Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

According to Eonmusic, Bruce Dickinson has revealed that he has been in discussions about bringing IRON MAIDEN's epic "Empire Of The Clouds" to the live stage along with other MAIDEN classics, in an orchestral setting. Dickinson, a huge fan of DEEP PURPLE, whose Jon Lord recorded the "Concerto For Group And Orchestra" in 1969, made the revelation during the question-and-answer portion of his spoken-word event in Dublin, Ireland on Friday night (December 13).
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bruce-dickinson-would-love-to-perform-iron-maiden-songs-with-an-orchestra/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

peter4918 wrote: »
    I though it was a great night. Really enjoyed it. It was on for over 2.5 hours. To be fair he was excellent as a one man show. Full of energy and some funny stories with a few Nicko impressions thrown in. Q&As in the second half was enjoyable. There was a bit of heckling mainly after the interval but it didn’t bother him and never responded to it.

what were they heckling about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Wasn't really heckling just banter.

Some idiots posed the following questions to him "Is the rumour true regarding you burning the tri-colour onstage?", "What do you have against the Irish?" and "Do you feel awkward waving the Union Jack in Dublin when playing The Trooper?".
    He laughed all of them off.

Otherwise it was a very entertaining show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Blabbermouth have a few fan videos on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

poundhound wrote: »
    Wasn't really heckling just banter.

Some idiots posed the following questions to him "Is the rumour true regarding you burning the tri-colour onstage?", "What do you have against the Irish?" and "Do you feel awkward waving the Union Jack in Dublin when playing The Trooper?".
    He laughed all of them off.

Otherwise it was a very entertaining show.

Rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I thought it was very very good. Different to what is thought. I'd imagined an "interview" type set up. Glad it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

A very enjoyable night, a very entertaining guy.....

Seating in the venue was a bit shambolic, I was allocated a seat that didn't exist, and I wasn't the only one. Staff were very helpful and no-one ended up feeling aggrieved...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I though I'd post this here as I'm sure some other people in Ireland are looking for vintage Eddie's in hi-res and very very hi-res. I acquired these pictures from various scources like calendars, ad promos, magazine cuttings, rare bootlegs ect. As far as I know I have even more Eddie pics than even Derek Riggs and possibly Steve Harris as well. Both Derek's website and the rather excellent 'Run For Cover' book are missing a lot of great Eddie's that I have, and are hard to very hard to get hold of.

I also have a lot of albums, singles, Live albums and rare Eddie's without any type at all. I've been collection Eddie images since around 1992, so I have amassed a very very large collection since then. All my pics are hi-res to very very hi-res. One or two pics are slighly low res, because I can't find them in a larger res. Chances are if anybody on this forum or another Maiden forum is looking for a particular Eddie pic, I'll more than likely have it.

Anyway if someone here is looking for Eddie pics from 1980 to 1990 and a few ones here and there between 1990 to 2000, I'll more than likely have them. Last but not least I also have some more of Derek's colour Eddie's and 98% of his recent black & white Eddie's too. Feel free to message/pm me if you are looking for certain Eddie's. I think it would be best if you send me the low res jpgs or links from the net that you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

'Iorn Maiden' tribute playing at the Sligo Whiplash Metalfest this year in Aug.
    (Over 2hrs of a World Slavery setlist)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

assume the belfast gig will get cancelled although no word yet.

shanec1928 wrote: »

Ah yeah, definitely not going ahead but whether it's cancelled or postponed, we'll have to wait and see.

All the gigs 2 weeks prior to the Belfast date and the following 2 weeks of gigs are all cancelled/postponed already so even if in the highly unlikely situation that mass gatherings in Northern Ireland are somehow permitted, it wouldn't make financial sense for the band to run this one show instead of the 9 or 10 that were originally planned for that period so cancel any hotel or transport you had booked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shanec1928 wrote: »

Iron Maiden in Belfast is now cancelled and not being rescheduled either.

Full statement here, but no Belfast on the re-scheduled dates.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

blastman wrote: »
    Full statement here, but no Belfast on the re-scheduled dates.
    Nothing about any UK dates mentioned there. Were there other gigs scheduled other than Donington?

The most intriguing line of that statement to me was "This is mainly because we already had an extremely busy year lined up for 2021". I know there were rumours of an album already recorded so am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 and thinking its release and promotion could be what they are getting at with that line?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nothing about any UK dates mentioned there. Were there other gigs scheduled other than Donington?

They do mention festivals not playing a part of the rerouting (of which even Belsonic was deemed) they were also due to headline the likes of Graspop, Tons of Rock, Copenhell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Terrible about Bruce's estranged wife

Life can be so cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just heard that Martin Birch has passed away, this makes me very sad

Produced every Maiden album from Killers up to Fear of the Dark

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just heard that Martin Birch has passed away, this makes me very sad

Produced every Maiden album from Killers up to Fear of the Dark

Just heard this last night, very sad to hear he's gone as he produced the soundtrack to a large chunk of my life. I didn't realise he basically retired after Fear Of The Dark when he was only 42.

RIP, Farmer.....

Killers to Seven Son, has there been a better run of albums that sound so good? And they all sound completely different to each other too.

I hope it's alright to post here, as no one else has in a while. I have quite a huge collection of classic Derek Riggs Eddie's and a lot very rare Eddie pics too, and scanned in to my computer at hi-res to very very hi-res pictures. I've been collecting Eddie pics since around 1992. I nearly have all them except for three I can't seem to get hold of. If anybody is looking for particular Eddie's and of course in very hi-res let me know, as I'll more than likely have what your looking for.:)

I hope it's alright to post here, as no one else has in a while. I have quite a huge collection of classic Derek Riggs Eddie's and a lot very rare Eddie pics too, and scanned in to my computer at hi-res to very very hi-res pictures. I've been collection Eddie pics since around 1992. I nearly have all them except for three I can't seem to get hold of. If anybody is looking for particular Eddie's and of course in very hi-res let me know, as I'll more than likely have what your looking for.:)

Nice, have you got any originals or prints? Come to think of it, did he ever sell any originals/prints?

Nice, have you got any originals or prints? Come to think of it, did he ever sell any originals/prints?

I have some original 80's Christmas cards, posters, promos, adverts, and magazine cuttings. I don't have all physical Eddie Christmas cards though. I have scans of the 1981 and 1982 cards, but I have all the other Derek Riggs cards from 1980 to 1999. The 1981 card is a quite good scan, but I wish it was better. The 1982 card is excellent, and not pixelated. I also have all the best calendars from 1990, 1994, 1995, 2005, and 2008. I didn't bother with the other calendars as they only have band pics which I find boring! I reckon I may have one of the best vintage Eddie collections in Europe. However I'm missing three Eddie's though, the 1990 DJ Eddie, X-Factor decapitated Eddie and a rare Eddie Derek did during the '90s.

I posted a small collection of low res samples on Maiden Fans.com. Both here:

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/more-very-rare-eddie-pics.71081/

And here:
    https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/even-very-rare-eddie-pics-prt-2.71087/

That's only a small collection of what I have. I meant to say that I also have a huge collection of Iron Maiden Albums, Singles, rare Eddie's, and Live Eddie's without any type at all which are rare to come across. Just remember that those Eddie images posted on Maidenfans.com are just low res samples.;) I'm not sure if he ever soled any originals or prints. They would be very pricey if he did. I meant to say I have all the rare Eddie's from 'Best of The Beast' and every rare Eddie from the 1998 remaster CDs. Pm me and let me know what you're looking for, and hopefully, I'll have it. I just hope you have eh hard drive space as some pics are between 20Mb and 40 to 60MB.

damn, 20-40mb per pic, thats mad

I love the earlier era, up to 7th son, have you a somewhere in time?

damn, 20-40mb per pic, that's mad

I love the earlier era, up to 7th son, have you somewhere in time?

The highest files I have are between 60 to 120mb! My whole Derek Riggs folder is just over 8gb! I have all those eras. I have a scan of Somewhere in Time vinyl and Somewhere in Time without any type. I also have Stranger in a Strange Land without any type and also Somewhere on Tour without type. Funny enough 'Somewhere in Time' is my all-time favorite Maiden album, so I have a lot Eddie images from that period, both normal, Christmas (which is rare) and other very rare images too. There are 10 or so more Eddie images apart from the cover, Wasted Years and Stranger in a Strange Land Eddies that are also rare and hard to come by in either a high-quality image or another reproduction, etc.

Anyway, pm me what you are looking for or I can send you some rare Eddie's from 1981 to 1988. 1980 has no real hard to find Eddie's apart from the 1980 Christmas card which I also have. Or you can pm me the Eddie's your looing for through links from the net, and of course, I'll send you the much higher-res versions.

30 years ago today, Maiden played their first Irish gig. My first real rock gig. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭peter4918

30 years ago today, Maiden played their first Irish gig. My first real rock gig. Great night.

September 23rd 1990 - the Point depot. Etched into my brain forever. What a night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

peter4918 wrote: »
    September 23rd 1990 - the Point depot. Etched into my brain forever. What a night!!

A brilliant gig. Maiden really were in top form... Wolfsbane was support that night and they were very good too. I wonder what became of their lead singer? :)

Advertisement