Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Julian Savea has rejoined the Hurricanes. If like to see him regain some of his old form. Only 29 but a shadow of the player he was when he first broke through. Scored a hat trick against us on his All Backs debut. He flopped at Toulon but in reality was already a declining force for about 18 months prior to signing for them.

https://twitter.com/SuperRugbyNZ/status/1287535502925508613?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stolen from Twitter:

EeFYFloXgAEk5Fo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Stolen from Twitter:

EeFYFloXgAEk5Fo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Which match is his 7th? Was this pre Super Rugby Aotearoa?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Basil3 wrote: »

Yeah, it's not 100% factually accurate. 4-0-8 if all games taken into account, 0-0-6 for just Aotearoa.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Basil3 wrote: »

he has lost the last 7 super rugby games in a row...

1 super rugby 2020 and 6 super rugby aotearoa

its a bit of a pity because his start as chiefs coach was great... beating the blues away followed by beating the crusaders at home... then putting 43 on the sunwolves and 51 on the waratahs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'm ok with anything that takes the piss out of Gatland. And Waikato. I don't really know why but I dislike both. Its irrational.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I'm ok with anything that takes the piss out of Gatland. And Waikato. I don't really know why but I dislike both. Its irrational.

Don't worry. For no good reason I dislike Australia. It must be irrational.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

You hate cows or Hamilton? Hamilton I understand.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Don't worry. For no good reason I dislike Australia. It must be irrational.

i think that’s a widely held rational view tbh

hahashake wrote: »
    You hate cows or Hamilton? Hamilton I understand.:D

Yeah it is pretty much the Tron that I hate. The rest of Chiefs region include some of my favourite parts of NZ; Raglan, the Coromandel, the Bay and the Naki. But **** off Hamilton. And Huntley. Definitely **** off Huntley 😆

I remember when SR started and I just couldn't support the Chiefs even though North Harbour was aligned with them (what a stupid decision by the NZRU) such was my dislike of Waikato. So I ended up supporting the Blues.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous decision there to allow that reece try.

Clearly and obviously came forward off sanders before he knocked it back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That’s an extraordinary call. How can that be given?

Tmo sounds extraordinarily quite when he's called in.

Are refs now just using TMO to review the situation themselves with no requirement for tmo input?

That decision seems to have popped the balloon and let the air out of the Chiefs. Watched it again. There is no justification or excuse for 4 professional officials to get that wrong

My first reaction when Sanders dropped the ball was knock on. However it didn't touch the ground or any other player when he knocked it on before he knocked it back. Did it? So does that make it ok?

That game just made me hate the Chiefs even more. Great opportunity there to keep the Crusaders lead on the table close but instead they let them get a bonus point win. Useless shower of ****tards!!! Cant see the Blues or the Canes overtaking them now.

Chiefs have been there or thereabouts in all their games I think? Something missing upstairs to lose them all. It’s one thing to just be **** and beaten out the gate all the time. They keep throwing it away

My first reaction when Sanders dropped the ball was knock on. However it didn't touch the ground or any other player when he knocked it on before he knocked it back. Did it? So does that make it ok?

but he didnt regain possession after it came forward off him..... he simply knocked it back (and even at that its debatable if it went back)

it clearly came forward as he lost possession of it off his chest.

its an interesting one for the refs... what constitutes a regain of possession...

Syd, can you get your Highlanders to roll over tomorrow and give the Blues a bonus point win and then hammer the Crusaders next week please. At least that will set up a winner takes all match in the last game of the competition.

Syd, can you get your Highlanders to roll over tomorrow and give the Blues a bonus point win and then hammer the Crusaders next week please. At least that will set up a winner takes all match in the last game of the competition.

Nah, we're gonna TBP beat you guys tomorrow denying you the LBP, then go TBP the crusaders next weekend....

And go into the last weekend and TBP the Canes, where you're lads play the game of your lives and beat the saders by a record score...

And the mighty highlanders take super rugby aotearoa by 1 point!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Just watched the highlights there and was expecting something more blatant, to be honest. He fumbles it and knocks the ball backwards. I'd have expected that try to be given on watching the replay.

He is still in possession of the ball until his last contact with it, for me. I always understood that to be the interpretation.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Nah, we're gonna TBP beat you guys tomorrow denying you the LBP, then go TBP the crusaders next weekend....

And go into the last weekend and TBP the Canes, where you're lads play the game of your lives and beat the saders by a record score...

And the mighty highlanders take super rugby aotearoa by 1 point!!!!!

:D

Jeez Syd it's a bit early to that drunk. Wait, no it's not. Carry on.

Buer wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights there and was expecting something more blatant, to be honest. He fumbles it and knocks the ball backwards. I'd have expected that try to be given on watching the replay.

He is still in possession of the ball until his last contact with it, for me. I always understood that to be the interpretation.

I'll be honest: if it was my team and it wasn't given, I'd be fuming. However I would like to hear an official explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭theVersatile

A player juggling the ball to control it is considered "in possession" per referee interpretations from a few years ago. Don't think that's changed.

You're Welcome YR

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

the highlights are up on youtube, I won´t post them yet, in case, people have recorded the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Caleb Clarke would have been a nightmare at schools level. You just know he was already about his actual size aged 14 or so. If NZ wants a « power » winger he’ll be in the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Caleb Clarke would have been a nightmare at schools level. You just know he was already about his actual size aged 14 or so. If NZ wants a « power » winger he’ll be in the discussion.

Played 3 years at u20 level so he's always been a physical player. Thought he struggled with the transition to senior rugby last year but he's been impressive this year.

So Chiefs go 8 from 8.

3 teams still mathematically in it going into the final week of crusaders can lose tomorrow although the Canes are unlikely. Hard to see the highlanders winning but you never know. Massive game in Auckland if so. Fancy the blues, don’t know why

Let's go Highlanders!!! Beat the sheep shaggers! I don't care if its 3-0. Just win.

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    So Chiefs go 8 from 8.

3 teams still mathematically in it going into the final week of crusaders can lose tomorrow although the Canes are unlikely. Hard to see the highlanders winning but you never know. Massive game in Auckland if so. Fancy the blues, don’t know why

Even if the Crusaders wrap it up, it will still be a massive game and I agree with your prediction.

Advertisement