange v Knockavilla Kickhams
    Moyne-Templetuohy v Moneygall
    Gortnahoe/Glengoole v Ballinahinch

O Riain Cup quarter final draw:
    Thurles Sarsfields v Killenaule
    Templederry Kenyons v Lorrha
    Newport v Silvermines
    Carrick Swan v Mullinahone

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

Kiladangan will finally come good this year I think. Drom a dark horse if they can get over the reigning champs

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭osullic

Billy McCarthy’s cruciate gone for the third time.

He will be a big loss for SARS as he was flying this year.

https://www.the42.ie/billy-mccarthy-third-cruciate-injury-5185495-Aug2020/

osullic wrote: »

Heartbreaking

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What’s the timeline on those before one can walk in comfort?

osullic wrote: »

How did it happen previous times?
    Wonder is it type of training helping or hindering him?
    digzy wrote: »
    What’s the timeline on those before one can walk in comfort?
    Impossible to say. All depends on reaction to physio work etc
    Depends but 6 to 9 months is normal enough

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Big shock with Nenagh hammering Thurles. Jake Morris scored a hat trick before half time with Nenagh leading 3-07 to 0-01 (Thures only scored in the 28th minute). Thurles started brightly in 2nd half but Nenagh comfortably won 3-12 to 1-08. Late Red Card for Ronan Maher too.

Ompala wrote: »
    Big shock with Nenagh hammering Thurles. Jake Morris scored a hat trick before half time with Nenagh leading 3-07 to 0-01 (Thures only scored in the 28th minute). Thurles started brightly in 2nd half but Nenagh comfortably won 3-12 to 1-08. Late Red Card for Ronan Maher too.

Without Billy's ball-winning and strength, Thurles are a fish up a tree in the forwards.

Drom beat Borris on penalties after an unbelievably dramatic game of hurling. You'd want a stiff drink after that and I'm a neutral.

Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship Semi-Finals:
    Loughmore/Castleiney v Nenagh Eire Og Saturday Semple Stadium 5.30pm
    Kiladangan v Drom & Inch Sunday Semple Stadium 5.30pm

Tipperary Senior Hurling - Seamus O Riain Cup Semi-Finals:
    Mullinahone v Newport Saturday Semple Stadium 1.30pm
    Lorrha v Killenaule Sunday Semple Stadium 1.30pm

Tipperary Intermediate Hurling Semi-Finals:
    Moyne-Templetuohy v Boherlahan-Dualla
    Gortnahoe/Glengoole v Knockavilla Kickhams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Drom beat Borris on penalties after an unbelievably dramatic game of hurling. You'd want a stiff drink after that and I'm a neutral.

One of the worst displays from a referee I have ever seen, and a so called intercounty one at that! If Drom had of lost, he would have been lynched.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭1373

Pogue eile wrote: »
    One of the worst displays from a referee I have ever seen, and a so called intercounty one at that! If Drom had of lost, he would have been lynched.

Fair point , the penalty and The equalizer point were shocking decisions to give but Droms fouling throughout the game was equally shocking. They simply could not make a tackle without a Hurley around the neck . Was fierce exciting though and great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Fergal just had a bad game, I think he has lost some confidence in his decision making. The amount of injury time played before Drom got the third goal was questionable. And the decision to throw it in the middle of the goals on the 14 yard line without allowing borris get in position and the initial decision to reverse the free out for the foul were questionable which led to droms third goal.

Overall though I think drom deserved it.

Horgan is a good referee just not one of his better days. It’s not an easy job.

What a win for Loughmore. Nenagh the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. it couldnt have gone more differently for them this week. An all mid-final on the cards? Kiladangan v Drom will be an interesting tussle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Jizique

What a win for Loughmore. Nenagh the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. it couldnt have gone more differently for them this week. An all mid-final on the cards? Kiladangan v Drom will be an interesting tussle.

What happened? Score?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement