Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Gigs - 2 Piece covers - Advice

• 12-01-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi.

Looking for some advice on this.. ( Getting Gigs ).

I have just formed a 2 piece Duo, and over the last few weeks have gotten a set list together of 30 songs. Were ready to go.

Group consists of myself on guitars and a really great female singer. We do a mix of acoustic numbers and some songs with backing tracks. Have all our own gear, P.A etc etc. We cover popular songs from 60's, 70's right up to today.

Anyways, the time has come to start gigging. I've been out of the gigging scene for about ten years and just wondering have things changed on how to nail down some gigs, and regular spots.

My method was to get a media pack together, some audio & video and a short bio for the group. Then go into places I know and offer our music at a hefty discount, or even a free gig to get in the door, and then follow up on a call back.

This has worked in the past, but the last ten years have brought big changes with social media and perhaps this approach is the more beneficial method today.

Really interested in hearing your ways of getting gigs..

Is the old fashioned way still best, or new social media the best approach.

Advice?
    Tagged:

Advertisement