Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting up a DFR

Options
  • 15-09-2019 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Am setting up a Dragonfly Red on a laptop and came to this stage and unsure which one i should select,.
    24 bit 44100 Hz studio quality
    24 bit 48000 Hz studio quality
    24 bit 88200 Hz studio quality
    24 bit 96000 Hz studio quality also downloaded USB Audio Player Pro on my phone and having trouble with it but for now that's another story,cheers.

p.s .
    When headphones are connected to the DFR and i,m listening to music vocals why then when their singing the letter S in a word is there a pronounced hissing noise to the S,gets pretty annoying.Now if i listen on my headphones via bluetooth to the same artist singing the problem is drasticly reduced to very little,it doesnt happen to every music artist that i listen too either,cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think you talking about sibilance which is most noticeable in female vocals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/451xwg/what_is_sibilance/

Ultimately it's a problem with the headphone I feel. Turning up the tremble to high can make it worse. So you might mitigate it by truing the right treble frequency down. Google your headphone/s with the term sibilance and you might find an equalizer solution to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think you talking about sibilance which is most noticeable in female vocals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/451xwg/what_is_sibilance/

Ultimately it's a problem with the headphone I feel. Turning up the tremble to high can make it worse. So you might mitigate it by truing the right treble frequency down. Google your headphone/s with the term sibilance and you might find an equalizer solution to it.

Thanks for reply,this problem only happened since I started using the dragon fly red it actually got to a stage where five or six words together in a sentance would have the combined hissing noise too.I have since found out the above setting I was looking for is 44.1so I have it set to that,not too impressed with the DFR at all, maybe it's because I get a pretty good sound from the S momentum 2 oebt,s without it...

Advertisement